Ratings for Dr. Laurie J. Poss

She is definitely the worst Dr ever. She was always late and her speech was slurred. She was dressed in all leather and was so unprofessional. I would never recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2013

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

Wow, very frightening. I think they're planning on closing up soon, very disorganized. Years ago my whole family used to go to Dr. Poss and her nurse practioner, never again. It went from being a nice practice to a disaster. They're always closed, won't return calls, and a guy who works there, Martine is an moron. He was trying to talk me into joining a drug rehab group. I don't even smoke cigarettes. Wow, really sad.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2012

She made me wait over an hour in her waiting room on the day of my appointment. She was very chatty: I had to ask her to listen to my heart, then she did not detect a heart murmur. The examination room had an inch of dust on every surface.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

The office is closed more than it's open. The staff is horrible, embarrasingly slow and unknowledgable. Theresa is some kind of glorified receptionist, wow...really dumb. Drug addicts roam the office and Martin, the drug counselor is an idiot. More concerned with eating Chinese food than working, he's the main reason the business is a complete failure. Poss herself is a joke, late constantly and out of control on who knows what.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011

It pains me to see all of the negativity concerning Dr. Poss and her staff on this ratings board. I saw Dr. Poss on and off for many years. I too, feel like she saved my life. I agree that she can be a little brash at times and may push the "skin products" a little too much (although all she ever did with me was mention them). Doctors are people just like anyone else, they may have personality flaws. If these flaws are overwhelmingly offensive to you, by all means, find another doctor, she just isn't for you. I was able to look past the flaws and what I found was a caring, compassionate person that I felt I could trust and depend on. And as for the staff, they knew me by name and were ALWAYS very nice to me.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

Dr.Poss has been my physician for over 20 years. She saved my life!!! She is very knowledgeable and her staff is just lovely. I do not understand the bad ratings for Dr. Poss. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but the ratings on this website are not accurate at all. Dr. Poss can diagnose any medical issue and takes her time with each patient. It is hard finding a doctor nowadays that spends time with their patients. She is highly recommended.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2010

Worst Dr. and staff ever! I'm 34 yrs old now and went to her when I was around 21 yrs. old. Dr Poss yelled at me for having unprotected sex so loud I'm sure everyone in the waiting room heard, but then was a whole new person when I told her I've been in a relationship for 4 months. She then accused my partner of cheating on me and that I have trichomoniasis. She never even checked it under a microscope! I later went to a super sweet Dr. and he told me I don't have it and you can't diagnose that without looking under the microscope. I received letters and a threatening phone call from the staff about not paying a $10 copay which I already paid. Of course they didn't provide me with a receipt so I gave in and paid it again. I called a nurse because I had an allergic reaction to penicillin a week after taking it. She said there was no way this is possible and that there must be something going around I caught. It was the penicillin! there is more, but the 1000 character limit is up

flag | Submitted August 13, 2010

I'm totally in agreement with the others. This woman is a nut case.I went for a physical and she tried to tell me that I would age the most in the next ten years and wanted to remove an age mark that I told her was a birth mark. I went in feeling fine and came out feeling like crap.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2009

I have to agree with the other raters. I went to this doctor for over 10 years and consistently had to wait 2 hours; had bills sent to collection for no reason; experienced indifferent staff; outrageous billing ($30 for the doctor to call and tell me the results of a blood test?); and I could go on. The only reason I stuck with this doctor is becuase I could usually get an appointment on the same day I needed them to get antibiotics for chronic sinus infections. In one case, she sent a bill to collections and when I called her office to protest it, the office manager said they were currently suing their bookkeeper to get patients' billing records. As soon as there were intermediate service providers available, I stopped going to her. I now have a regular doctor that treats me like a human being. I do NOT recommend anyone go to this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2009

Dr. Laurie J. Poss's Credentials

• Univ Of Pa Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19104 (Grad. 1980)

Top Hospitals in Annapolis, MD