Ratings for Dr. Gary M. Zartman

I HAVE HAD DR. ZARTMAN FOR TWO SURGERIES AND WILL HAVE TO HAVE ANOTHER. HE IS THE BEST ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON AROUND. I HAD MY KNEE REPLACED BY DR. ZARTMAN AND HAD A VERY SMALL INCISION AND DID MY THERAPY AND HAD A GOOD RESULTS. WHEN HE SAW ME FOR MY KNEE HE NOTICED SOME ISSUE THAT I HAD IN THE PAST AND ASKED WHY IT WAS NOT FIXED AND THE DR THAT I HAD DID NOT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT. HE SAID HE COULD HAVE FIXED IT WITH NO ISSUE. I JUST HAD THE RIGHT TENDON TEAR DONE AND WILL HAVE TO HAVE THE SIDE FIXED THAT WAS NOT FIXED BEFORE. HE IS JUST REALLY GREAT AND WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE. HE IS INTELLIGENT, KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING AND PREPARES YOU FOR WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH THE SURGERY. HE IS KIND AND VERY CARING AND MOST IMPORTANT IS THAT WHEN HE IS WITH YOU , YOU ARE NOT A NUMBER HE CARES ABOUT WHAT HE IS DOING AND VERY COMPASSIONATE. HE IS THE ONLY ORTHO DOCTOR THAT I WILL HAVE WORK ON ME

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

I wouldn't dream of giving Dr Zartman anything less then 5 stars!! He saved me from a life of constant pain.I had a knee replacement in Aug 2013 and it was BAD!! I swore no one would ever do that to me again but after 2 years of constant pain I called Lancaster Orthopedic.Dr Zartman ordered a bone scan and said there was something definitely going on and it would be a total knee replacement.I was sick in my stomach because I was hoping for an easy fix.I asked how this time would be any different and he said first off he was going to do xrays,put it into the computer and it would measure and tell him what size he would need to use(previous dr did not do this)Everyone that knew what I had gone through the first time were amazed at how different it was this time.Recovery was quicker,therapy was easier.On my 1st follow up appointment,I couldn't thank DR Zartman enough.I just kept saying Thank you.I HIGHLY recommend Dr Zartman

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

Very intelligent, highly trained physician. Very thorough in preparing you for surgery.Had 2 hips done in less than 2 years. No problems. Stay was 2 nights for first surgery and one night for second hip surgery. No problems at all. I was in my early eighties at the time.Can't recommend him enough.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2015

I put up with a bad left hip for more then 4 yrs. The VA kept telling me there was nothing wrong with it. Finally after all of the National stuff going on in the VA hospitals, the Leb. VA finally let me go see Dr. Zartman. I have known the man for more then 20 yrs. and I knew how good he was. He spent about 3.5 hrs. repairing my Left hip and to say I feel better is a understatement. I trust this Dr. 100% and for hips I would say for anyone to go to any other Dr you would be crazy. And I am a nurse who use to work in the biggest local Hosp. in the OR so I know the good ones and the bad ones, and this guy stands alone as the best!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

I had a total knee replacement in November. I took time choosing a Dr. and very pleased I chose Dr. Zartman. He explained that I could have a partial knee replacement but during surgery if it was deemed necessary, he would proceed with a total. I knew this before surgery so it was no surprise. My recovery period was astounding! I was walking without a cane in less than three weeks! I am now at the 7 weeks post surgery mark and feel that I can basically resume my normal activities.....pain free! Thank you, Dr. Zartman, for your expertise and your warm and encouraging personality. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted January 1, 2015

I was very happy with my total hip replacement by Dr. Zartman. He used the less invasive surgery which required only a 4 inch incision. Recovery was short with very little pain. He has an excellent staff and everyone was friendly and courteous especially Dr. Zartman. I don't think you'll find a better surgeon than him.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

I was very pleased with my total hip replacement surgery performed by Dr. Zartman. He was recommended to me by friends and I was not let down. He made my experience as pleasant as possible. He listened to my concerns about the surgery and immediate recovery after in the hospital. I felt comfortable with him as he is very kind, personable, polite, knowledgeable, and understanding. In addition his staff was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. I rated "punctuality" as a 4 because the office visits were not on time. They do have a sign in the office that states your appointment could be delayed. The other not so positive was the discharge process. It appeared there was a disconnect between the hospital and Dr. Zartman. I did get discharged on the date expected, but it was delayed by approximately 6 hrs. My experience is based on me being a 48 year old hip replacement patient in decent shape and not a lot of excessive weight. Kudos to Dr. Zartman and staff!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

"Best Hip Doctor around", very thorough, understanding and helpful. My total hip replacement has been a great success. Will definitely use him for any other hip and knee issues I have. Great bedside manor too!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013

Doctor Zartman performed hip replacement surgery on my left hip. I found Dr Zartman to be knowledgeable, helpful and an overall great surgeon. I would recommend Dr Zartman as an excellent surgeon. I would also recommend LOG as a very good group and Dr Zartman's assistant Dody Paulsen as extremely helpful. Also, Carolyn Maginnis was an excellent assistant to the surgeon. Overall, I had a great experience and would highly recommend this surgeon. Thank you -

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

Finally broke down after 2 years of severe, debilitating pain and had hip replacement surgery. Had use Dr. Zartman for a right knee repair about 18 years ago with great success so I decided to use him again for my hip. Dr. Z and his staff were very professional and caring. Throughout the whole process and recovery period I had NO PAIN; I couldn't believe it! Things went so well that I was back at work in one month (surgery 1/2 RTW 2/4). I hadn't been able to walk 25 yards without severe pain and I am now totally pain free. This recovery may not be typical, I don't know. Dr. Z, his staff and LOG are 2 for 2 in my book. Hopefully I won't need their services again for a long time; but at least I know where I'm going if/when the time comes.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2013

Dr. Gary M. Zartman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Colorado School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

GHI