Ratings for Dr. Stuart A. Lewis

Dr. Lewis and his staff, Lea and Pete in particular, are great. Dr. Lewis has been my ophthalmologist for 5 years and he recommended the Visian ICL procedure for vision correction. I wasn’t a candidate for LASIK and thought I would likely wear glasses/contacts for life. But after I did some research on Visian ICL, I wanted to proceed with the surgery. During the weeks leading up to the procedure, Dr. Lewis and his staff answered any questions I had and alleviated any concerns. The most difficult part of the process was not wearing contacts in the weeks prior to the procedure and the initial dilation drops used to determine if I was a candidate. The pre-op YAG procedure and the actual Visian ICL surgery were quick and relatively painless. Immediately after Dr. Lewis completed the procedure, I could see clearly. It was truly remarkable. Words can’t adequately describe how great it felt to see clearly for the first time in my life (I’ve worn glasses since Kindergarten). Since the surgery, I have not experienced any pain, dry eye, or halos. My night vision has vastly improved and colors seem enhanced. I couldn’t be happier and I can’t thank Dr. Lewis enough. I would highly recommend the procedure to anyone and I would definitely recommend that they have Dr. Lewis perform it. This was a life changing event for me.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

Dr. Lewis charged me for contact lens that never worked and couldn't see out of. I wouldn't suggest seeing him unless you know your going to receive something for your money.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2012

Im 66 yrs old. For years and years I put up with terrible vison, 20/400 in one eye, 20/200 in the other and bad astigmatism. Not a candidate for lasik. When I found I had beginning cateract in one eye I went to Dr Lewis. Medicare covered about half of the cataract eye and I paid for the additional cost of the multifocal lens upgrade. Two months later I had to pay all the cost because no cataract and because of the massive astigmatism, I had to have an expensive toric lens. Now, three days after the second surgery I am ecstatic over the results. I haven't seen so clearly since I was 14 years old. 20/30 in one eye and almost 20/20 in the astimigtized eye! No glasses! This has to be the best investment in myself I've ever made. Dr Lewis is fantastic, the very best in his profession. If you are not a lasik candidate and tired of squinting to read, see signs driving. or just enjoying the beautiful things all around in crisp clean vision, then do this procedure. You'll never regret a dime.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2012

Dr. Lewis is a ROCK STAR!!!! I don't think I need to say anymore ... he's a great doctor!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

Office staff very friendly and courteous. Dr and assistant were very thorough, knowledgeable, and good at explaining all options. I would definitely recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2012

First class operation with a kind, confident staff and obviously smart physician. I was comfortable from the minute I walked in the door - the atmosphere is upbeat and very positive. I have found most practices saying no to difficult questions where this one said yes, we will try to find a way to help. I recommend Dr. Lewis and his staff without reservation. Perhaps the best run office I have ever visited.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

I've been going to Dr. Lewis for over 25 years, yes I'm that old, and he is without a doubt one of the most knowledgeable, caring, considerate & fair physicians I've ever dealt with. He has been my eye doctor since my early 30's. When I had incurred an eye injury playing softball several years ago instead of directing me to the emergency room, which would have been the easy answer, Dr. Lewis met me at his office late at night to examine me personally. That's the kind of physician service that deserves loyalty in return. When I wanted lasik surgery years later he was my choice hands down. He's my choice, no contest!!!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2009

I went to Dr. Lewis for a second opinion about my cataracts. He totally put my fears at ease was easy to talk to. He is top notch and really knows what he is doing.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2008

Dr. Stuart A. Lewis's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 1978)