Dr. Andrew P. Kontos

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Andrew P. Kontos

Dr Kontos and his staff are attentive, positive, well informed, and treat patients with professionalism and respect. I was sent to Dr Kontos under confusing and painful conditions. He was encouraging and responsibly worked wit Dr Brown to provide the treatment that I believe saved my life. My husband and I both see him now and gladly drive 45 minutes to see him.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Called on a Friday to see if the accepted new patients and of course they do, but they didn't have ANYTHING AVAILABLE UNTILL 7/7/2016 and we were only in the first week of June.. So I explained my what I felt was URGENT situation in regards to my 84 yr old Grandmother and this AMAZING LADY Marena (I believe) told me to please call her back on Monday morning first thing because she wanted to talk to the Nurse about her.. I called on Monday @ around 8:30 and she told me to have her there by 10:00!!! They treated her like She was FAMILY, and not to mention She told the Dr. She loved Him and He told Her he loved Her too!!! GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND THANK YOU!!! We will see y'all this week!!! 5 STARS FOR SURE!!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

So happy that we found Dr. Andy and Ang again! The best doctor overall and nurse I've ever had in my 70 years. Appointments with them are great, they take time and they are honest and thorough and they really care about what they are doing and they are always available to answer questions and have even checked on me on a weekend. They are genuine and the real deal. Dr. Andy is caring and knowledgable and Ang a true delight. They are worth the drive to lehigh, I won't ever see anyone else.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2015

Lucky Lehigh Acres to have gained this highly acclaimed surgical dermatologist in his new office. Now, everything will reflect this competent, compassionate and happy doctor's attitude toward his patients. Thank you Dr. Kantos for saving my husband's life. We wish you all the success and happiness in your new office.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

I highly recommend Dr. Konto if you need skin cancer surgery. I would never have expected to look forward to an appointment, especially when surgery is involved. You are instantly comfortable as soon as you meet his nurse Angella. She is very friendly and knowledgeable. And when you need Dr. Kontos he is the same way. And he takes his time to get to know you. I have been very pleased with my surgeries and the treatment I have received. This surgery duo is a godsend. I look forward to my visits and people can't even see my scars if I don't point them out.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

If you have to have MOHs surgery this is the doctor you want to see. My husband had many surgeries with him and he really cares about his patients. All his nurses are friendly and informative. His nurse Angie is exceptional. And the two of them go the extra mile. They even came back after hours when we needed additional care. Dr. Kontos takes his time and makes you feel very well taken care of.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

Dr. Kontos is an amazing doctor, and his nurse Angie has a heart of gold. They spend as much time as it takes to answer questions and they make you feel important. They have genuine concern and it shows. Dr. Kontos and Angie put you at ease with their compassion, their music, and their humerous banter. They almost make you forget that you are having a surgery and you leave the office feeling like you just had a visit with family. Would highly recommend to anyone needing mohs surgery.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

In my 61 years I have never seen any Doctor more competent and compassionate than Dr. Kontos. Additionally his Nurse, Andrew was also extremely professional and at the same time did his best to put me at ease about my procedure, explaining everything in great detail. He is the best at giving almost pain free numbing shots!! I can not say enough good things about my experiences with this Doctor and the staff at the Cape Coral office. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2013

The entire staff was terrific. Dr. Kontos was absolutely SUPERB in all aspects of communication and Moh's surgery on my ear. My ear looks absolutely the way in looked all my life thanks to Dr. Kontos wise decision to let God and nature heal it perfectly. Very helpful and caring. Dr. Kontos answered all of my scientific questions completely.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2011

Dr. Kontos is very friendly, personable and answers all of your questions thoroughly. Unfortunately, his PA Elizabeth McDonough is not very professional. She has a very haughty attitude. Treats staff poorly in front of patients (barks at nurses or nursing assistants saying they ALWAYS need to have a prescription pad on hand). She is far too important to write out a prescription.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2009

Dr. Andrew P. Kontos's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Board Certified Dermatology Fellowship-Trained Mohs Micrographic Surgery Education • B.S., University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI • M.S, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI • M.D., Wayne State University, Detroit, MI Training • Internship – William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, MI • Dermatology Residency – Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI • Fellowship, Clinical Research and Phototherapy – Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI • Fellowship, Epidermolysis Bullosa – Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI • Fellowship, Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology – Tampa, FL Accreditations and Professional Affiliations • American Board of Dermatology • American Academy of Dermatology • American Society of Dermatologic Surgery • American College of Mohs Surgery • American Medical Association • Lee County Medical Society Dr. Andrew Kontos is a highly regarded board-certified dermatologist and fellowship-trained Mohs micrographic and cutaneous oncology surgeon. He received his bachelor's degree from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, and master's and medical degrees from Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan with an internship at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan. Thereafter, he completed residency and extensive training with fellowships in clinical research and phototherapy and epidermolysis bullosa within the Henry Ford Health System in Detroit, Michigan. Advancing his skills and credentials, Dr. Kontos obtained fellowship-training in Mohs micrographic surgery and cutaneous oncology in Tampa, Florida. Following his education and training, Dr. Kontos moved to Southwest Florida in 2007 to devote his training and expertise in advanced dermatology to the Greater Fort Myers and Naples communities. An esteemed physician and surgeon, he began Innovative Dermatology and Mohs Surgery in 2015 to provide attentive and individualized medical care; specializing in general and complex skin conditions with a primary focus on detecting and preventing skin cancer. A fellowship-trained expert in Mohs micrographic surgery and cutaneous oncology, Dr. Kontos precisely identifies and removes skin cancer with minimal potential for scarring and the lowest chance of re-growth. This technique is considered the most effective skin cancer treatment with a 99% cure rate and performed in the office for comfort and convenience. Committed to providing high-quality skin care, Dr. Kontos remains up to date in medical advancements to continue offering the best care available for his patients. The values that guide his patient-centered model of delivering positive outcomes are compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence. He is fluent in Greek and a dedicated husband and father of three children. His personal interests include traveling, astronomy, classical studies and scuba diving.

• Greek

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Lehigh Acres, FL