Ratings for Dr. John Y. Robertson

Worst doctor ever. Went for 10 years, never did labs, ran from exam room w/out warning never to return, not helpful. CLOSED DOORS WITH NO WARNING. Beware and go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Love his bedside manner. Always listens. Very knowledgable

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

He listens intently and uses common sense in approaching treatment. Dr. Robertson takes his time and reads the patient more than just notes. People tend to be treated the way they treat others. Some people refuse to take any responsibility for their own health or even their preparation for a doctor visit. Those folks need to stop blaming the doctor and his staff, and instead take a long look in the mirror to discover the root of their problems.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Dr Robertson is super fake. His staff is so rude. They all need professional training. I personally feel that they need a wake up call from the Ohio Medical Board. You can not run a professional office with rude staff and a physician that does not take time with his patients. Dr Robertson and his staff treat people as money not a person that they should care about in this practice. I am considering turning them in to the medical board. If anyone else feels the same way just contact Ohio medical board look for filing complaint. This will either wake him and his staff up or put them out of the medical profession. No patient should be treated poorly when they do not feel well. That is the bottom line. Ohio has several good Physician's not to be ruined by some bad eggs. I also overheard by his office staff that he was having an affair with the pharmacist at arensburg Jen and the favorite blonde in his office the office staff was whispering so not sure if I was suppose to hear that. How do you report issues when his father in law works there.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

Over rated Dr. Does not keep up with allowed Medicare preventative testing procedures. A visit typically consists of a non-medical conversation then walks out, gone. If you do get testing done the answers here are not easy to get. Will drop you at will as a patient for no apparent reason and leave you without medical/medicinal help COLD TURKEY. Said to find someone else so do yourself a favor and do that instead of going here. Noticed internal staff problems probably temps. as it changes here a lot except for his little blonde favorite. sum ting wong.....

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Every time I visited Dr. Robertson's office I was asked to write out all the medications I was on, including dosages. Then each time I needed a med, the dosage was wrong and a call would have to be made to the office, sometimes several, before the call would ultimately be returned. Dr. Robertson also has a stunt of leaving the room, saying he will be back and never returning, instead sending his medical assistant in, not even an RN. I'm over it.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

Dr. Robertson is a good doctor. He listens and is thorough. Unfortunately, the billing department (his father-in-law) is a jerk. If you have questions about billing, he's rude and points out that he's Dr. Robertson's father-in-law, Dave, so don't even try to complain. I've just had my share of a-holes, and I don't need it. I don't care who he is. So if I can't complain to Dr. Robertson, I'll complain here.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

I was a patient of Dr. Robertson for about 3 years. He likes to talk and is superficially friendly. Friendly doctors are not easy to find, and changing is a pain, so I put up with the rude staff and long wait times for appointments (a month or more). It turns out that this was a big mistake on my part. I recently encountered a rather serious medical issue, and made an appointment to speak with him about biopsy results. Rather than take the time to help me as I dealt with the most serious medical issue of my life, Dr. Robertson abruptly informed my that I was being "terminated" from his practice. No explanation at all, and only three weeks after a visit in which we had spent 10 minutes looking at pictures of his vacation with his wife and kids. So much for compassion, and 'bed side manner'. I am nearly 60 years old, and have never been so rudely treated by a professional in my life.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

Dr Robertson is never in or it takes a week or more to see him. He treats his patients like a paycheck

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

Dr. Robertson is thorough and pleasant -- he is a rare find in a day when most physicians seem too rushed to listen to their patents. When I moved to his practice, he was quick to pick up on important symptoms that my previous 2 physicians had ignored. However, I my experience with his nurse has been less positive: when Dr. Robertson referred me to a cardiologist with a condition that was serious (and potentially life-threatening), his nurse made it clear that she would complete the arrangements when she found time, and that I would have to "wait my turn." The possibility of my death was not something that merited a change in her plans! While I appreciate that staff is busy, they might benefit by some coaching in people skills and compassion.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

Dr. John Y. Robertson's Credentials

• Ohio University Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Newark, OH