Ratings for Dr. James Edward Stone

Dr.Stone is a rude and non caring doctor who worries about other things. He was always saying that he couldn't help me, and that there was nothing any doctor could do! When he finally agreed to do a surgery on me, it was very painful afterwards and I could barely walk. The stitches in my leg broke and my leg started bleeding. I went to a different doctor and rushed me into surgery because he found 4 cotton balls that were left from my previous surgery with Dr.Stone. In conclusion he was very rude, lacked personality, and was very unhelpful, and could have risked my leg if I hadn't gone to the other doctor. I would not under any circumstances recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

I have had both knees replaced by Dr. Stone. His caring attitude was very reassuring before and after surgery. I highly recommend him especially for those that care not only about a great surgeon but a compassionate one as well.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

I had an approximate 2 hour wait for my appointment. He tried to get a pain response from both of my knees, 1 was injured & 1 had no problems. Both hurt during the exam equally. Dr. said he could feel fluid in the knee. I was told to continue to run & can increase the distance I run. Not put on MRI waitlist as Dr. wanted to take a wait & see approach & asked me to book a follow-up appointment. Dr. advised most private extended health plans available through one's employer would cover the cost of an MRI. Dr. declined to provide me with an estimate for MRI waitlist times. Several hours later after appointment, got pain in injured knee, continuous for about 1 week. Phoned clinic 3 times over 3 weeks (once per week) asking to be put in waitlist for MRI & if I should continue running. I was advised by the reception staff Dr. had not provided a response. Reception staff gave me estimated waitlist times each time I called ranging from 9 to 18 months for an MRI. Phoned my extended health insurer, of which I pay for privately as my employer does not offer benefits, who advised insurance companies in BC don't pay out on anything covered by MSP. Phoned private MRI clinic in BC who advised they have never heard of an insurance company covering the cost of an MRI. Whole experience was very disappointing. The trust in this Dr. patient relationship is gone. 3 months since injury & thankfully my GP has placed me on the MRI waitlist so I can get a diagnosis & get this problem fixed.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

I've waited some time after my total hip replacement (10 months) because I wanted to ensure there were no late surprises. There weren't any. The surgery was a complete success and I am really amazed that I have no sensation that an artificial part has replaced my hip. I chose Dr. Stone specifically because of the information on this website as well as the advice of a relative who works peripherally with most of the orthopedic surgeons in Victoria. On a scale of 1 to 10 on skill and professionalism, Dr. Stone is a 10.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

Dr.Stone did a posterolateral reconstruction on my knee march 2014, which I was told is an uncommon procedure. He eased all my concerns & worries by answering all my questions. Whilehe was performing the operation he found another ligament that was damaged as well so he fixed it. I'm sure other surgeons would have left that for a later date to make more money. He has genuine concern for his patients. I did my physio at rebalance, he was walking by on his lunchbreak & took the time to come & see how things are going. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him or the rebalance group witbout hesitation.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

Dr Stone performed a TKR on me last year. It took a long time to get in to see him but I have no regrets that he performed the surgery. He is very professional, comes into the room informed of your condition and spends as much time as needed to answer all your questions. He is a highly skilled surgeon. After about 40 years.of knee injury and abuse, there was a lot of damage to.deal.with. With his help.and the help of the Saanich Peninsula rehab specialists, I was back golfing within 3 months. I would have no hesitation in recommending Dr. Stone to anyone needing knee surgery.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

Dr. Stone Replaced both knees one four years ago. left knee two weeks ago I am walking normally. if i ever need a hip Dr Stone will be doing it . Best surgeon in canada.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

I agree with all the positive comments below. Dr. Stone works out of Rebalance MD, a one stop shop for all Orthopaedic needs in Victoria. Dr. Stone replaced my left knee at the end of October. The prior office visit, the surgery and post op care (so far) have been great. The right knee is next. Hope all goes as well as this one seems to be going.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2013

Dr. James Edward Stone's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Stone is a rude and non caring doctor who worries about other things. He was always saying that he couldn't help me, and that there was nothing any doctor co..."

April 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had both knees replaced by Dr. Stone. His caring attitude was very reassuring before and after surgery. I highly recommend him especially for those that ..."

December 4, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I had an approximate 2 hour wait for my appointment. He tried to get a pain response from both of my knees, 1 was injured & 1 had no problems. Both hurt during ..."

October 29, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I've waited some time after my total hip replacement (10 months) because I wanted to ensure there were no late surprises. There weren't any. The surgery was a c..."

October 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Stone is amazing!!! Wonderful bedside manner, informative and great at what he does!"

October 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Stone did a posterolateral reconstruction on my knee march 2014, which I was told is an uncommon procedure. He eased all my concerns & worries by answering a..."

May 15, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Stone performed a TKR on me last year. It took a long time to get in to see him but I have no regrets that he performed the surgery. He is very professional,..."

January 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Initial office consultation very impressed with manner and information and non-rushed time spent with me."

November 28, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Stone Replaced both knees one four years ago. left knee two weeks ago I am walking normally. if i ever need a hip Dr Stone will be doing it . Best surgeon i..."

October 16, 2014