Ratings for Dr. J. Fitton

To start with I suffer with bipolar. I was booked in to see Dr. Fitton as an emergency that morning, and I had never been to him before. I was in a bout of bad depression, and felt i needed something to calm down. I am 29, lived with bipolar for 15 years, and have got to know what I need and when I need it. So I asked him for a FEW lorazepam, I was expecting a prescription for about 5 or so. He then decided that it would be better for me to get diazepam, and to also prescribe me a box of I think 28. Then telling me "be careful, if you take them all you could die". Oh. My. God. He should be struck off, never in my life have I met a so-called "doctor" who has given me that advice. Steer well clear!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

Worst doctor I have ever encountered. He was rude, uninterested, presumptuous and definitely does not possess the people skills necessary to be a useful GP.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

I think he is just waiting for retirement and will not make a firm decision and stand by it. I am also aware that he is not a team player and constantly undermines he colleges. As a result of this I think he is letting him self down and more importantly his patients.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

Doesn't suffer fools or feckless. If you are genuinely ill he is an excellent doctor. If your after a sick cert or aiming for the car in pretend disability race than he will have no time for you. A proper and genuine doctor.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

Shows no interest in patient or condition, felt he wished he did not have to bother with patients

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

I could not ask for better- he listens and responds in a sympathetic manner- loyal and courteous. I would not consider going to another Doctor. He is a very patient and friendly person. He has looked after my health and wellbeing for a very long time now. A sincere 'thank you' for being there for me and my family for the last 32 years or so!

Submitted April 5, 2009

He did not want to listen, he contradicted things which I had been told by several specialists. He discontinued medication which had been prescribed by consultants over several years and which was necessary to keep the condition under control. He was very unsympathetic and had little understanding of my condition, yet disregarded what several experts had proved through numerous tests and investigations. Sadly there is no way of rating this GP lower than I have on this system.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2008

Unpleasant, unhelpful and very unkind. Had no understanding of my condition, indeed was unaware of its neuralogical involvement. Extremely frightening and upsetting since my condition's non-treatment would be life threatening. I believe that one's doctor should know more about one's condition that the patient.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2008