Ratings for Dr. Norman F. Chang

I am going to agree with the others here. This was my family doc about 8 years ago and even if I went in for an earache he was trying to perscribe me to a antidepressant. He never really listened to me. I always felt my best interest was not his. I would have rather been seen by the nurses.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2009

I went to this doctor several times for high blood pressure. He is a good example of what is wrong with American medicine. He is in a hurry, appearing to have his mind made up on what he wants to do and doesn’t seem to appreciate even well researched input from the patient. He doesn’t hesitate to prescribe increased dosages of drugs to get the results he feels he wants. He could probably be replaced by a computer.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

He repeatedly spoke over me, would not listen when i explained why i had not been wearing orthotics to the physical(brand new shoes), just repeated "take them out, over and over" speaking over top my explanation. Told me to take my BP at home, record it for 2 weeks and bring in the cuff and results, which i did then but then he didn't ask for it at follow up. Tried to stop the initial physical altogether and give me a prescription for an antidepressant within first five minutes! Then refused to acknowledge the BMI is inaccurate for athletic or muscular builds, would not consider taking a circumference or waist to hip ratio and called me borderline obese in front of nursing staff when i requested my medical records, though i have a 34" waist, am 5'9, 184lbs and exercise regularly including weight training and cardio. I am certified in personal training and have a exercise science degree.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2008

Dr. Norman F. Chang's Credentials

• Univ Of British Columbia, Fac Of Med, Vancouver, Bc, Canada (Grad. 1978)

MSP/BC Med