Ratings for Dr. G. Arun Kumar

Wouldn't recommend AT ALL...... even my pharmacist said they were rude over the phone when trying to clarify prescription....

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Ditto, the office staff is horrible. I have been trying to work with them for 2 months for 2 tests that Medicare will not pay. I fax them the necessary papers, call and ask if they received them, they say yes nothing for another 3 weeks, call back and they can't find the fax, so nothing has been done. My bill from the lab is going to a collection agency soon, and I have never had a collection agency on my heels. Will never go back.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

My elderly mother was referred to Dr. Kumar by her PCP when she began experiencing memory problems. On the initial visit, we had a little wait of maybe 30-40 minutes but I did not feel it was outrageous. I have been stuck in the waiting room at my own doctor and dentist for upwards of 3-4 hours, so maybe I just have been conditioned to expect a longer wait. I did not find Dr. Kumar to be at all rude or dismissive of my mother. He asked specific questions to determine the depth of her memory issues and then ordered the appropriate tests. The entire time he spoke directly to my mother, only changing his focus to me when asking me what my observations of her memory issues were. On the follow-up visit, we did not have a long wait at all. Dr. Kumar went over the results of the tests and provided a thorough and understandable explanation of the diagnosis. He held my mother's hand and looked directly at her as he gave her news she did not want to hear. I really have no complaints about Dr. Kumar's treatment of my mother and trust his opinion. We have scheduled an appointment with another neurologist for a second opinion, just out of due diligence, but knowing first hand the symptoms I have seen with my mother, I do not imagine the second opinion is going to contradict Dr. Kumar's findings.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

do not recommend this office to anyone. Do yourself a favor find another doctor

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

I had to wait for over one hour late for my appointment. Charged me $530 for consultation that lasted less than 15 minutes and I only got one question in as he charged down the hall to write a prescription declaring our appointment done. The prescription would interact badly with what I already take and I'd likely be dead is not for my pharmacist. I did notice a yellow sticky note on the door listing my name and why I was there so I guess he did not need to look at my chart. He was very dismissive.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2015

I also found the staff less than helpful sometimes, but I appreciated Dr. Kumar taking the time to draw a diagram of what he was telling us and spending time listening to me. He even sat down and listened to what my concerns were. Have no problems with returning. Staff may be overworked and that may be the problem. Could hire more?

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

As a patient, I caught one of the office staff roll her eyes and smile at another staff member when they thought I wasn't looking... It was very clear they were making a joke out of me.... Another time a another staff member reeked of cigarettes when taking my blood pressure...if you want to smell cigarettes and be made fun of, this is the perfect place to come.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

Rude staff. They act like they don't want to be there. Doctor has no bedside manner. Was rushing out after given a very "life-changing" result. No further recommendations were given.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

Dr kumar has to have the worst bedside manner I have ever seen of any doctor. Front office staff doesn't seem to be of much help either. Having a stroke under his care was very challenging. Do your research when having him as a doctor to question his treatment if needed. I've heard before he is a good doctor, but good doctors listen to patients to be able to properly diagnose.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

He isn't a bad person, but he is not kind. His patients are treated like things that make him money. I've had quite a few appointments with Dr Kumar and his game plan is that if there are any signs or symptoms that the medication gives you any side effects he throws you on the next thing on his list, and everyone knows switching medications that frequently is not fun at all. He isn't my favorite doctor, but he isn't the absolute worst doctor I've ever seen, I've seen a lot.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015