Ratings for Dr. Alan R. Malouf

I took my 8 year old daughter to Malouf for her eye checkup. It was a horrible experience. For one, the wait was too long. Secondly, the doctor was extremely rude and curt to say the least. He practically yelled at me for consoling my nervous child. Malouf has horrible bed side manners and clearly doesn't value or respect his patients.. If it weren't for my daughter I would have walked out and demanded a refund. After the appointment she told me that we should have left - that's from a child. We will never go back to this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr. Malouf has been my doctor for about 15 years now.....I've never had a bad visit....I will admit, he does seem to have more patients these days so my exams "seem" shorter than before. But overall, I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Promised great results!!! Every visit which in my case was six. No matter the day of the week or time slot I always saw the same patients from my day of surgery. They all commented to me the same experience. I was having a 30 to 45 sec visit. Dr. response, I like what I see and never anything more. Forget asking questions or your concerns, come back and see me a week or two. I guess that must means the rest of your life. My current eye site was much more worse than from the start. I found a new eye specialize and he was able to address the issues having to go under surgery once again.Bongo thank God. I recommend to everyone take you time and not go by any recommendations by whoever for this eye doctor. Please look at the other client reviews. You will see they are mostly the as mine. Stay clear of this money sucker!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

Had to wait an hour and a half to be seen. Then the doctor only spent two minutes taking to me. I felt like I was on an assembly line. He has no bedside manner whatsoever and all of his staff are rude, mean and curt!!! Felt like I was in the military. Also, like someone mentioned earlier. I had to fill out four pages of forms because it was a little over a year since I was there. (All of my info was the same). His brother is also an eye doctor, but at least he is nicer. Good riddance!!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2013

As a new patient, I was expecting a regular old eye exam but the staff and doctor when out of their way to see that all my needs/concerns were met. It was worth every penny! I wonder if the people who post things on here have ever worked in a doctors office or customer service for that matter!!!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2012

Was extremely rushed, not able to ask pertinent questions. Questions that I did ask were treated as ridiculous. He was extremely rude and short tempered because I was nervous about the exam, I've never had my eyes touched or paper stuck in them, to get photos taken. Anyway, suffice it to say ill never return to him, I will be seeing his father though.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

Called today (12/8)to make an appt for an eye exam later this month, was told I would have to wait until February... Good thing they are not 911 responders. The customer service was horrible!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

Never got to see the doctor today because the paper-work/office manager thought I had a bad attitude when I didn't have all the forms I filled out last year re-filled out again, with the identical info. Then she kicked me out!!!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

Over booked appointment. I had a 2:30 appt and did not leave until 4:30. Most of the time was spent waiting. Dr Alan Malouf is good thought and I do trust him. He has recommeded cataract surgery for me but I do not like the hospital he uses.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2009

I took my son to this dr. several years ago. He told me that my son had what appeared to be a growth and I should take him to a neurosurgeon. I was scared to death, obviously. He said, he recommended a certain dr...obviously, a friend. I told him that I was married to a physician, and I already had someone in mind. When I told him that...his mouth dropped. You could see, he became very nervous and began to smooth over his initial diagnosis. He ask me who I wanted to take him to. I told him, and he immediately got on the phone with that physician, and acted as though he was recommending him to me. When this physician examined him...he said that there was nothing wrong with him...that he didn't see any thing, and didn't know what Dr. Malouf was talking about. This situation made me question this dr's ethics.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2008

Dr. Alan R. Malouf's Credentials

• Univ Of Md Sch Of Med, Baltimore Md 21201 (Grad. 1985)

Top Hospitals in Lanham, MD