Ratings for Dr. Mark D. Chase

After waiting an hour and a half (with a toddler!) was finally able to see the wizard. Interaction lasted about 5 mins and maybe 5 more only because I asked questions which seemed frustrating to him. Possibly the worst bedside manner ever. He probably knows his stuff but seems too rushed to listen.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr Chase,has been my Dr.For many years.He just did 2 knee replacements on my husband.One in March and other in Sept.Hevwalked out of the hospital and we as ecstatic at his recovery and treatment

Submitted October 6, 2016

Today was my first visit. I didn't even get to be seen by Dr.Chase due to the extremely rude front staff. I waited for hours only to get yelled at when I asked them how much longer do I have to wait. The lady that works in front got very verbally abusive when I asked for my papers back and told her I will go find another doctor. If he employs unprofessional psychotic staffers I can imagine his dedication towards his patients. Do yourself a favor. He's ratings says it all. Below national average. Run and don't look back!!!! Suna O.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

It's a shame that sites like this seem to attract complainers and those who believe they had a bad experience. Dr. Chase did a total knee replacement on me in December. Best care I've ever had from a surgical team!! New knee is wonderful. Dr. Chase and Mendes take the time to explain everything. They are true professionals. I highly recommend Montclair Orthopedic.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2011

The two of them, Chase and Mendes preformed a total knee replacement on me, and it was never right. I repeatedly went back and told him of the pain I was having, and all he said was "You have great flexion." NEVER did he touch me, kept telling me I was fine, or did he do any additional testing. Finally, I did my research(which I learned my lesson...Dr Chase went on and on about how much experience he and Dr Mendes had together...blah blah blah,,,stupid me). I went to a true professional, who did some testing, and the prosthesis was loose!!!! The sound it made was horrendous...which Chase had heard also, but remember I had great flexion. I have had to have 2 revisions due to the incompetent sloppy work done by them. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2010

I saw Dr. Chase as the result of a car accident. I was told by two car insurance companies that his fees were excessive and sadly he collected his fees up-front. His rapport, as well as his office staff, is about the worst I ever experienced. After seeing him I went to a different orthopedist group in Englewood Cliffs, NJ which provided the attention I deserved (both doctors and office staff). Basically, I would totally avoid Dr. Chase's practice.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2009

More concerned with collecting money that providing adequate service for the patient.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2008

Dr. Mark D. Chase's Credentials

• Boston Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02118 (Grad. 1983)