Ratings for Dr. Dena E. Harris

Dr Harris is a vulvar pain specialist. She diagnosed me properly and I am in treatment. I was a former patient of Dr. Coady who has moved onto other things, whom I loved, but Dr. Harris is a good standby.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

I've been going to Dr. Harris for almost 10 years now. She is down to earth, kind, knowledgeable and goes out of her way to stay in contact via email & sometimes will call me on the phone if I am concerned about something. She is very encouraging!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

I have had vulvar pain for almost THIRTY YEARS. And I am almost better now, after seeing Dr. Harris for the first time less than 6 months ago. As background: I am not shy; I have discussed my problem with gynecologists over the years. But no doctor has been really curious about getting to the bottom of my problem, with lab tests and other alternatives to explore. Yet Doctor Harris found that I had a relatively rare yeast infection causing my pain. WIth consistent treatment of the yeast, we began addressing my related problems: tight muscles, vaginal dryness/poor vaginal tissue quality (I'm now in my 50's). So now I'm using bio-idential topical hormones) to help with dryness & libido, and we're treating my muscle tightness with physical therapy (yes, there are therapists who are trained to do this!). I can now have intercourse without pain, for the first time in many years.And by the way, Dr. Harris follows up. She emails. She takes notes. And she doesn't forget anything.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

Dr Harris is an excellent doctor. If you need a specialist because of pelvic pain or pain with sex, this is who you need to go to. She helped me so much. I used to have pain with sex ALL the time and with her help, I don't anymore. If you just need a regular gyno, I may not go to her because of the cost, but she really knows her stuff when it comes to women who have issues. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013

Dr. Harris' office is a lovely, large, spa-like experience. I was excited to see what appeared to be a top-rated doctor, but was disappointed when turning to her in times of extreme pain and discomfort. I had endometriosis symptoms (like, EVERY SINGLE ONE in an extreme fashion) and recently, my mother had surgery where they discovered she had endometriosis. When I asked her about what I could do about my extremely heavy cycles and bad cramping (the kind where I was curled up on the floor, cursing), she told me I was being paranoid & suggested I take birth control pills. Three months later, after 2 ruptured ovarian cysts that sent me to the emergency room, I was seeing a specialist at Weill Cornell, who happily performed surgery on my Stage IV endometriosis.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

Knowledgeable but a total flake. She told me 75% of people with pelvic pain get better from her care. Every time I emailed her with "I do not feel better", she'd reply with "Glad you're feeling better." Just because they stop coming to you doesn't mean you've cured them, Dr. Harris!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

She misdiagnosed me and then told my new physician she never gave me that diagnosis to cover herself.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2010

I love her! I've gone to many doctors with my problem and got no help. Finally I've met a doctor who actually listened to my symptoms. She did the right test and I now know what I have and got on a treatment plan. Some of the doctors I went to before her even told me that my pain problem was in my head. She is very patient and sensitive to my pain when she is examining me. You get the sense that she is actually there when you describe your symptoms or concerns.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2009

Dr. Harris is the best doctor I have ever been to. She spends plenty of time with me and treats me as a person, not just a patient. She explains all options and lets me have the deciding role in my own care. She always spends plenty of time with me. I never feel rushed. I can't recommend her more highly. She's a wonderful person and a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

Dr. Dena E. Harris's Credentials

• Hahnemann Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19102 (Grad. 1976)