Dr. Johnny B. Delashaw

5 1 3.6

You may also like

Rate Dr. Johnny B. Delashaw

Dr. Johnny B. Delashaw's Ratings

He did brain surgery on my 16 year old daughter in 1996. The first doc said she would be dead in two weeks unless the tumor was removed, and he only knew of one dr who could do it. Dr Delashaw explained everything to us, and told us that type of tumor will recur. After a second surgery two years later, he was sure he got most of it. He saved her life. She had regular MRI s and even went to California to see him again for her last one. He said it should never come back. In 1996, very few surgeons operated on the center of the brain. He was awesome, yet very humble.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2889284].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2015

Dr Delashaw performed surgery on my neck in 2004. He did a fusion and laminectomy C5-C7 posterior. I woke up in the worst pain I have felt in my life. They kept me drugged for 8 days in hospital. Sent me home. I continued to have a pain rated at a 8 or higher. Found staples 3 weeks later on the side of my head. His office argued I didn't have staples in my head. My daughter took me there. Sure enough his PA removed the staples never numbing the area since skin had started growing over them. Of course there wasnt a record of them ever stapling my head for that matter removing the staples.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2781365].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

Delashaw gave me a lot of misinformation and happy talk. Horrible outcome to my surgery and he has no answers other than prescriptions to mask pain. Key word: malpractice.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2494107].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

This doctor was the answer to my long search for the a proper diagnosis. he is someone you can trust and depend upon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][856996].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2013

Dr Delashaw recognized that I was suffering and performed surgery on my neck very quickly. I have been pain free since and would undergo surgery again without hesitation if I had to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][856995].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2013

I had enumerism behind my left eye and Dr. Delashaw & his team did excellent job. I lost my memory for a day or so, which he explained was normal after brain surgery as cerebral fluid needs to get build up again and there were liquid in brain which needs to dry out after surgery. It is amazing to know that the same blood which is needed to body to operate is not good when it mix up with cerebral fluid. Brain has it own separate blood (cerebral fluid) & body keep recycling it every 12 hrs. Anyway I am doing great after 3 years, no memory loss and doing well at Apple. Thanks again to Dr. Delashaw & his team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][856994].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

Dr Delashaw is a wonderful neurosurgeon, extremely knowledgeable and skilled. He spent enough time with me to answer all my questions both before and after surgery. All the staff at OHSU were wonderful, both in the clinic and during my surgical procedure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][856993].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2011

I had my surgery in 2003 and I was rushed through everything. Then when I had asked a bunch of questions they were not all answered. I was scared of having brain/spinal surgery and I felt I did not get the comfort or answers I was seeking. Post surgery I was rushed in and out of the hospital and then follow up appt. They said everything was fine, which it wasnt because I went back a couple weeks later and they had forgotten to take a staple out of my head that was holding the paper thing in place. My skin was growing over it and causing severe pain. They had someone come in and literally yank it out of my head no numbing it or anything. I will never go through him again!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][856992].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2011

I had two surgeries done by Dr Delashaw on my pituitary adenoma. After my second surgery, Dr Delashaw said I had "residual" tumor that should be irradiated. I then went to a national pituitary center for evaluation. They looked at my scans and told me that Dr Delashaw had removed only about 20% of my tumor in the last surgery and that I needed another surgery, as the tumor was still too big to be irradiated.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][856991].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2011

Dr. Delashaw of OHSU came highly recommended to me, and I was not disappointed. He and his staff are highly knowledgeable and take their time to explain all details. You never feel rushed through the process and everyone has a positive attitude. I had two herniated disc in my neck that damaged my spinal cord. I had to have three fused and the matter removed from my spinal cord. Dr. Delashaw did a fabulous job. I spent two nights at OHSU (everyone was awesome there as well!)I left the hospital and have not had to be on any pain pills other than Tylenol since I left. Thank you God, Dr. Delashaw, Dr. Burke and all of the OHSU staff!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][856990].votes_count ]]