Ratings for Dr. Laurie J. Poss

I saw Dr Poss in my late 20’s as my GP. After a bad bout of pneumonia, something was terribly wrong. I had severe shortness of breath and neuromuscular problems. Instead of trying to help me figure out what was wrong, she berated me and accused me of being a hypochondriac and had a nurse shove a Valium down my throat. This dr made me fearful of seeing doctors going forward and ruined me adult life. I had been sick for 20 years, unable to have children or work. Finally, I have the diagnosis of POTS Dyndrome and EDS. Please don’t subject yourself to this kind of treatment from a doctor. I wish I had stood up for myself but I was too sick and fragile to do so. My husband was in the exam room with me when this occurred and to this day, he still talks about what acterrubky mean dr she was.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2018

Dr. Poss is a wackadoodle! She kept trying to get me to use her aesthetician services when all I wanted was a GP. She routinely kept me waiting for 90 minutes up to 2 hours with no apology. One time she did an excision on an irregular mole, and the stitches came out two days later, leaving a gaping wound in my back! I also heard her berate her staff on more than one occasion. She is scary!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

She is definitely the worst Dr ever. She was always late and her speech was slurred. She was dressed in all leather and was so unprofessional. I would never recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2013

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

Wow, very frightening. I think they're planning on closing up soon, very disorganized. Years ago my whole family used to go to Dr. Poss and her nurse practioner, never again. It went from being a nice practice to a disaster. They're always closed, won't return calls, and a guy who works there, Martine is an moron. He was trying to talk me into joining a drug rehab group. I don't even smoke cigarettes. Wow, really sad.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2012

She made me wait over an hour in her waiting room on the day of my appointment. She was very chatty: I had to ask her to listen to my heart, then she did not detect a heart murmur. The examination room had an inch of dust on every surface.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

The office is closed more than it's open. The staff is horrible, embarrasingly slow and unknowledgable. Theresa is some kind of glorified receptionist, wow...really dumb. Drug addicts roam the office and Martin, the drug counselor is an idiot. More concerned with eating Chinese food than working, he's the main reason the business is a complete failure. Poss herself is a joke, late constantly and out of control on who knows what.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011

It pains me to see all of the negativity concerning Dr. Poss and her staff on this ratings board. I saw Dr. Poss on and off for many years. I too, feel like she saved my life. I agree that she can be a little brash at times and may push the "skin products" a little too much (although all she ever did with me was mention them). Doctors are people just like anyone else, they may have personality flaws. If these flaws are overwhelmingly offensive to you, by all means, find another doctor, she just isn't for you. I was able to look past the flaws and what I found was a caring, compassionate person that I felt I could trust and depend on. And as for the staff, they knew me by name and were ALWAYS very nice to me.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

Dr.Poss has been my physician for over 20 years. She saved my life!!! She is very knowledgeable and her staff is just lovely. I do not understand the bad ratings for Dr. Poss. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but the ratings on this website are not accurate at all. Dr. Poss can diagnose any medical issue and takes her time with each patient. It is hard finding a doctor nowadays that spends time with their patients. She is highly recommended.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2010

Worst Dr. and staff ever! I'm 34 yrs old now and went to her when I was around 21 yrs. old. Dr Poss yelled at me for having unprotected sex so loud I'm sure everyone in the waiting room heard, but then was a whole new person when I told her I've been in a relationship for 4 months. She then accused my partner of cheating on me and that I have trichomoniasis. She never even checked it under a microscope! I later went to a super sweet Dr. and he told me I don't have it and you can't diagnose that without looking under the microscope. I received letters and a threatening phone call from the staff about not paying a $10 copay which I already paid. Of course they didn't provide me with a receipt so I gave in and paid it again. I called a nurse because I had an allergic reaction to penicillin a week after taking it. She said there was no way this is possible and that there must be something going around I caught. It was the penicillin! there is more, but the 1000 character limit is up

flag | Submitted August 13, 2010

Dr. Laurie J. Poss's Credentials

• Univ Of Pa Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19104 (Grad. 1980)

Top Hospitals in Annapolis, MD