Ratings for Dr. Gamal F. Sidarous

Dr. Sidarous is how all doctors should be. Kind, intelligent, caring. His tech staff, while easy to smile and even kind of fun, don't seem to know what they are doing. I've had three bone scans done there and each one was performed differently. I understand the purpose is to compare each one to see how my cancer is responding to treatment, but the scans were performed so differently, I just don't see how that is possible.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

Dr. Sidarous treated me with radioactive iodine for hypothyroidism due to a hot nodule in my thyroid. I was referred to him by my endocrinologist group as they believed he was one of the best in the valley and because I would deal with him directly rather than technicians working on me with the doctor in the background. During my initial visit Dr. Sidarous explained in detail what he was going to do. After the first uptake test he went over the results, drew diagrams of my thyroid and the nodule explained what he was looking for and what he found and made sure I understood the results. On the follow up visit the next day he gracioiusly include my wife during the discussion of that days results, clearly explained the treatment options and gave us his recommendations. He was able to complete the treatment on my second visit (the treatment was unscheduled but he made it work). The staff in the Nuclear Medicine Unit at Good Sam was great as well.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2008