Ratings for Dr. William J. Somers

I highly recommend Dr. Somers. He and his staff were very professional. Wait times were less than 5 minutes. Everyone from the front desk to the assistant nurse to Dr. Somers were friendly and helpful. My vasectomy was performed in a way that made me feel confident and comfortable. Dr. Somers took the time to personally call me after the procedure to check on me. I was impressed with the entire process and would recommend him for any medical needs.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

It is my recommendation that you do not go to this man for a vasectomy reversal. It is too delicate and detailed a surgery. Go to a microsurgery fellowship trained surgeon who specializes in vas reversals. Additionally, Somers' entire staff are rude and horrible to deal with.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

My husband was sent by our fertility doctor. We have been trying a little over 2 years to conceive. My husband does not have insurance coverage at this time. Dr. Sommers recommended a ultrasound and blood work. We asked if we could just start with the blood work since we have to pay completely out of pocket. He response was "do you know how much diapers cost?" Very inconsiderate and rude. After the blood work came back, a office staff person called back and said it was normal. Dr Sommers recommended clomid but wanted us to come in to discuss. We asked why because we never had to come back in to discuss a medication that was being prescribed and ask the staff if they could ask if we could have it called in.. they never returned our call and finally got a hold of someone and Dr. Sommers got on the phone and they refuse to call it in because it's not FDA approved for men. I understood that but his tone and attitude we're enough for us not to go back.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

We tried to schedule an appointment. Left two messages and no one has returned the call. Had heard great things about this doctor. I guess we will never know as we found someone who would actually schedule an appointment.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2013

Dr. Somers told us he cannot do biopsy because of Ultrasound reports that shows a very mild chance of cancer. He advised us that he has to do a very invasive surgery, might have to remove the testicle -- this news was left on my answering machine by one of his staff, can u believe it? I think he was just trying to rush me under the knife and fill his coffers. Staff is really unprofessional and without any feelings, not even sure if they are from this planet! Went to Cleveland Clinic for second opinion and procedure wasn’t that invasive, got plenty of sperms and couldn’t be happier with our decision to go to Cleveland Clinic, only an hour 45 minutes away! Our lives could’ve have been very different if we stayed under Dr. Somers.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

We went to him for infertility reasons. I felt like he was rushing us through the appointment. I didn't get a warm, friendly feeling from him. He had my husband get a testicular ultrasound. When the staff called to tell us the results, all we were told is that his testicles are on the small side. Not helpful at all, not to mention confidence damaging, and didn't say anything about what to do now. He was pushing his line of vitamins on us. We were forced to pay the entire $155 consult fee up front, then we got a reimbursement check in the mail after our insurance paid them. I've never had a doctor that did that before, and I thought it showed a lack of class.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

We had a very bad experience with this doctor. I would not recommend him. My husband and I are trying to get pregnant for the second time and are having issues as my husband's hormone levels are low. Dr. Williams goofed up on my husband's test results. He called us to inform us that his hormone levels are really high after starting him on medication. Two weeks later, we get a call from the same doctor saying that there was no improvement in his hormone levels and that he is going to start him on new medication. When we called his office, one of his staff member asked what the issue was but the doctor never bothered to apologize or offer an explanation. This shows how irresponsible person he is. Nobody ever answers a call, we always have to leave a message and hope that someone returns our calls.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2010

I went to Dr. Somers for a vasectomy. I liked him a lot and would definitely recommend him to a friend. I thought that he was very friendly and knowledgeable. He was able to answer all of my questions and also made a follow up call to me the day after the surgery to check in on me. I had not expected this and was pleasantly surprised.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2010

Lo mas importante es el conocimiento medico.Lo demas som tomterias...El sacrificio es parte de la curacion.En USA todos esperan milagros y protestan de todo...Como si el Doctor no fuera una persona humana como todos nopsotros.Su diagnostico siempre es bueno. Lo vi en OSU ya hace muchos muchos agnos y lo sigo viendo.Es una vebtaja que este Doctor incluso hable la lengua hispana en forma perfecta lo cual le ayudo en encontrar los problemas de mi emfermedad.Hoy dia estoy casi curado y sigo controlandome lo cual es importante en esta vida.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2008

Terrible Doctor. Bedside manner was beyond anything I have ever seen before. He wanted to perform an unneeded surgery. I went for 2 second opinions and both doctors agreed that Somers was completely jumping the gun. When I questioned his recommended treatment, I was made to feel as if I were a complete idiot, and given a very short answer. Do not go to this man if you value your health. I can't say enough bad things.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

Dr. William J. Somers's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1979)

Oxford