Ratings for Dr. Zhalet Baharestan

Office staff rude, doctor is not flexible with your work schedule, special needs, she was never in the office you would sit & wait for her, inquired about a lab test & she didn't know what it was but it was ordered in the hospital with her name on it so she is responsible for it - it was a very serious condition & I would be dead today if I had not f/u with it, check in girl Barbara rude & lies Dr & Barbara discussed my medical issue at the check in desk with 7 patients sitting in waiting room - big HIPPA violation. Next day office manager called me & was also rude & continued to harass me- phone & mail - of course they d/c me from their practice- don't do me any favors! Actually saw her twice & she touched me once yet billed my insurance company for full physical - Progress not she had checked off all thes things & evaluate of systems but never touched me. Isn't that insurance fraud? I'm just sorry that I did not file a HIPPA c/o and also a claim for insurance fraud as she was billing for things she did not do. I was assigned her on a hospital d/c b/c I did not have a PCP

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

I went to Dr B long time ago. She gave me medicine and it broke me out all over. I went back and she told me that it wasn't the medicine that broke me out it was maybe my detergent cause it. It wasn't because i use it for 10 years. And she wouldnt listen to me . And seem to get mad and left the room and the nurse came in to give me a shot and Dr B never came back in. Went to another Dr and i was told it was the medicine she gave me that broke me out all over. Never went back to her again.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

I do not like Dr Baharestan. She is not a good listener and her way is the only way. I find her condesending and arrogant.``

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

I had a pretty bad experience with this office. The staff didn't know how to do the basic fundamentals of handling my insurance and were extremely rude with me when I was trying to make an emergency appointment. They took a few days getting back to me to tell me they had openings the following week. What is the point of a primary care physician that can't get you in when you need it the most? Dr. B was very thurough, I will give her that, but having to wait in a room for 45 minutes defeats the purpose of scheduling an appointment so you can be at work on time. I wouldn't recommend scheduling here unless you want to basically feel belittled by your doctor and inconvenienced by her staff.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Dr B is the only physician that I have seen in my seventy (70) years so knowledgeable, flexible, empathic and honest. In my case, I reside outside Louisville for 6 months a year. Dr B sees me when I'm in Louisville and is fully aware of my medical history by the reports sent to her from NON-Louisville physicians. I know she has followed my out-of-town case history because of her questions of me Dr B has contributed significantly to my health during two (2) cancers, two (2) major heart surgeries, two (2) prostrate surgeries and one kidney failure. I feel that Dr B has done more for me then can be expected of any physician and is responsible for me reaching 71 next year. For me she is one of the most important people in my life.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2013

Very intelligent and thorough MD, but doesn't listen. I told her I did not want to take her suggested medicine and why, and she basically told me I didn't know what I was talking about. I also took my husband's grandmother there with concerns about her being on addictive drugs, and was told to butt out. Later she was seen by a specialist in geriatric psychiatry, who told us all the meds for agitation and sleep she was on were wrong for her. I guess this MD doesn't know as much as she thinks she does!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2012

STAFF IS VERY RUDE AND NASTY NOT HELPFUL AT ALL. THE OFFICE WAS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND WAS RAN POORLY. THE DR. WAS RUDE AND WAS NOT WILLING TO LISTEN TO WHAT I HAD TO SAY AND JUST RAN HER MOUTH. I WOULD NEVER TELL ANYONE TO GO TO THIS OFFICE!!!!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012

Smart as a whip, I've enjoyed this doctor and her partner, and her Mother! She's willing to think outside the box, extends her good mind to whatever problem is brewing. My Mother died from complications of an odd lingering dimentia, Zhalet actually came to our house to help me understand the Hospice process and underline my decisions. Extraordinary young woman. Glad to know her as a person as well!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

Dr. Baharestan is an excellent diagnostician. She is one of the few doctors who still see their patients when they are in the hospital. She addresses the overall health of her patients and doesn't just practice acute care.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2011

Dr. Baharestan has been my physician for 2 years. She is very smart and a great diagnostician. Her staff is wonderful and helpful. Highly recommend this practice!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2010

Dr. Zhalet Baharestan's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1997)