Ratings for Dr. Leonard A. Brabson

The mid wives have delivered my last two children and were wonderful. Unfortuantely during one of my pregnancies I had a miscarriage where apparently some of the fetus tissue was left inside and was causing me to be VERY sick. I was forced to have aDNC. Dr. Brabson performed my DNC and did a great job. But where he really stood out was that he was asked last minute to come in on his day off AND on New Years Eve to do it. I can tell you there arent many who would/ could do that! He is a kind man and even though I continue to see the mid-wives I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

Dr. Brabson is a great doctor! He was recommended by a family member who had all of her kids with him. He has delivered my children as well. He is willing to answer any question. He is always available! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a knowledgable OB/GYN.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

My husband was delivered by Dr. B as well as his brothers! My first two sons and our soon to be baby girl were and will be too! Also, 3 out of 4 of my nieces and nephews! I love him and the people he has on staff! He has always treated me and my family so so nice! He is the best in my opinion! I'll be with him as long as he's in the business! Keep up the great work Dr. B!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

I only had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Brabson once, when he performed my son's circumcision. I felt at ease with him and his excellent bedside manner. Throughout my pregnancy I saw the midwives at his practice. I highly recommend them if you are interested in a natural birth!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

Best Women's Service in Knoxville, TN. Dr Brabson and any of the Midwives (Manola, Blair, and Libby) are excellent.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Dr. Brabson and his staff are by far the best in the business. Not only is Dr. Brabson amazing at what he does but he surrounds himself with the same quality staff. They have always been friendly, professional and caring during every circumstance. Dr. Brabson went through my pregnancy with me and showed me nothing but the utmost care and patience. He and his staff answered every question and addressed every fear so on delivery day I had no apprehension. Dr. Brabson delivered my first baby and as long as he is practicing there is no doubt he will deliver the next!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013

In the beginning I thought Dr. Brabson was great. He seemed friendly and attentive and I felt like I had found a great doctor to deliver my baby. But the longer I saw him the stranger he became. Some visits he seemed really nice and other visits he acted like he barely knew me. My pregnancy had a few complications by the end, I had developed gestational diabetes and my fluid was low so these were things that had to be closely monitored. Around 38 weeks Dr. Brabson started talking about the fact the I might have to be induced due to these complications. So on my next visit I went in expecting to have an induction date. During the visit he said nothing about it and at the end when I asked him he acted like he had no idea what I was talking about. He looked thru his notes and still never knew what I was talking about. When he delivered my son he acted very distant like he didn't even notice my husband and I were there. We were left feeling very odd. I will never be back.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012

I love Dr B! His whole staff is amazing and all the ladies, even the billing and admin are super nice. They do everything they can for you. I had a scare at 10 weeks and of course it was on the day that the US Tech wasnt in, but they told me to come in anyway and the NP and one of the amazing nurses figured out the machine for us just so we could make sure the baby was ok. I also had a terrible case of post partum depression and they got me in THAT morning when I told them I couldnt handle it anymore, they had me in as much as I needed then to adjust my meds and make sure I was ok and that I was getting the right stuff to help me get better. They always treated me like family and gave me a shoulder to cry on, literally! when I needed it most. I love them and will be going there for all my kids and for all my gyno visits.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

I AM A NURSE, AND I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT I AM PROUD DR BRABSON IS MY DR. - HE IS A GREAT SURGEON- I HAVE SEEN HIM IN ACTION! HE'S JUST A CARING, WONDERFUL PERSON ALSO!YOU CAN COUNT ON THIS ONE!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2009

I was very interested in natural childbirth and Dr. Brabson was very accomodating of my wishes including waterbirth. I LO-OVE this man!!! He's a solo practitioner which is great b/c you're almost guaranteed to have him at delivery. The downside is it is easier for the office to get backed up with only him and his nurse practitioner seeing patients.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2009

Dr. Leonard A. Brabson's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)

HealthPartners