Ratings for Dr. Mark J. Goldstein

Dr. Goldstein is arrogant and impersonal. He was not willing to explain his medical reasoning for prescribed treatment other than 'this is what we do', or to provide alternative options. When questioned about possible alternative treatment options, he became extremely defensive and quite obstinate. The office space I visited belongs to a rheumatologist and his medical practice appeared low budget while he stretches out exams to maximize income. At initial office visit I was told I had to return for a biopsy which took less than two minutes to perform. I had to return for a third office visit for a full body scan which was performed in about two minutes (seemed superficial at best). Ultimately had two basal cell carcinomas surgically removed at Yale after both were pointed out by me and not identified through Dr. Goldstein's exams. Follow-up appointments were of limited value and scheduled at four month intervals while he searched for more problems to resolve. It became obvious it was time for me to move on. If you want to be a part of your treatment, and not spend a ton of money on excessive 5 minute exams, look elsewhere for a dermatologist.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

This physician is arrogant and treats his staff and patients in a condescending manner. My mother was terminally ill and I had to interrupt my care with him (for acne). He scolded me and told me he can't do his job until I make my skin a priority. My priority was my mother, not my face. I left that day and called his office staff to tell them that I would not be back and I told them why.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2008

I HAVE HAD ACNE FOR OVER TWO YEARS, SO IN THE SUMMER, I WENT TO GO SEE DR. GOLDSTEIN. WELL, IT HAS BEEN OVER 8 MONTHS WORKING WITH HIM, AND MY FACE HAS NOT CHANGED.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2008

Dr. Mark J. Goldstein's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1981)

Top Urgent Care Centers in New Haven, CT