Ratings for Dr. John Rathwell

hard to get an appointment with him, and when you get the appointment it lasts 5 minutes. most of the times we meet the resident not him. It's frustrating to say the least. I just hate going there again.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Dr Rathwell has been amazing with our growing family. He was my husbands gp and took me on without question. He. Ow also has our three boys and we couldn't ask for a better doctor!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

I had to go to ER for strep throat. The pain was crazy and was in tears when I had to swallow and I had also had them before and knew what it was. The glands were huge on both side of my neck and I also had huge white patches in throat. I found dr Rathwell incredible rough when he was checking my glands, then did a strep test and then sent me home...he said he would call if anything cmes up. Now I sit here at 4am still in huge amounts of pain and a bigger neck then before praying for a call so I can get a antibiotic. If I see that man again on ER I will have to leave. Prime example of a Dr not listening to a patient, we know our own bodies and when something is wrong. Would never recommend this dr.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

The office may be busy, but when you have a real issue Dr. Rathwell is great. He took the time to listen and help me through a recent serious medical situation. I like the new appointment system, it has really improved availability. When I had a problem, I called and was seen the same day

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Been with Dr. Rathwell for a few yeas, hard to get an appointment with, not in on Fridays, always on trips, usually end up with a fill in doctor, trying to switch doctors, read the other reviews, I don't recommend.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

I like Dr Rathwell as a person, but I don't find him very thorough as a doctor. He always seems rushed, & gives quick answers to my questions. I rarely feel that he is thorough enough. As someone else said, he often has residents with him ... but I'm actually happy to see residents as they tend to be more thorough, & know that they are being evaluated. I often feel that Dr Rathwell is trying to treat everything by himself, & have had to ask for every referral I've had to a specialist, despite the fact that I know many people, who see other GPs, who get referred to specialists without having to ask. I'm not a hypochondriac, so not asking for useless referrals, but find that he has never taken the initiative in asking for a more expert opinion.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Sometimes hard to get through on the phone, but the office has always squeezed us in when needed. Dr. Rathwell listens well, and is helpful.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Worst DR I have seen. He got ZERO care to his patients. He did not listen to me when I had to take my son over to the clinic. I just hate going there again.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2014

dr rathwell is very hard to get ahold of, especially when the subject of my appointments are urgent and very important. I rated the staff 4/5 because they are always polite and welcoming. i gave a 3 for being punctual because i usually have to wait a little bit. doctor rathwell is sometimes helpful but usually just gives a prescription and sends me on my way.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

Dr. Rathwell seems like a nice enough guy but my jury's out on whether or not my care is what I deserve. A patient for years, I've always had to wait for my appointment. More often than not he has a student with him, and very little seems to be done to get to the roots of my problems. Truthfully, he's an GP and probably shouldn't be expected to understand specifics of every kind of problem but that's more convention than what a patient should really get. I've never really been treated poorly aside from the awful punctuality problem. I've had to wait for a half hour numberous times in the inner waiting rooms. Mix that with little effort to address my maladies and understand me as a patient and you get a sort of blandness that shouldn't inspire anyone with the Canadian Healthcare System.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013