Ratings for Dr. Monika Madan

She is very rude and honestly not a very good doctor at all. She mis-diagnosed multiple injuries i sustained in a car accident as well as other issues that came up which was very concerning to me. when i finally decided enough was enough and found another family doctor and requested my file be transferred I was told i had outstanding charges for a missed appointments (which I cancelled in advance) and there would be a charge for my file. Just brutal...

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

She is extremely rude. Booked an appointment a few months ago for a physical exam, and waited in the waiting room for nearly 1hour. Walk in clients were prioritized. She Had the nerve to tell me they were charing me for a missed appointment (which I cancelled in advance). If you are going to bill your patients for lateness/no shows, you should have the decency to be on time. Yourself. Respect is a 2 way street. I will be switching practices.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Decided to make up my own mind after reading consumer reports. Met her after a wait of 35 minutes. No apology! She grabbed a paper from my on top of my Jacket. " I'll take this". Rude! Explained that this was my copy and the original was at her Reception! One by one showed her my Medical papers as she asked for them. Explained that recently I have been feeling very hot. Said her clinic is always hot-pointed to her window where the blind was down. 15 Degrees C outside. Nice clean office but no air circulation! Never tried to comment on why I felt so hot! Most likely did not have a clue? I shall be writing to the College of Physicians further, regarding this matter as there were other issues! We both felt that her services could be better used elsewhere. ARROGANT & RUDE are polite words I shall use for this Doctor. As to her Medical capabilities I shall not comment, since I did not witness any!

Submitted February 23, 2017

Dr. Madan is an excellent physician, don't have complaints regarding the service I've received. However there are time when I want to see her and I end up seeing a stand in as she's not available. Listens to my concerns and addresses them accordingly.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

The last time I went to see Dr. Madan with an issue she asked me what I wanted her to do about it. I thought that was her job. (I promptly changed doctors.)

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

I am a patient for several years now.I do agree with some of the comments that Dr Madan comes across as arrogant and condescending. I'm in my fifties now quite healthy but when I have a concern always assume she knows what it is.I always feel rushed and the fifteen mins we are allowed is never given, more like two mins in and out.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

I have a good rapport with Dr. Madan, but I can understand why some may feel she comes across as arrogant. At the same time, people tend to talk too much in a doctor's appointment and don't realize they should get to the point. She doesn't want to hear your life story and shouldn't have to. People also have a tendency to not listen to their doctor's advice because it's not what they want to hear. There are terrible doctors out there. Dr. Madan is not one of them. Get over yourselves.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

No compassion or caring is shown by Dr Madan. She is cold and makes you feel small. She has no time for holistic approach to health. I would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Dr. Madan was my doctor as a patient in my 30s experiencing digestive problems. She treated me with absolutely care and made me feel as if it was all in my head. My concerns were treated with arrogance. I'm not someone who enjoys going to the doctor or who a tendency to question my health.... I knew something was up and she refused to see it. Luckily after seeing a doctor at University Health Network, she was fantastic and diagnosed me as celiac. With her immediate care, I'm back to living a full happy life. I've never rated anyone before, but after robbing you two years of your health, I hope to discourage others to make the same mistake.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

I've been a happy patient of Dr. Madan's for several years now. She has a candour and direct approach that I greatly appreciate--while I haven't always wanted to hear what she's had to say, I know she has my best interests in mind. My experience with her has been one marked by thoughtfulness, professionalism and good humour. It appears my fellow patients don't all feel the same way, but I've never hesitated to refer friends and loved ones to Dr. Madan--I think she's great.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014