Ratings for Dr. Edward J. Devin

Dr. Devin was a great doctor, due to health issues getting worse and worse over the years he had to retire. But he was one of the best.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

Dr.devin should retire now. He is unproffessional and does not want to do his job. He counts on medical students to see his patience while he is hidding in his office chatting on the phone. I had been with him few years but he does not even know I am his patient. He is rude and unfriendly and can not diagnose you correctly. Forget about confidentiality in this office and you always wait more than an hour to see a medical college students. Leave this office because there are plenty of good doctors in Germantown area. I am glad I left this clueless doctor.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2012

Went in for an STD test. In addition to the standard tests, they also ordered the unreliable HSV I/II IgM combination test. This test ended up giving me a false positive result so I had to get retested months later. Upon retesting, everything showed up fine as expected. So two co-pays and three months of worrying later, I finally got peace of mind. There is even a note on the results sheet stating that this test should be used for research purposes only and not for official diagnosis. Even worse, before taking my second test, I was told that I had tested positive for "herpes." Needless to say, I question their methods and did not like the way Dr. Lee talked to me. He even said, "I'm not sure what happened...." I told him that I knew what happened: "the test is crap!" I will be changing doctors.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

Dr. Devin has been in practice in Germantown for a long time. I have seen him since my mid-20s. He has always had medical and nursing students in his office which I like. I think it is a sign of the confidence universities and colleges have in him and his office. The office always "works me in" when I have a problem. I like this doctor and think he is great!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Devin's since he was in his smaller practice in Germantown. Most office visits were for physicals. For most medical issues he referred me to a specialist. This week was the first time I went to Dr. Devin for an illness that required him to treat me himself. I had an infection that required an simple antibiotic, but instead of providing me with a prescription, he insisted I was dehydrated. I knew this was not the case because I had been pumping fluids all week to try to stave off infection. Worse, he never even talked to me---instead it was a student. I am thinking he must be given some sort of incentive from an insurance company or otherwise to limit the numbet of prescriptions he writes. Why else would he do that? Instead he let me suffer with the discomfort of the infection. His office is fine for routine physicals, but don't go there if you truly have a medical issue. Also, be proactive with your care! You know your body better than anyone else.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

Haven't seen Dr. Devin, Dr. G was very good doctor but left the practice, so I did too. But by the looks of the reviews, comments and just by observations when I saw Dr. Devin throughout the office when I did have appointments with Dr. G, NO THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

He is negligent. Needs to be investigated/stopped from practicing medicine.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

My husband went in for a physical and showed him a lump under his arm. Devin said that is a fatty tumor. Four months later by chance we found out he had Lympotha cancer of the Lympth nodes. It was not a fatty tumor but in fact cancer. Thanks GOD we found this out now because he can be saved. He has had three Chemo treatments. No thanks to Devin to even have suggested looking into the tumor. He is a worthless doctor who cares nothing about his Patients. Stay clear of him if you want to be taken care of the way you should be from a good doctor.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

This so called Doctor is a dangerous idiot. He nearly killed me. I had a ruptured appendix and was forced to wait an entire day in his waiting room in excruciating pain before I was finally seen. When I did see Dr Devin, he told me: “One thing for sure, it’s not your appendix!!!!” What an idiot! He missed diagnosed my burst appendix because it had burst and the pain was not local it spread. If I did not go directly to another doctor for a second opinion I would now be dead. This doctor sent me directly to the emergency room. I ended up in intensive care for 11 days. I was very near death when I entered the hospital. Believe me there are good reasons that he is rated one star. His license should be revoked! I can’t imagine why he is allowed to practice medicine?

flag | Submitted December 20, 2010

Office staff puts you on hold when you call and forgets about you.Appointments are always behind. Has had at least 3 associates join and then leave the pratice in recent years. Office never calls with lab results. You have to call them. I finally decided to leave this practice and I was charged $63.00 for my records. There is no sign in their office that this is their policy nor was I ever given anything in writing.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2010

Dr. Edward J. Devin's Credentials

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med, Washington Dc 20007 (Grad. 1979)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Germantown, MD