Ratings for Dr. D. Glynn Bolitho

I interviewed several plastic surgeons after deciding I wanted a neck lift. I was afraid to have the whole face lift because I didn't want to LOOK like I had had one. All the other surgeons insisted on doing it all, saying I would not be happy with the results. Dr. Bolitho LISTENED to me, evaluated my face and neck and told me what to expect with the neck lift. I was satisfied, so chose to have him do it. I am ecstatic with the results!! I am only a few months out, but saw a neighbor I haven't seen in a while. He commented that I looked great, said it must be the new haircut, it was so youthful!! That's the kind of outcome I wanted!! The before and after care I have received from his staff is excellent as well. I could not be happier with my experience!!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

I found Dr Bolitho fortunately by browsing plastic, cosmetic doctors I had a consult with another surgeon and then went to see Dr Glynn I sensed immediately that he was the best choice for my upper eyelids and under eye bag removal He did the procedure and I am 1000 % satisfied with his professionalism,, expertise, staff and before and after care He is an amazing, exceptional surgeon and person.. He must be one of the top rated cosmetic surgeons in all of California. He certainly is in my opinion.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2015

I had a breast augmentation in 2006 and am thrilled with my results. I was unsure of what size to choose and left the decision up to Dr. Bolitho. With his expertise he chose the perfect size for my body shape and size and the results look natural. I returned to Dr. Bolitho for an abdominoplasty in 2010 and the results surpassed my expectations. I am so happy with my new body and the confidence it has given me. Thank you Dr. Bolitho.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

After having a breast reduction I was self-conscious about the scars and the size of them. Dr. Bolitho fixed them beautifully and now I feel amazing. I had a breast augmentation (with scar revision) and liposuction.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

Everything about my experience was excellent. Dr. Bolitho and his staff are professional, caring, and attentive. I will recommend you wholeheartedly. Thank you! Kara - Breast Augmentation

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

Dr. Bolitho and staff are competent, professional, innovative, reassuring, empathetic, and friendly. I would recommend Dr. Bolitho without hesitation.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2014

Great attention to detail and very pleased with outcome. Dr. Bolitho and staff went out of their way to be responsive in every way. Highly recommend Dr. Bolitho.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

"To give a five-star rating to Dr. Bolitho and his amazing staff isn’t enough because they deserve all the stars in the sky. The exceptional treatment I received began from the very first phone call I made to Dr. Bolitho’s office for a tummy tuck consultation. When I met Dr. Bolitho it was evident that he was a wonderful person who was highly professional and very compassionate. Dr. Bolitho and his remarkable staff made me feel as if I was their only patient. They gave me so much attention and spent time answering my questions which helped bring my anxiety level way down. There are not enough words to describe Dr. Bolitho. He’s a man who gave me back twenty years with my new, great look. I am now an incredibly confident woman; and, very enthusiastic in eating right and exercising because the results I see are outstanding. I highly recommend this doctor, as well as his staff, to anybody who wants to be as happy as I am. Thanks again Dr. Bolitho. Much love and God bless."- Natalie

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

I highly recommend this doctor as well as his staff. Every aspect of the procedure and recovery are covered during the visits and I felt informed and knew what to expect-not only professional but compassionate and caring as well. No one can believe how little scaring there was. Loved the photos of before, during and after the surgery. Looks very natural-nothing "plastic" about the results.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

Dr. Bolitho is an excellent plastic surgeon. I had breast reduction April 2011 and felt no pain throughout my recovery. I recommend and trust him 100%.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011

Dr. D. Glynn Bolitho's Credentials

Dr. Bolitho received his medical degree from the University of the Witwatersrand (cum laude) in 1986. He was awarded several prizes, including the prize for Surgery, and the final year student demonstrating the most clinical ability. He then completed surgical training over a twelve year period including residency at the University of Cape Town and Emory University in Atlanta for plastic surgery training. During this time he was awarded a PhD in organ transplantation research, a diploma in primary emergency care and numerous other awards for laboratory and clinical research. His clinical fellowships in hand and microsurgery, aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery, and surgical oncology prepared him for his current practice. In addition to aesthetic surgery, he maintains an active interest in breast reconstruction after mastectomy. He has made numerous contributions to textbooks and journals on plastic surgery in the fields of pediatric hand surgery, facial aesthetic surgery and tumor reconstruction. After completion of his training in plastic surgery at Emory University, he remained in university practice as Assistant Professor in the Division of Plastic Surgery at Emory University. After moving to San Diego, Dr. Bolitho was appointed to the faculty at University of California San Diego School of Medicine, where he is currently an associate professor (non-salaried) in Plastic Surgery. His hospital affiliations include Scripps Memorial La Jolla, Sharp Memorial, and Mary Birch Hospital. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, a member of the California Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, and a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic surgeons. He is quadruple board certified in plastic and reconstructive surgery in the United States, Britain, Canada and South Africa. Dr. Bolitho is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Bolitho is the current Chief of Plastic Surgery at Scripps Memorial Hospital, La Jolla. He was featured in San Diego Magazine’s “Top Doctor” annual issue for the consecutive years of 2012, 2013 and 2014. Dr. Bolitho was voted by his peers in conjunction with the San Diego County Medical Society. He was also selected to be part of the esteemed 2014 Castle Connolly Top Doctor List. Doctors From his La Jolla practice, Dr. Bolitho performs aesthetic, breast, hand and micro vascular surgery. He combines enthusiasm for his chosen field with a wealth of surgical training to deliver quality care to all his patients.

• Univ Of The Witwatersrand, Med Sch, Johannesburg, So Africa (Grad. 1986)
  • University of Cape Town (Grad. 1993)