Ratings for Dr. Denise M. Buntin

DO NOT GO TO DENISE BUNTIN. I wish I had read these reviews. This is the worst dermatologist... doctor... and probably person, that I have ever met, I had to wait for about 30 minutes in a room so I was checking some e-mails on my phone, from the minute she walked in and BEFORE even introducing herself, she demanded I put my phone away and went off on a rant about how young people are consumed with phones. She then proceeded to start talking about her leg, and started to talking about how qualified she was to be a dermatologist. I wasn't sure why she needed to present herself the way she did, but I know now. This woman is not qualified. After a good ten minutes of talking about herself and her qualifications, I guess she decided that she should ask me why I came to see her. I told her it was for acne, tried to explain my situation... I have never been so rudely interrupted in my life. I had my mother drive me to the appt for moral support, and she went off on a rant to her about how much of a problem racism is among young people while I sat there waiting to tell her about my skin problems. The appointment was about 30 minutes long (not including the ridiculous wait time) and she spent about 20 of it talking about herself. She is the most condescending doctor I have ever met, though I don't think she's qualified to be called a "doctor". I had no chance to ask questions about my condition and what she was prescribing, and I still don't know because I had to practically shout them at her as she was leaving the appointment. She spent about 10 minutes telling me about being a dermatologist for over 30 years and defending how qualified she was. If all of this is not enough, her facility was not clean... her staff was rude and acted as if I was a total inconvenience to be standing in their EMPTY office, and she prescribed me the wrong medication because she did not know what was wrong with my skin. How could she know, when she didn't give me the chance to talk and tell her. I have no idea how this person has a medical license or gets any patients at all. I'm assuming they're ignorant to her practices as I was before my TERRIBLE experience. I urge you, DO NOT GO TO DENISE BUNTIN. unless you want to be treated like an ignorant and uneducated person, ranted at about racism, and plain misdiagnosed. WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Please take all of these reviews to heart - I wish I had done my research. Find another dermatologist! Dr. Buntin has to be the worst dermatologist in the Mid Cumberland area. I am a woman of color and I was really hoping to find someone who knew more about my pigmentation and could assist with my condition(s) accordingly. Unfortunately, I was introduced to a condescending, inconsiderate, judgmental, know-it-all. She never took the time to listen to my problems and concerns. She tried to diagnose me with diabetes just by looking at me (fyi, I have had tests done by my primary physician that have concluded that I am nowhere near the danger zone for being diagnosed with diabetes.) Keep in mind - I was there to find help for my psoriasis, acne, etc. - not quite sure why she was trying to diagnose me with diabetes. She refused to listen to my concerns and never took any of my questions into account. I just can't get over how unbelievably rude this woman was/is! In addition, the staff was very rude and treated me as though I was a bother to them. The wait was nearly an hour, and I arrived 15 minutes ahead of time, as requested, in order to fill out paperwork. After my failed visit with her, I finally found a great dermatologist in the Brentwood area that was finally able to clear things up. Please, avoid Dr. Buntin and her staff!!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Please do yourself a favor and choose another doctor.  This woman is very unprofessional, and worse, incompetent. She is clearly in the business of seeing as many patients as she can, and not in the business of caring for your needs.  You will absolutely feel rushed as she talks over your questions and comments, and unfortunately in my case, not receive adequate answers. My wife experienced similar results as well, to the point that Dr Buntin neglected her own responsibilities of researching drug effects in relation to breastfeeding from a prior visit two weeks earlier, only to then ask my wife to do the research herself by contacting her pediatrician.  It almost felt like a SNL skit, without the humorous punchline.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

Dr. Buntin needs a professional Dr. for her grandiose personality. She is so into her self and what she knows about you just by looking at you, she doesnt have time for trivial things such as pleasentries and listening to the patient who chose her to diagnose them. I chose her as my children's dermatologist and she makes references about there weight in which I did not ask for her advice on. Appearantly my co pay went up and she sent me to collections for 5 dollars? She is a piece of work and if you want a good doctor go see someone other than Buntin. I will pray that someone convinces her to be seen by a mental professional!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

I had a dime size wart on my hand. After the freeze off we decided the next step would be to numb and remove it by burning. They would numb the area and I wouldn't feel it. How they were wrong! I was told at least 5xs about how smoking causes you to not heal well. I understand that I will not heal as fast as a nonsmoker but really You CAN'T tell me that the numbing meds dont work because I smoke! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Yes folks this is what she tried to explain as I was screaming as she had a saudering knife to my hand. I felt every bit of it! How dare you tell me to Pray and ask God for the pain to be over soon! It was excruciating and she had no empathy at all! Did I mention she had a smile on her face the whole time? At check out I asked if there was a cream or meds I could take for the pain. They said "take some Tylenol and it'll be fine." Seriously? Have you ever had a dime size hole charred into your hand? Today it is more sore than yesterday and I have a black hole in my hand.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

She misdiagnosed my shingles condition for almost 1 year. She is very arrogant and rude. Refused to see me again after I told her that her diagnosis was incorrect! Wouldn't refer her to treat a DOG! Worst dermatologist ever!!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

Three months prior to original treatment, I call as I had since moved and lost both the original (unfilled) prescription and the name of the surgeon for cyst removal. The receptionist, Jane, was beyond imaginably rude, and said (without asking the doc) that I would need to come back in for either answer. I explained it was 2 separate issues, and to please ask first. She called back and said that I HAD to come in to get a prescription. I asked about part II of my question, which she simply said that Dr. did not respond to. On 3rd try, she said Dr. said we would discuss when I came in. I simply needed the original prescription which I'd never had filled!!! Why would I go back! She also refused to speak to me directly when I asked if she could call me rather than go through Jane. I was told she would talk to me via appointment only. I've never had a doctor say refuse to call me, and unless you want to be nickeled and dimed for a simple treatment, DO NOT GO TO DR. BUNTIN.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

It is not a practice of mine to write reviews but I could not in good conscience allow my poor experience with Dr. Buntin go undocumented. She is condescending and defensive. After reading these comments, I am going to check with my insurance to see how much she was paid because the receipt she provided me seemed to be high. I wish I had read the reviews before I went to see her. I will not be going back.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

Extremely rude and poor listening skills. Concluded I had a certain condition without going through the proper diagnostic tests. When I asked questions, she doesn't want to listen. Cited 32 years of her experience as enough to give her the merit to diagnose my condition. When things did not improve I had to see another dermat who went through proper diagnosis. Turns out that I have a condition that she never mentioned and treated for! She doesn't like you asking questions or describing what problems you have. The staff and she were never available to answer questions. They treat you as a nuisance if you called with any questions or if your condition wasn't improving. Would never recommend her to anyone. I have seen her multiple times thinking it will be better the next time. Never again!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

I have been to Buntin on several occasions. She was always nice to me, always took care of my problems.

Submitted January 24, 2012

Dr. Denise M. Buntin's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Top Hospitals in Hermitage, TN