Ratings for Dr. Karleen Swarztrauber

This Doctor should not be practicing medicine. I agree with most of the of the comments. She makes evaluations completely out of her field plus appears to be mentally unstable. Very odd woman. I have worked with the public for years and I have met my share.When she saw me and that I had eye make up on she assumed i had something wrong with me. She did not seen know why I was there and said "IME? to her receptionist, we have never done one of those have we?" I had to wait two months to see this gal and she was the worst Doctor I have ever been to in my life. I think she is Mentally ill ,I got in the car and told my daughter how odd she behaved and how she treated me very strange. My daughter said Oh mom she probably is just different than you and doesn't get you.Then I got my report and she mentioned my eye make up which for years I have worked with the public in high end places too, and have actually been complemented on how I put on my make up. She wore none so is clearly not able to relate to people very well afraid of anyone who may be different than herself which would probably be a lot of people, I have no facial body piercings,I do not underline my eyes with dark eyeliner, I use some on my upper eye lid as I am getting older that is it ! I do not wear low cut blouses.For crying out loud! What a WEIRD lady. I found her behavior strange and very demeaning. Do not waste your time and money on this gal I thought I had seen them all until her.By the way after I waited 2 months to see her My daughter was driving and we were almost there, the staff let all the other patients come in but me I had to wait another week to come to see her.So we had to drive all the way back home a half hour away. It was all not meant to be and another Doctor in the field she tried to diagnose had a completely different report on me as do all of my other Doctors. Stick to your profitable back shots lady or take up needle point you should not be practicing medicine there is something mentally wrong with you to be treating patients in your mind set is very disturbing, and I see here there are others who feel the same!I worry for countless others who she will hurt by bad treatment and false medical reports, when she needs professionally evaluated.Unbelievable...by the way the Doctor the true "specialist" you sent me to, said I just had multiple Concussions and Chronic pain. He did an 8 Hour brain assessment and nothing was said of my mental state other than pleasant lady very nicely attired and just needs cognitive retraining for the concussions.Shame on you to hurt people this way.Plus she did not know why I was there or what an IME was.Did she get her certificate in an online course?

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

Dr. Swarztrauber has been taking care of me for a year now. She is always professional and courteous. She is hard to get in to see and very busy and does run late sometimes. But I appreciate her approach to the whole patient and that she doesn't just throw drugs at you.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

It's validating to hear that others had the same bad experience with her. She is truly in need of professional mental health in my opinion.Her staff called me w/ results of another patient & even called in someone else's med's for me. When I told her about this she was indignant, but that was only after being the room w/ me for 10 minutes and thinking I was someone else and going over a med condition I didn't have (she had the WRONG chart!). All this happened after I had already seen her for 2 steroid injections, so you would think she would know who I was. After the Steroid injections, she gave me a prescription for a vicodin. She said she never did that but that the "ladies" at the injection just put slips in front of her to sign. REALLY? You don't know what you sign? After that, she called my Primary Care Doc & told him I was a drug seeker. I said If I had something to hide, why would I give you permission to talk to my PCP, pharmacy and even my mother! Whacko is an understatement.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

I am amazed at some of the comments. Over the years I have seen neurologists whom have misdiagnosed and sent me away without help. Dr. S. did needle conduction studies (not 6" needles). It is uncomfortable, but not unbearable. I am not on pain meds because allergice to everything. She had me check into a medical center for the spinal steroid injections, to avoid the pain. I now have a neurostimulator in my spine which has helped manage to crippling pain. I like her manner, her professionalism, and her caring attitude. I would recommend her before any of the others I have seen. I think the difference for me is that I didn't expect miracles, can't use drugs, and we created a partnership for my needs. Thanks you Dr. S.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

Lies & Consequences-Use this doctor at your own risk. I went in for neurological issues & doctor made correct diagnosis but also made several misdiagnoses totally outside her realm. She then caused me severe, excruciating pain during epidural steroid injection; pain that continues after two full years. To make things worse she added flagrant lies (yes, I said lies!) to my records that I can't get anyone to care enough to force their removal. Records stay with a person for life. Now I face higher insurance premiums because of her false statements, and may be refused totally in the future. I filed a complaint with Oregon Medical Board & all they do is protect the doctor. You can't sue a doctor unless another Dr will testify that there was negligence (fat chance). She exhibits bizarre behavior if you don't agree with her, to the point of shrieking at you. All I can do is post reviews & make references on Facebook. In my opinion she is very unprofessional for a Dr.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2012

Would not schedule appointment, because of the Dr. cannot interpet another Drs. notes.Very poor communication is the main problem.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

I found the doctor to be very reasonable, personable and down to earth. I was very pleased with my level of care from doctor S and her nurse Denise.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2012

We met this doctor a few months ago and were to see here again but wont. On our 1st visit she says the information I was giving was wrong. She then asks that I go give blood for some tests and that she wants to stick needles into my legs for a test which I hate needles but agree and she says I will give you something to so it won’t so the day of the appointment they call an say come in early so we can start early I said I have a 1 o’clock appoint with my main doctor so say get to her office as soon as I can and I asked about them giving me the medication and they said there’s nothing in my file about that. When we went to give my blood for testing we found out she had ordered a mess of other test she never told us about and one of the tests was to find out if I’m diabetic which we already told her I was so the lab refused the test. Because of me pain has been so bad my main doctor has me on pain meds and this doctor doesn’t like it and said she didn’t care. DON’T SEE THIS DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2011

Poor excuse for a doctor who is supposed to help people who are at a crisis point in their lives. She is impatient, unstable, yells and is cruel. Does not listen, and thinks that the only opinion that counts is her own. Even when that opinion is based on no evidence and against other doctor's opinions. If you want a doctor who has a personality disorder, and will scream at you... look no further.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

Dr. Karleen Swarztrauber's Credentials

• Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1991)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal