Ratings for Dr. Lorraine S. Hutchings

Dr. Lorraine Hutchings' office is the worst in all of the Pittsburgh area. The doctor is irresponsible and can not correctly relay to her staff which tests she prescribes. She can not correctly read a physical form the average college student receives. The entire staff is awful. Customer service skills do not exist in the office of Montour Family Healthcare. Everyone is so grumpy and rude. If you ask for a copy of any paperwork (or any simple task), the staff will act with a major attitude as if it will take hours instead of seconds. Do not put yourself or any family members through this disaster of an office.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

After a few bad experiences with PCP's a friend recommended Dr. Hutchings. I have been seeing her for over a year now. I have made 4 office visits and never sat longer than 10 minutes before being taken back for vitals, usually it is right away. The longest I have waited for Dr. Hutchings has been about 10 min as well. What I like about her is that she is the first PCP I've ever had that sat down with me and showed me all of my test numbers and left time to discuss them. I absolutely asked questions and she was helpful. I was hoping to find a Dr who would partner with me to manage my health and I do feel this with her. One note, her office staff could be a bit nicer, especially when calling to make appts. They seem just a bit brusque, don't give their names when they answer, etc. I know the Dr sometimes has little to do with the management of the office staff, but that is my feedback. I recommend her to everyone I know now looking for a Primary Care physician.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2010

I found Dr. Hutchings to be extremely kind, professional, punctual and knowledgeable. She took time to explain everything in detail; went over all of my lab results in a very thorough manner. Squeezed me in for emergency appointments when needed. I would recommend this doctor (or her partner) to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2009

The 3 times I have visited the office I had to wait over an hour for the doctor. She was rushed and didn't take her time with me. She leaves the room without a final word. She dismissed my questions and was not reassuring. She didn't call me when tests results came in her staff did and they knew nothing. I would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2007

The service and visit was so poor and incomplete, that I refused to pay for the visit. The doctor stated that she had not finished my visit, when I complained, but could not justify why she had me rescheduled in 6 months. If she had not finished the visit, I would think I should come back a bit sooner. She just walked out of the room and never said a word. When I asked for a call from her 2 times, I was never told she was away. After waiting 2 weeks, I wrote a letter and drove it to the office and still I was not told she was away. 4 0r 5 days leter she called after reading my letter stating she was out of the country. I asked why I was not told this and why her partner never called me back. No answer! Poor experience all the way around!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2007

I found her very nice, and really seemed to take an interest in my health. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2006

Dr. Lorraine S. Hutchings's Credentials

• Mem Univ Of Newfoundland, Fac Of Med, St Johns, Nfld, Canada (Grad. 1992)

MB Health