Ratings for Dr. Basil O. Abdo

I also had problems getting my BLOOD PRESSURE medications renewed. They are not very good about renewing prescriptions or writing referrals for specialists. They are on time and making appointments is easy. I wonder because there are always new staff members and it makes me wonder why the workers don't stay.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2012

My prescription medication ran out and I needed a phone call from this doctor to the pharmacy to renew my prescription. After calling the office six times Thurs, Fri, Mon, Tues, still no call back. The Pharmacist has also called 3 times and sent 3 electronic requests for a prescription renewal. In addition - not once has a staff member answered the telephone during business hours. I have had to leave a voicemessage each time. I have requested a call back 6 out of the 6 times I have called. Still no call back. If I were a diabetic I'd already be DEAD!!! This is the second time I have had problems reaching this doctor or reaching a staff member in order to renew a prescription. In addition, there is a warning on the label of my medication that says "Do Not Stop Taking this medication unless supervised by your Doctor". I have been without my medication now for 5 days. I am heading to the Emergency this afternoon for a renewal. BEWARE - If you are intending to use this office!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2008

Dr. Basil O. Abdo's Credentials

• Albert Szent-Gyorgyi Orvostudomanyi Egyetem, Szeged, Hungary (Grad. 2000)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal