You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Sheri E. Spirt

Dr Spirt is thorough and knowledgeable. I suffer from severe depression and hadn't had relief, despite taking medication for years. Dr Spirt quickly had me sorted out and in as little as two months, I was feeling better than I had in years. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Dr. Spirt changed my life. I had been struggling with an issue that I did not even know was a real thing until I saw her. My own therapist that I had been seeing for a year recommended her. A huge weight lifted off my shoulder just from our first appointment. She is a true doctor, not a counselor. She is not there to spend hours listening to people cry and complain. She is a doctor who has incredible experience and knowledge. She is a New Yorker and does not waste time, which I loved and so appreciated. I needed someone to come up with a plan and be straight forward with me. I have been seeing her for over a year now and have never once felt that she only cared about money. The people who are complaining about her on these sites are embarrassing. A good doctor/therapist is not a hand-holder. Who complains about having a dog in the office? That is a LUXURY! I got so much more out of our 20 minute sessions than I ever did out of hour long therapy sessions with someone else (even though I could talk to Dr. Spirt all day and tell her everything because I love her!). I recommend her to anyone who can't dig themselves out of an emotional issue or can't see clearly. If you are ready to seriously deal with your issues then this is the person for you. Seeing her was the BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

Dr Spirt when my daughter gave her a credit card I thought she could use (care credit) she through it back at her yelling it declined. My daughter was frightened and did not want to return to her. I have personally met her and I am not impressed . She is unfriendly and unhelpful.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

Dr. Spirt helped me tremendously during a very difficult time in my life when I suffered from PTSD. Now I am productive and hopeful and raising my children as a healthy working mother. I highly recommend Dr. Spirt.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Dr spirt is an excellent doctor. She is extremely knowledgeable of the newest medications and how to treat patients with difficult disorders. She is very efficient in keeping up with your physical being also. She makes sure you get thyroid test and medicine levels regularly. Overall I would say she is one of the best psychiatrists in Manhattan. I highly recommend her

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

“Listen to me – I’m going to make you feel better.” This was the promise Dr. Spirt made to me on my first visit with her over three years ago. Underweight by almost 30 pounds, battling crippling anxiety and the depression that came with it, I came to her at my wit’s end. I had withdrawn from everyone I knew, I was terrified to leave my apartment, and I was very close to losing my job. I sat down across from her at our first meeting and tried to explain what was wrong, but all that came were tears. I must have cried uncontrollably for about 20 minutes straight until her dog came over and plopped down in my lap. “Dr.” Moshie is a certified therapy dog who seems to truly understand distress, as well as how to counter it. He was such a comfort to me that first day, and has continued to be so ever since. Dr. Spirt, after a thorough examination and evaluation, knew exactly how to proceed with me. I have found her to be meticulous with note-taking and attention to detail, confident in the decisions she makes, and, most importantly, she has always been correct with the treatments and adjustments she has prescribed for me. She is frank and straightforward, and is not afraid to ask difficult questions. She meticulously laid the groundwork for my recovery, and saw me through the darkest period of my life. I now have a sense of peace and happiness that I haven’t experienced since childhood. I couldn't be more grateful to have found Dr. Spirt and, of course, Dr. Moshie.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

Dr. Spirt should have her license taken away from her!! She is by far The Most Unprofessional doctor I have ever met. I totally agree with all the negative reviews that she has received! She is Rude, Condescending, Sloppy, Aggressive, and MONEY hungry! I've heard her scream at her poor assistant numerous times! She absolutely, has zero knowledge of her patients. Each time you see her, she needs to be reminded of your birthdate and the milligrams of each medication, that you take. It's too much trouble for her to look at her notes, or even take any. She is Pathetic!! I only stuck with her for about a year due to the fact that she takes insurance. But, realized it is absolutely Not Worth It!! I will Never see that horrible Psyco, again. She really needs to be looked into, by the medical board. Plus, she has a little barking dog in the office with her, with all of his toys and belongings thrown around, everywhere. It's actually a struggle to get through the front door, due to the baby carriage that she pushes that dog around in. It blocks the entry! This is an insane woman. ABSOLUTELY ... STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Stay away from this woman. All she cares about is money. I saw her for a number of years mostly because it was my first time in therapy and I was naive. I noticed she was a little all over the place, office was always a mess and hectic. Despite those things she led me to believe I could trust her with my health. Dr spirt completely abandoned me as a doctor at my most desperate time of need. I recieved news that my family member had cancer and I was distraught. When l ran to dr spirt for help her response was " life is for the living" and that my family members life span wouldn't be long. This visit with dr spirt was traumatizing. She is cold hearted and completely reckless in her profession. I left her office that day in hysterics. I called the office later that day due to a panic attack and spoke with her assistant. That was the last time I had any contact with dr spirts office. Dr spirt nor her assistant had the decency to check up on me the next day, after seeing her for years. Most disappointing and scarring experience I've ever had with a doctor. Unfortunately this is the brutal truth so just take my advice and stay far away.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

I saw Dr. Spirt for treatment of depression and anxiety for a number of years. It is true that she can have an edge. It is true that she is very particular about money. On the other hand, she takes insurance, which very few doctors of her caliber in the field of psychiatric medicine bother to do. Her older office, on the UWS, was clearly too small for her business, but she moved to a much more comfortable place on the UES. Her bedside manner was, well, not the best. But her ability to hone in on the problem and find exactly the right balance of medication for you is impressive. Also, she answers emails about med questions at almost any time of the day or night. So...she is brilliant as a psychopharmacologist and is not exactly warm and fuzzy. Still, she extended kindness to me on numerous occasions, when it was most needed. I stopped seeing her because I moved out of the city, but I refer friends to her because I know she gets the medicine right.

Submitted September 19, 2014

I love Dr. Spirt. I have been seeing her for two years and she has never cahrged me for anyting that was uneccessary. was very surprised to read other comments but then she is a psychiatrist dealing with disturbed, people. she has really helped others and I hope you will give her a chance a very satisfied patient

Submitted August 8, 2014

Dr. Sheri E. Spirt's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1985)

Banner Health
Harvard-Pilgrim
Oxford

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Spirt is thorough and knowledgeable. I suffer from severe depression and hadn't had relief, despite taking medication for years. Dr Spirt quickly had me s..."

January 12, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Spirt changed my life. I had been struggling with an issue that I did not even know was a real thing until I saw her. My own therapist that I had been see..."

November 5, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Spirt when my daughter gave her a credit card I thought she could use (care credit) she through it back at her yelling it declined. My daughter was frighten..."

September 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Spirt helped me tremendously during a very difficult time in my life when I suffered from PTSD. Now I am productive and hopeful and raising my children as a..."

August 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr spirt is an excellent doctor. She is extremely knowledgeable of the newest medications and how to treat patients with difficult disorders. She is very effic..."

August 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "“Listen to me – I’m going to make you feel better.” This was the promise Dr. Spirt made to me on my first visit with her over three years ago. Underweight..."

May 21, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Spirt should have her license taken away from her!! She is by far The Most Unprofessional doctor I have ever met. I totally agree with all the negative rev..."

February 12, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Stay away from this woman. All she cares about is money. I saw her for a number of years mostly because it was my first time in therapy and I was naive. I notic..."

October 16, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr Sheri Spirt is in need of her own medical attention. I have worked with her for years and she is nothing but an awful, vile and rather depressed individual. ..."

October 7, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Spirt for treatment of depression and anxiety for a number of years. It is true that she can have an edge. It is true that she is very particular abou..."

September 19, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Sheri" to "Sheri E."

October 20, 2013