You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Jeremy D. Gilbert

And the search for an endocrinologist continues. He is focused on quick fixes and does not look at the bigger picture of what is happening. Im not sure why he would do this, but he blatantly lied about there being no side effects to the medication he prescribed. I knew this was not possible, as everything has potential side effects. Despite me asking more questions about it and how it would affect my other existing condition, he was patronizing and dismissive. Although he recognized there was something else going on with me, he continued to fixate on the numbers in the blood work only. It's unfortunate that this is a typical experience with most endocrinologists.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Up date ~ my new endocrinologist and cardiologist are fantastic ~ both watched the programs I asked them to watch. One is done by Fifth Estate ~ 'The Secrets of Sugar' and we all now follow Dr. Robert Lustig & Dr. Sarah Hallberg from California ~ Also see the: "My 600 lb life SO4E09 Terethas Story" on youtube with Dr. Nowzaraden in Houston, Texas. The worst thing you can give a person with a metabolic syndrome (which includes diabetes) is insulin ~ just watch Dr. Sarah Hallberg on youtube she explains it all about reversing diabetes ~ she is an obesity doctor. And no I have not touched insulin ever, lost 60 lbs so far in 9 months and have reversed the Type 2 Diabetes. Meantime watch Dr. Robert Lustig (pediatric endocrinologist from California) who will explain why we are all having problems with diabetes ~ it is the food we now eat. Watch them, it change my life for the better. I am using an endocrinologist at Centennary Hospital and my Cardiologist is from Corecare based at Centennary Hospital as well, in case you wanted to know. Hate to put anyone down, but Jeremy needs to get up to speed on this ~ he wanted me to go on insulin and glad I never did. My sugars pre-meal are now 4 - 5 and post meal 5- 8 ~ but I still have about 150 lbs to lose in total and that will bring them down further. Can't hurt to watch it. Glad I left Jeremy as he said he wanted to put me insulin and losing weight he told me would not be of benefit ~~ never ever had a doctor tell me this. Not only did I do my research, but found a team that is on the same page as I am now.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

I've experienced Dr. Gilbert the wonderful and Dr. Gilbert the not so great. It depends on the day and the circumstances. Sometimes he listens and involves you in developing a treatment plan and other times he doesn't seem to have time for you. Very knowledgable but highly unpredictable.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Needs to learn a bit about Dr. Hunter Doherty "Patch" Adams ~ yes Robin Williams played him in the movie "Patch Adams". I rarely saw Dr, Gilbert, because he left me with students and just finally came down on me saying the next time he was going to see me, he was putting me on insulin and I should come to terms that I was diabetic for life (type 2). But I had a suspicion that I have a Metabolic condition, we now know was what probably killed my father at 50 years old. Moved to another endocrinologist at the Centennary and what amazing results I have had with him ~ lost 55 lbs so far and 'reversed' my diabetes just like the TV show called "World's Greatest Loser." My beta cells in my pancreas were not shot or dead, and I did not ever take any insulin or metformin with my new endocrinologist ~ was put on Mint-Gliclazide MR and that did the trick while I used the Dr. Poon Diet who is also is covered by OHIP. So it feels so good to be in better and know I was correct and my new endocrinologist went through a check list they never did at this office ~ and he said "this is so simple, you have a metabolic syndrome" and started me off on two medications and one I have come off of already. Also the parking fees are awful like I don't want to take out shares in the hospital, just visit there, but no longer, I go nearer to home and don't pay as much seeing my new terrific doctor. Watch Patch Adams and learn to listen a bit more that is half the healing process.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Dr Gilbert. He's excellent . He help me lot to bring suger down. I'll keep him for ever. He solves prob v easy. He's wonderful & his staff. God maybe bless, gd health. I'm always out from his clicking with in 15-30 min. That's great.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

