Ratings for Dr. Monika Madan

By far the worst and unprofessional doctor I have EVER been to! -100 Beside Manners. I have seen her 3 times and will never go back. All she cares about is the clock so she can bank as much money as possible. She tells me every visit that OHIP only covers 10 minute appointments and she will only cover one issue per appointment, so I would have to go back for each issue I had separately. So 10 minutes is all you get, the faster she gets you out the more money she makes. She also tells me that we can’t waste medical dollars on everything. Well, taxpayers pay for medical dollars and I’m one of them. If she was the only doctor on the planet, I would seriously be afraid for my life. She doesn’t seem arrogant, SHE IS ARROGANT! Stay away, I have never complained about a doctor, but she deserves to have her licence taken away! If I could give her 0 stars I would, cause she doesn’t deserve a 1 star!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2018

She just doesn’t care... and her bed-side matter reflects that. I ageee with what I read below... Sure there are a few decent reviews but my experience was unprofessional and disheartening. The reality is that GPs aren’t as caring and interested in providing quality and genuine care as before. Our medical system is in a sad state... and drs like Madan, whose personality is already cold and hands off, is just going to make things worse. We are human beings not just OHIP numbers.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2018

Dr. Madan is one of the worst doctors I have ever seen. Several years ago I went in because I was having a problem with one of my eyes. I had booked a 30-minute physical for my appointment. Initially she wasn't going to look at my eye problem because that's not part of the routine 30-minute physical, but then agreed to look at it. Based on her cursory examination, she then proceeded to tell me that I probably had MS and referred me to a neurologist and sent me to get a number of diagnostic tests (MRI, neurological testing, etc.). I stopped seeing her after that. I was upset and appalled that a doctor would tell me that I had MS without even doing any kind of assessment. Needless to say I don't have MS and even the neurologist wondered why I was in his office. The whole thing was incredibly stressful. Her general policy for appointments was that she would only look at 1 issue per visit, without considering that 1 issue may have multiple symptoms. She was really adamant about adhering to this policy, even though the appointments rarely lasted the required 15 minutes that was being billed to OHIP. In general, she seemed more interested in billing OHIP than providing proper medical care for her patients.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2018

Dr Madan listens well and has always been very attentive to my health issues. I have also referred two people to her and have only heard good thing s about her.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2018

She is very rude and honestly not a very good doctor at all. She mis-diagnosed multiple injuries i sustained in a car accident as well as other issues that came up which was very concerning to me. when i finally decided enough was enough and found another family doctor and requested my file be transferred I was told i had outstanding charges for a missed appointments (which I cancelled in advance) and there would be a charge for my file. Just brutal...

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

She is extremely rude. Booked an appointment a few months ago for a physical exam, and waited in the waiting room for nearly 1hour. Walk in clients were prioritized. She Had the nerve to tell me they were charing me for a missed appointment (which I cancelled in advance). If you are going to bill your patients for lateness/no shows, you should have the decency to be on time. Yourself. Respect is a 2 way street. I will be switching practices.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Decided to make up my own mind after reading consumer reports. Met her after a wait of 35 minutes. No apology! She grabbed a paper from my on top of my Jacket. " I'll take this". Rude! Explained that this was my copy and the original was at her Reception! One by one showed her my Medical papers as she asked for them. Explained that recently I have been feeling very hot. Said her clinic is always hot-pointed to her window where the blind was down. 15 Degrees C outside. Nice clean office but no air circulation! Never tried to comment on why I felt so hot! Most likely did not have a clue? I shall be writing to the College of Physicians further, regarding this matter as there were other issues! We both felt that her services could be better used elsewhere. ARROGANT & RUDE are polite words I shall use for this Doctor. As to her Medical capabilities I shall not comment, since I did not witness any!

Submitted February 23, 2017

Dr. Madan is an excellent physician, don't have complaints regarding the service I've received. However there are time when I want to see her and I end up seeing a stand in as she's not available. Listens to my concerns and addresses them accordingly.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

The last time I went to see Dr. Madan with an issue she asked me what I wanted her to do about it. I thought that was her job. (I promptly changed doctors.)

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

I am a patient for several years now.I do agree with some of the comments that Dr Madan comes across as arrogant and condescending. I'm in my fifties now quite healthy but when I have a concern always assume she knows what it is.I always feel rushed and the fifteen mins we are allowed is never given, more like two mins in and out.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr. Monika Madan's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.