Ratings for Dr. Vijayalakshmi S. Pratha

Office staff need more training in customer service. I dropped off paperwork to Dr. Pratha a week before my appointment and she never received it or was aware of it until I mentioned it in the middle of our appointment and then she took valuable time looking it up. If you have mental health conditions and all your blood tests come back negative BEWARE. Your GI symptoms are now all from stress and you are told if you do not take care of these unprocessed emotions from the past you will be adversely affect your entire family including your grandchildren and if your family has to have any surgeries that is all your fault! She is challenging of anything you say and will stand over you while you are crying telling you how good crying is and how you need to do it to release all your pent up emotions. When you go out by the office all the staff like to tell you to keep crying also, that it is good for you (how condescending can they get?) WARNING - Do NOT mention any mental health issues as it will be your worse enemy and you will receive no help and only admonition that whatever you have been doing to better yourself no matter how painful or for how long it is not good enough. Nor is your therapist. I was sent to her for help and I deeply regret it. I left her office deeply depressed and considering suicide since I was such a failure. Her office manner is abrupt and disrespectful, confrontational, condescending and "a little better than thou".

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

I almost died under Dr Pratha and nurse practitioner, Alison's, care. I'm not exaggerating or dramatizing either. I would never bother to review a doctor poorly for inconsequential, poor office management, but Dr Pratha and Alison have much worse, dangerous problems of poor medical judgement that ought to be known to the community. They lacked the medical discernment to keep me safe with my severe Crohns diagnosis. If Dr Pratha and Alison would've ordered a colonoscopy for my left sided back pain, instead of refilling several Vicodin prescriptions for the pain, maybe my colon would not have ruptured. While they were sidetracked ruling out a UTI for my pain, my colon ruptured. I was hospitalized for 30 days at Scripps Mercy with two surgeries, a new ileostomy and colostomy, several days in the ICU and an antibiotic resistant infection. Dr Pratha and Alison knew my diagnosis of severe Crohns Disease and allowed my condition to deteriorate under her care to near death. Instead of recognizing the signs and symptoms of worsening disease, they seemed looked for other explanations such as a UTI and gave me narcotics for the pain. If you're not that sick, their alternative, holistic therapies are great. But be careful if you do have a serious medical condition because they can overlook obvious life threatening signs while recommending vitamin IVs and juices.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

I have waited 7 months to voice my opinion of the services received. I was referred to her by a Dr. I highly respect, and I wanted to give Dr. Pratha a chance to come through. Today was the last straw when one of her staff said she was going to do me a favor. Revealing all the details would take a chapter. The service from this office is so unacceptable that it would seem unbelievable. Suffice it to say that I have waited 7 full months to receive the tincture that is supposed to solve my health issue. If I had it to do over again, I would have driven 3 hours to my acupuncturist and continued with Oriental medicine. I wanted to give endobiogenics a chance. I have never seen such a disorganized office. The staff is unresponsive. Dr. Pratha about a month ago blamed it all on herself and said she would fix the problem in the next few days. I waited another month. After all this time, I certainly hope her remedy works. My referring doctor gave a glowing review of the science.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Always on hold 2 talk 2 someone for at least 20 min. Went in to see Dr. Pratha, who I specifically asked 2 see & was referred to so I took the day off at a time when SHE was available, then told she wasn't there & passed off to someone else. Waited over an hour in the waiting room. Office itself is dingy, musty/dirty, deteriorating and reminded me of a college dorm. This doctor had me take all kinds of lab tests for a bunch of nonsense, cost me a fortune even after my health insurance coverage. When all the tests came out fine & she couldn't find anything, she started suggesting maybe I had this or that disease, and it sounded like she was completely making s*** up to keep me as a patient. Just tried 2 get my lab results 2 forward to my NEW, much better doctor & again put on hold for forever! Eventually was told they'd just email me my lab results & read back my email address which was completely wrong. Then basically hung up on me. Still trying to get my results. HORRIBLE, STAY AWAY!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED GI doctor. The best I have seen so far. She listens to you and is very patient. Her approach is to take a natural approach before prescribing medication.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2009

Dr Pratha is a great doctor. I have had a lot of experience with doctors, both GI and other. She is the best GI doctor I have ever had. Unfortunately, I no longer see her since I have moved out of the country. She is so caring and professional. I wish that she was still my doctor.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2009

One of the best GI doctors in Southern California. She really cares about her patients and takes a holistic approach rather than just prescribing medications. Would absolutely recommend Dr. Pratha to anyone with GI issues.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Vijayalakshmi S. Pratha's Credentials

• Andhra Med Coll, Univ Hlth Sci, Visakhapatnam, Ap, India (Grad. 1986)