Ratings for Dr. Edward J. Kryshak

If I could rate at less than 1 star, I would. I was referred to Kryshak by my GP due to a nodule on my parathyroid along with bone, joint, muscle pain, ect. and additional thyroid issues. GP wanted the nodule removed or, at the very least biopsied. He spent 1 minute or less talking TO me, telling me the nodule was nothing since it was only the size of a BB, (according to the scan, it is much larger than a BB and larger than the parathyroid gland), then told me that I am being over treated for my hypothyroidism, with out asking me how my thyroid issues are doing on the new thyroid meds my GP prescribed. Next he told me the pain I have is due to something else, not the nodule on my parathyroid gland. He turned his back to my husband and I, and spent about 10-15 minutes typing on his computer. Next he turned, felt my neck, checked reflexes and told me he ordered blood work and would follow up with me after the results came in. None of the blood work ordered will check the calcium or PTH levels, which is pretty standard protocol for tumor/nodule on a parathyroid gland. After trying to talk WITH him and being largely ignored, I didn't bother to tell him that I would like calcium and PTH levels checked because it was very obvious he was not interested in my thoughts or opinions concerning my health. He is one of those doctors who relies solely on lab values and thinks everyone is the same and has the attitude that his one size fits all approach to medicine is best. He is not a Health Care provider. He is literally PRACTICING medicine, not Health Care. He reads lab values , doesn't listen to the persons symptoms and relies on "normal ranges" to decide what he wants to do with you . And to make it worse, he is not up to date on current Health Care practices/protocols. My husband and I missed 1/2 a days work to sit in an office and watch him treat me like an experiment or a reference number.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Wow....i should have visited the web sooner and save time, energy and prevent the stress by going to dr. Kryshek. He is arrogant, has big ego, rude, ignorant to what patient has to say, talk down to the patient. In the perfect world, doctor would, based on patients feedback and dr. expertise order labs, and then explain and interper those to the patient, help them undestrand wjat is happening and suggest to the patient how to move forward. Patient would decide, based on the information, how to proceed. When i started asking questions (because he never explained the results to me) he was short and vague with hus answers. When i insisted on full panel blood work and expressed interest for armor thyroid, he told me that i dont have MD in my signature. Needless to say, i fired him. Perhaps full panel bloodwork was too intimidating to him because he has no skills to explain them. Avoid him at all cost. Also, i can see a trend with PA taking over his appts. Right before i was scheduled to see him for 3 month follow up, letter came in the mail to onform me that they rescheduled my appt with dr. Kryshek and i was going to see Tamara (his PA) Glad i pulled plug before they waisted more of my time and money.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Extremely narrow minded and not willing to look at things from a different perspective. His PA was downright rude to me.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

The first appointment I was charged $225 for 30 minutes in which what he told me could have been summarized in a one paragraph e-mail. He seemed kind of cold and did not show a lot of sympathy with my concerns. This was the last time I saw him. After that I was left to the care of his PA who simply made excuses and argued when I told her the treatment wasn't helping me at all. I made one more appointment and that was the end of it. I could see I was getting nowhere with my problem with this doctor. I would highly recommend looking elsewhere for an endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

I should have read the reviews before I went to this guy. My problem was different. In a nut shell I was five minutes late for my appointment and they cancelled me because HE was so far behind. First they told me I was rescheduled with his PA and then an assistant came out and told me I had appointment with anyone and would have to wait several hours to be seen. They also falsified my arrival time to suit they're needs. I can read my own lab work, thank you very kindly. This guy is a quack.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

He is vicious; he is not fit to practice at Pine Rest; he charges $300.00 for initial visit; he is surrounded by a bunch of harem (chicks-Medical Assistants who wil not know v from a hole in the ground!) He is good for making money for the Pack Men on the Hill-Spectrum Empire! The Corporation does not care for patient; it is money,money and more money, always and always.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

He does not help, all he does is goes based on what's on his computer screen. If you are on ndt for ur thyroid, avoid at all costs. They will not help you here!! He doesn't listen to my symptoms or even care. Avoid avoid avoid!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

do not go to him if you are on ndt for your thyroid. he does no know how to treat people and will actually make you sicker and not care.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Along with all of the other reviews, Dr. Kryshak does not listen to his patients, just lab results. I expressed concern over serious reactions to medication he prescribed only to be blown off multiple times by staff members who have no idea what they are talking about. To keep this short, find yourself a new Endocrinologist to see as soon as possible, and save yourself the three months it takes to see him. He is one of the few who give doctors a bad name.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

As per other reviewer's comments, I am extremely disappointed in the care I have received from this physician. He appears focused solely upon lab results and quickly dismisses other physical findings and symptoms. In the 2.5 years under his care, my energy levels have continued to decrease. In an attempt to lose weight (15 pounds over my ideal) it was recommended to cut calories to 800/day and exercise more even though I do not have the energy to go longer than 45 minutes per bout. I frequently had my concerns dismissed, was told that humans don't really need carbs to survive, provided information on a couple of books that would give me more information to help manage my diabetes. However, when confronted with the information from the books he cited that conflicted directly with the information he told me earlier, he said to ignore the books, because they are wrong. He provides little to no insight or guidance to assist me. I gave him 2.5 years to see if he could help. I am no better today then when I started with him, just more frustrated. Am currently looking for new provider and do not plan on returning to that practice.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Dr. Edward J. Kryshak's Credentials

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1982)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal