Ratings for Dr. Alexis Abril

I called in late August and the next available appointment was October 2nd. I arrived at the scheduled time and the office was closed. The next day someone called and left a message in my phone that the doctor had to see a patient in the hospital, an emergency, and asked me to call to reschedule. I rescheduled for October 16th and later received a message to arrive 15 minutes earlier. But when I showed up for the appointment, I was told that there's no appointment. That the doctor would not arrive until later. I spoke to my primary doctor and asked not to refer patients to this practice. It is thoroughly disorganized, disrespectful, and unprofessional. Stay away.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

My experience wiht Dr. Abril was excellent, he is a wonderful Surgeon and a wonderful human been , I trust him 100% with alll my heart if you have more star to put it I would like to put 100 star . I recomend this Doctor to everybody. I can put my family in his hand because he is a Doctor for love and no for money. Thank you, Thank you and specially to his staff for all. Specially Gloria.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Went to person we were referred to today, was a mess!Doctor was not there @ 1 for our appointment, we left @ 2:30, still not there and there were 8 patients before us, waiting! Over heard conversation, others had been waiting since 10:45 for an 11:00 apt...still there when we left at 2:30! People stacked in the office, in the hall, even sleeping in the hall. Read online that this was typical! Don't want someone with that little respect for his patients cutting into my husband!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Horrible, I waited more than 4 hours to be seen. Nobody took the time to come and explain what was going on. I understand your time is valuable but guess what, so is mine. Eso es una falta de respeto. Never going back and don't recommend it.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Dr. Abril was very helpfull. He took his time in explaining the procedure. Answered all my questions. The only problem was the amount of patients durin office visits.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2008

Third round with this doctor because of his mistakes which included wound opening and infection.Makes excuses to avoid post operation care. Schedules over 17 patients(standing room only) for appointments and then shows up at 3PM or later. Office is not prepared with surgical equipment and there is no assistant. Always disgruntled patients during visits. To avoid these problems if possible stay away from the emergency room at Coral Gables Hospital.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008

lack of aftercare attention,procedure prone regarless of appropiateness with poor pre-surgical evaluation

flag | Submitted March 2, 2008

Dr. Alexis Abril's Credentials

• Univ De Salamanca, Fac De Med, Salamanca, Spain (Grad. 1974)