Ratings for Dr. Philip Rosenthal

I was seeing Dr. Rosenthal over a period of two years. Although otherwise in very good health, I suffered a severe spinal trauma in my late twenties approximately 13 years prior to seeing Dr. Rosenthal. My injuries initially included three bulged or herniated discs, two of which ruptured about 10 years later L3 to L5. I was referred to Dr. Rosenthal after several steroid epidurals. Dr. Rosenthal was very conservative and explained that I was otherwise very healthy and that there is a certain amount of risk and there are a good percentage of surgery patients who do not have a good recovery. Over the course of 2 years, Dr. Rosenthal saw me about every six months and ordered MRIs to examine the progress of my deteriorating situation. My L3 developed a spur on the left pedicle and began to engage sciatic nerves between L3 & L4. This created a severe level of pain. When Dr. Rosenthal ran my last MRI, he said it was necessary now for me to have surgery and it was scheduled for the following morning. Dr. Rosenthal performed a Micro Lumbar Discectomy on my L3 / L4 levels and removed the bone spur from my left pedicle of the L3 vertebrae. I had a full recovery and woke from surgery without pain for the first time in over a decade. Needless to say, I provided a positive reference for Dr. Rosenthal to all my family and friends and he helped three people, one family member and two friends with excellent results. Dr. Rosenthal is a "Matter-Of-Fact" Professional that may come across as abrasive or disconcerned because he is a realist and very conservative. He will not rush to give you premature surgery, nor will he be quick to prescribe heavy pain medications. This man saved my life and improved the quality of life for me by 100%. I am very thankful for his service and I would highly recommend him for anyone who has a serious problem and wants a straight forward resolution.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

They just collect ur $$ 1st then leave u in a room and then offer surgery for I guess whatever he does best?? Wasn't the part I needed surgery on? Maybe he should've done his homework(more investigating) It was a complete waste of my time & money. p.s. I think he likes surgery on the lumbar??

flag | Submitted August 17, 2009

Front desk upset paperwork wasn't finished. They had check my co-pay and collect $ up front. (like cattle) Nurse treated me like I had taken her personal time. Wanted to go to bathroom, but he was suppose to be right in, which did not happen for another 15 minutes. Dr then stated my mri reports from 2 different radiology offices were Quote "Over-exagerated"! Not to mention that he wasn't familiar with thoracic nerves? Then wanted to send me for another mri & another test? Office is in nashville and shows same musician on tv, over and over again.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2009

Doctor totally incompact and nurse was a complete bully. He screwed up my back, with numerous infections and refused pain control with no basis to do so. Please do not go to him. Lawyer said I had a good case but I really didn’t want him in my life anymore, he is that upsetting to deal with.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

nurse was horible and acused me of having been there before and turned away because i didnt bring paperwork and i have never been there before. she was just rude! doctor seemed liked he was just moving cattle threw his office. no help whatsoever!!!!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2008

Dr. Philip Rosenthal's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1983)

• Aetna - Choice Pos Ii