stay away. poor knowledge, not helpful at all. Does not listen, does not care

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

I just read through some of these reviews and I can't help but wonder who it was that these people saw. I've been seeing Dr. Gilbert and the SUNDEC team (nurses, dieticians) every 3 months for about 8 years. Dr. Gilbert's approach is completely refreshing: he and his team first educated me and then, when I could display a solid understanding of my disease, they moved to a cooperative approach that is both reasonable and effective. I am healthier today in my 40s than I was 20 years ago. To add to this: the few times that I have experienced a medical emergency or had an urgent need; he was there for me within hours. Either he himself, or someone from his team, even followed up with after-hours/weekend telephone calls and emails just to check in and make sure I was recovering well. Remember, the relationship you have with your doctor is just like any other relationship. A successful one takes time and effort and that isn't going to come from just one visit and your doctor isn't solely responsible for the outcome. If you truly want to take better care of yourself – this is the doctor that can help you do that! (PS: Kudos also to Leigh, Marsha, Corrie and Helene).

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr. Gilbert was recommended to me by my family doctor about 4 years ago. Ever since then, I have found him to be very conscientious in dealing with my medical condition. He is very thorough in his work and takes the time to explain all pertinent details. His expertise in his profession provided me with the tools to manage my diabetes. I highly recommend Dr. Gilbert and his staff for their sensitivity to their patients.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Dr. Gilbert is a highly professional, competent and knowledgeable endocrinologist. He is very responsive to my needs and through his help has brought me back to a state of good diabetic health. He responds quickly to any questions I have usually within hours. He is kind, compassionate and extremely patient and understanding. I have read some of the negative reviews written here about him and can only say that the reviews were either written by patients who did not like to hear what he had to say or thought they knew better. I would have no problem whatsoever highly recommending Dr. Gilbert or his staff.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Dr. Jeremy D. Gilbert's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 2002)

Updates

• A new 3-star rating has been posted. "And the search for an endocrinologist continues. He is focused on quick fixes and does not look at the bigger picture of what is happening. Im not sure why he..."

March 29, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Up date ~ my new endocrinologist and cardiologist are fantastic ~ both watched the programs I asked them to watch. One is done by Fifth Estate ~ 'The Secrets o..."

March 13, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I've experienced Dr. Gilbert the wonderful and Dr. Gilbert the not so great. It depends on the day and the circumstances. Sometimes he listens and involves yo..."

February 25, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Needs to learn a bit about Dr. Hunter Doherty "Patch" Adams ~ yes Robin Williams played him in the movie "Patch Adams". I rarely saw Dr, Gilbert, because he l..."

February 18, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Gilbert. He's excellent . He help me lot to bring suger down. I'll keep him for ever. He solves prob v easy. He's wonderful & his staff. God maybe bless, gd ..."

January 14, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "stay away. poor knowledge, not helpful at all. Does not listen, does not care"

August 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very good right to the point which I like . Been seeing him for the last 3 to 4 yrs "

July 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I just read through some of these reviews and I can't help but wonder who it was that these people saw. I've been seeing Dr. Gilbert and the SUNDEC team (nurses..."

June 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gilbert was recommended to me by my family doctor about 4 years ago. Ever since then, I have found him to be very conscientious in dealing with my medical ..."

April 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gilbert is a highly professional, competent and knowledgeable endocrinologist. He is very responsive to my needs and through his help has brought me back t..."

April 27, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "It is a similar experience to a couple others. Dr. Gilbert very little time with me, yet was quick to make a prognosis about my thyroid without asking about wh..."

April 19, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Very unsupportive doctor, will only work with you under his own terms, he uses transferance by speculating my behavior and predicting what I will do in the futu..."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a 47 yo Type 1 Diabetic. After years and years of experiencing huge variations in blood sugar that caused two hospitalizations with Keto-Acidosis and numer..."

December 17, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Gilbert is a excellent doctor and one that I would highly recommend to my family and friends. He seemed to have all the time in the world for me even though ..."

October 5, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Jeremy" to "Jeremy D."

August 26, 2013