Ratings for Dr. Christen Allaman

My eyesight had deteriorated to the point where it was almost impossible to read the giant "E" on the eye chart. After Dr. Allaman performed refractive cataract surgery and implanted a Premium Intra-Ocular Lens, I now have 20/25 vision in my right eye and can't wait until my left eye is done. Dr. Allaman has worked a miracle in my opinion and the procedure is quick and painless. I can't describe how grateful I am to him and his wonderful staff!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

Many thanks to Dr. Allaman and his excellent staff. Because of his excellent work I am theoretically glasses free. I will use a prescription though, that clears up my vision even better in my lazy eye. I could wear a contact in it if I wish! Amazing, exciting, and life changing. I had cataracts removed and multi-focal lenses inserted. Truly an awesome experience to see colors and see food!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Dr. Allaman and his staff were a blessing.The cataract surgery was quick and completely painless. I don't have the words to describe the results...incredible, amazing, unbelievable! I had been missing out on so much of the beauty of this world! I used to only drive in the slow lane because I couldn't see exit signs until I was almost under them, and I was therefore nervous to drive in unfamiliar areas. Now I drive all over. Put yourself in the hands of this wonderful doctor!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

Despite 2 cataracts (one growing rapidly) complicated by a cornea problem in my left eye, his surgery gave me immediate clear, color infused vision!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

I agree with Mr. Nee. I had the identical procedure--cataract removal and (AcrySof iq ReSTOR) multifocal lens implants. I have nothing, but high praise for the procedure and the result I highly recommend Dr. Allaman to anyone needing cataract removal. JOSEPH CURTIS, SANTA CRUZ, CA

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

I agree with the other testimonials here. Dr. Allaman is very competent in his speciality. He's removed cataracts from both of my eyes. the surgery was over before I knew it had begun. My recovery was quick & painless. I've recommended him to friends who needed cataract surgery. JIM NEE, Santa Cruz, CA

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Highly recommended. I've been a patient for nearly 10 years. A little over a year ago I had bilateral cataract surgery. After consultation and reflection, I opted for the multifocal lenses. The result was superb. The procedure was easy and the process convenient. I am 20/20 and 20/25, and do not need glasses for distant or close vision. Well worth the additional cost. Dr. Allaman is efficient and responsive to questions; the staff is well-organized, cordial, and helpful.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

At age 57, I've just had cataract surgery in both eyes (separated by 3 weeks), with multifocal lenses inserted after surgical astigmatic correction. Pretty high tech stuff. One month removed, it's been a complete success. After 40 years of contacts or glasses, I am really enjoying highly functional vision (I'm already experiencing better then 20/20) without the hassles of these add-ons. My cataracts were slow growing, and at my first referral visit to Dr. Allaman just over two years ago, he advised that my condition did not yet warrant insurance covered replacement. Last year, my right eye was eligible but the left not quite. Earlier this year, both had passed the threshold and I opted to proceed. I appreciated the calm and intelligent assessment and discussions with Dr. Allaman over this time period, where he demonstrated his knowledge and professional ethics. Over the course of two years, I interacted with virtually every staff member in the office (and the adjacent surgical center). They are a very professional, competent, and caring group, showing a high level of patient sensitivity (I also observed how they managed the wide variety of other patients coming and going). No screwups, no dropped balls, no overly rosy promises or predictions. My entire experience went very smoothly. Dr. Allaman seems to be at the top of his game and has a staff and an office culture that matches his proficiency. After my last scheduled follow-up visit, I don't expect to ever see them again. And that's a good thing.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

I had cataract surgery with no bad effects. Dr. Allaman are kind and caring, professional and smart. Thank you to you Dr. Allaman and to all the staff for your 5 star care.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

Dr Allaman is amazing. I had radial keratotomy thirty years ago and had over thirty slices in each eye to get my vision correct back then. Dr Allaman did my cataract surgery and was able to peal back the lense without tearing it. I could not see to drive t night before and now I can drive at night in the rain and fog! He is the best doctor in the multiverse in my opinion!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

Dr. Christen Allaman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English
  • Spanish

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1992)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Santa Cruz, CA