Ratings for Dr. James Edward Stone

I had a left ACL reconstruction by Dr. Stone in November 2014 and had a very positive experience. Dr. Stone was attentive, knowledgeable and thorough while maintaining a sense of humour and positivity that I really appreciated. I was quite nervous on the day of my surgery and he even came to see me right before I was wheeled into the operating room to reassure me that everything would be okay. My knee now feels great and I have since recommended him to friends that needed orthopaedic surgery.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

I broke my leg in 2010 and since then have had four surgeries. Dr. Stone literally put my lower leg back together. The follow up care I had from Dr. Stone and my GP was phenomenal and I have fully recovered from that fall after being in and out of a cast for almost 9 months. I have since had two knee surgeries and am on the mend and credit Dr. Stone for his positive demeanor, sense of humour and expertise. I am so grateful that Dr. Stone performed my surgery as I didn't realize the seriousness of the injury until much later.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Dr. Stone is very thorough and takes the time to answer your questions.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

I recently had a Total Hip Replacement done by Dr. Stone. I am quite young (48) and I have some other back issues so I wasn't a typical case. Dr. Stone always took the time to answer my (many) questions, never once looking at a clock or watch, actually listened to my concerns and symptoms, and helped devise a plan to allow for the best total outcome. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Stone and his staff at Rebalance!! He gave me back my mobility, my career and my enjoyment of life.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

I had my left knee totally replaced just over a week ago. Dr. Stone is very caring and willing to talk whenever he can. He has a great sense of humour and I know I am in great hands with him. I would not hesitate to refer him to anyone. My husband now has a referral for him as well. He is top notch in my books.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

Having had a total knee replacement with this doctor in November I would rate him 10 out of 10 on all aspects including his sense of humor. He let me know what my condition was and how it may improve A full replacement. The only thing I was unprepared for was the amount or level of pain postoperatively. 11 weeks in and I am doing much much better. Would not hesitate to refer this surgeonto any of my friends or family.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Dr. Stone gave me my life back. I was prepared to fight for my right to knee replacements ( I am on the young side for TKR and I needed two), Dr Stone agreed with me and stated what made sense, why trade my 50's for my 60's. I went from barely walking with a cane to chasing my dog and moving, quickly, up and down stairs. I have no pain. I have complete mobility. My scars are virtually invisible. Thankyou , thankyou, thankyou, you are my hero.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

I was in a multi fatality car accident and was brought to victoria for surgery. Dr stone ended up repairing a badly fractured pelvis, hip replacement and ankle surgery. My ability to walk in the future was in question but Dr. Stone did an incredible job. Very friendly on multiple follow ups after each surgery. Staff is great and James is caring and a great surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Dr.Stone is a rude and non caring doctor who worries about other things. He was always saying that he couldn't help me, and that there was nothing any doctor could do! When he finally agreed to do a surgery on me, it was very painful afterwards and I could barely walk. The stitches in my leg broke and my leg started bleeding. I went to a different doctor and rushed me into surgery because he found 4 cotton balls that were left from my previous surgery with Dr.Stone. In conclusion he was very rude, lacked personality, and was very unhelpful, and could have risked my leg if I hadn't gone to the other doctor. I would not under any circumstances recommend him.

Submitted April 5, 2016

I have had both knees replaced by Dr. Stone. His caring attitude was very reassuring before and after surgery. I highly recommend him especially for those that care not only about a great surgeon but a compassionate one as well.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015