Ratings for Dr. Bibhuti B. Mishra

Excellent doctor. Thorough and explains things well.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

very unprofessional. uncaring to patient. rude and abusive. the worst ever. couldn't recommend to anyone. no business being a doctor.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

My experience was very different than other's. Maybe because I saw him in the Alexandria office. The staff was polite. I waited about 10 minutes before being called back by the dr himself. He was kind, he was humble, he listened and he was thorough. I am pleased with my visit with Dr. Mishra.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

absolutely great doctor - you may say he is heaven-sent!!!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

I became ill after suffering stroke like symptoms with what turned out to be a very rare disease. I saw many neurologists at top research hospitals such as the Mayo Clinic and Northwestern Hospital. In total I visited over 10 neurologists who were unable to diagnose my condition. I then saw Dr. Mishra who spent the time to review my case and order tests. Soon only Dr. Mishra was able to diagnose my very rare neurological condition. Dr. Mishra was very available to me, took great care of me when admitted to hospitals and when being seen as an outpatient. Dr. Mishra followed up with me to assess how well I was doing of his own accord. Dr. Mishra is not only the most intelligent, knowledgeable, and caring neurologist I have met, but he is the most qualified and caring physician that has ever managed my care.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

After many years,of hardly sleeping at night,but,being sleepy,all,day,I,started,falling,down,with,terrible,consequences,I,broke my,hip,about 5,months,later,fell,and split,the top and back of,my head,wide,open. I was,diagnosed,as,having,seizures! That sent me,into,a,downward ,spiral! The medicine,I,had to take,caused,me,horrific,side affects! I,finally,was,referred,to,Dr. Bibhuti B. Mishra. It took,me,finally,agreeing,to,have a sleep,study,to,find out,what,was,wrong! I,had,Narcolepsy with,cataplexy! I,had,to,Ishtar with,my,insurance,but,with,Dr. Mishra's,help,we,got,it,straight! I,have now,been on,the new,medicines,for,5-6,yrs,and am,healthier,than,I,have,been,in,my,whole,life! And,it's all,due,to,Dr. Mishra!! Yes,he,has,had,a,time,finding,the,staff,that,is,finally,working,like a well,oiled,machine! But,it,was,worth,it,to,get,the,help,I,needed! Thank you,Dr. Mishra,for,giving me,my,life,back!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

This has to be my worst medical experience ever. I had a bad head concussion and needed doctor to refer me to get a CT scan. My appointment was at 11am; at 11:30 his front desk calls the lady before me whose been there since 10:30am. I said to her “I have to be out by noon, what is the holdup” and she explained replied that the doctor had an emergency in the morning to tend to, so had to delay us all. Ok, I thought to myself, be patient and ignore the fact that a hospital trip for the doctor is more financially profitable than seeing me. So 15 mins later my name comes up, yay an hour later. I am placed in the “next” room. At 12:00 Dr. Mishra shows up, asks me why I’m here and then says “take your shoes off so I can test you, I’ll be right back.” I wait 15 mins and start to wonder what happened? I put my shoes on and walk out, I see the Doc having a lovely conversation with his staff about dining in NY, he can’t see me so I wait to see when he notices, he eventually does after 10 mins. He turns around and says oh sorry let’s talk in the room, at that point I was livid. I tell him how unprofessional he is and rude, guess what he replies? Doc says “you obviously don’t understand the medical profession and don’t understand I had to run to the hospital” That’s when I say, so why did you tell me 30 mins ago to take my shoes off and run away to have a hall conversation. He responds “let me explain to you the medical profession”. I cut him off and said” you already wasted my time, you assume you know what I know and don’t know (I am a Doctor but didn’t want to tell him at that point), and your too arrogant to apologize.” He then says “ok obviously you broke (yes he’s referring to me) the doctor/patient trust and Ill give you a slip to do some tests and next time you can see my partner.” Ok first, he still didn’t check me out and he was about to write some tests for me, second he assumes I broke the trust because I refused to wait for two hours, and third why would I want to come back. Lord help me, I said “no don’t bother I’ll just go to ER.” I did and got scanned and sent home in 3 hours at ER. Do you see the irony 3 hours tested and scanned at ER while at Mishra’s joint, two hours waiting for his arrogant self to show up? Seriously I cannot still believe this happened at a doctor’s office, felt like a trip to 7-11.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Bibhuti B Mishra is always late, arrogant, and has the worse bedside manner I have ever seen. I found someone else who is great.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Ms. Wendy is horrible they don't have the staff to carry out the volume of patients and the follow up care was horrid. He maybe a great dr but his staff is not worth dealing with! Wait a year for an exam they never scheduled and then tried to blame it on insurance!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

The nurse/ from office staff is horrible. Rude and not helpful!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014