Ratings for Dr. Kirk Rousset

Mrs Brooke is extremely nice I love talking to her more then the doctor cause dr.rousett is always late or u dnt see him but mrs Brooke is the reason they got 4 * in staff cause the rest of the nurses show no care

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Dr. Rousset is an extremely knowledgeable doctor who literally saved my daughter's life (she was coming out cord first and was not getting any oxygen and he converted from a standard delivery to a c-section and had her out safely within 10 minutes). I don't mind the wait at my scheduled appointments because when he is running behind it is usually because he spent more time than anticipated on someone's delivery - and it gives me great comfort to know that he is also going to take whatever time is needed when I deliver too.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

this man saved my life. i would tell anyone i know to go see him. can not say enough good about kirk.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

My entire experience with Rousset was awful. He was late for every appointment. At best, I waited an hour and at worst, up to 2.5 hours. He blew off my questions and concerns. His actions became more egregious as time went on. I was induced at 39 weeks. I had a 36 hour labor and when the nurses called to tell him I was complete, he waited 3 hours to come. Because my daughter was stuck, he decided on a forceps delivery. When he pulled her out, he pulled her incorrectly and he damaged her brachial plexus nerve on the right side, which resulted in paralysis to her right arm (also known as Erb's Palsy). He casually told me that "It would be better in a week or two." She has been in OT since birth, but still has a deficit. He never asked about her condition in any follow up appointments. I also believe that he tried to cover up the incident with sloppy charting. He indicated in his post-delivery notes that all of her extremeties were "normal." Do NOT use Kirk Rousset.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

There is always a considerable wait when seeing Dr. Rousset, and often waiting room seating is limited. I am pregnant with my first child, and he does a great job at easing my nerves and answering my questions. His staff is always prompt at answering phone calls, and Brooke is an absolute doll! She always makes me feel better when I call concerned about something. Some of his other nurses are not so fabulous. Overall, I like him as a doctor, and feel very comfortable with him.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2008

I think Rousset is very knowledgeable,experienced and always over-booked. I waited over an hour to see him at EVERY appointment. I never felt like he gave me a chance to ask any questions before he ran out the room. He delivered three of my children and with each one of the deliveries only showed up when my babies heads were showing. (All of my pregnancies were induced and scheduled on days he was to be at the hospital). I continued to go back to him because I think he knows what he is doing when it come to delivery, which is important. I'm just not sure it's worth dealing with everything else that comes with using him. Also, I didn't feel that my appointments were very thorough. The only time my belly was measured was when I saw the nurse practitioners.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2008

Dr. Kirk Rousset's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1979)

• BCBS Florida