Ratings for Dr. Maggie K. Yu

Dr. Yu offers a knowledgeable opinion within the contexts of her beliefs, but she is frequently discourteous. She has little patience and a short fuse.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

These awful reviews of Maggie are spot on! Thanks for the validation of some of the worst doctor-patient encounters I have ever been thru! She needs her license yanked stat!!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

Dr. Yu is the most rude health care professional I have ever encountered. My first few visits were actually good then when her treatments didn't work for me it was like I was to blame! She got very rude with me in front of her assistant and I said thank you very much but I am done here. I'm. Not paying someone a ridiculous amount of money because she claims to be a "specialist" just so she can be rude and condescending!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

Becoming a dr. is about taking care of patients not just the financial end of it, What a shame it is to be a mother of two kids and be teaching them that humans are to take money from and not to take care of. You charging extra to give people a new way of treating their medical conditions is a crime against humanity.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

Office staff is terrible. I wasn't able to get into my new Dr right away, after having to switch from Dr Yu's practice. I was going to lapse in my thyroid medication, and was told by my new Drs. office that Dr. Yu's office would be able to call in 1 more month's supply. Annette, from Dr Yu's front office told me, "No, she can't do that". When I asked what I should do in the meantime, Annette told me to walk into an urgent care and show them my pill bottle and they can call it in. Really?? I've been dropped like a hot potato, just because I can't afford $150/month?

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Yu for over 10 years and I have had an established patient relationship as well as what I thought was friendship. However, after she decided to start charging $150/ month, I could not stay with her and most people that are low to middle income probably can't afford to pay that as well--Some of us already pay a premium for our insurance as well as pay a fee when we see the doctor. To pay an extra $150 for services that were being given anyway during my visit, is like being robbed. I am sure she has lost a lot of her clientele. Due to this maybe if the charge was an extra $50 per patient, she would have been able to keep most all of her patients. The reason she says is because she is going to lose her office or practice unless she charges these huge fees-- Swallow your pride Dr. Yu and move your practice to a place where you can keep up with the payments, hire less people in the front office, and maybe quit treating the whole office to The Cheesecake Factory and Olive Garden; that, I am sure would alleviate some of the financial problems you are experiencing and a huge amount of stress. The Dr. Yu I use to see many years ago in a smaller practice use to smile and was peppy. You spent quality time with the patients you had and somewhere along the way you lost yourself as being a great doctor to being just an okay doctor. I am sure that's what is happening with all the new "run of the office" practice, probably will not last very long and that will be so sad.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2015

Rude, condescending and a real know-it-all. When direct questions are met with eye rolls and a dismissive attitude, you should find someone else. I was diagnosed as diabetic by Dr. Yu, however, after seeing another more competent physician, that diagnosis was removed. I woulds not waste my time or money or any insurance payments on her or her clinic.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

Horrible! She is rude beyond rude. She gave results for 3 of my labs even though I had 9 run. To get all of my results she required another visit and lied there was a transmission error so they could not be placed on the patient portal. I called the lab directly and they mailed me the results. I found a new doctor the next day who was NOT in agreement with her treatment protocol. Please don't come here! The woman is an absolute shrew!!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2015

They will probably diagnose you with a gluten sensitivity or intolerance of some kind. Just a warning.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

I lost all confidence in her after numerous minor errors and then several major lapses in judgement.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

Dr. Maggie K. Yu's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

• Blue Cross Of California