Ratings for Dr. Christen Allaman

I have just completed cataract surgery and chose the premium lens implant and I am ecstatic with results. I now have 20/20 vision and this was 2 days after my second surgery i won't need glasses anymore and I can now read the smallest print option on my kindle without glasses unbelievable! I want to thank Dr.Allaman his technicians and staff for their professionalism guiding me through the whole process and presenting all option available. Dr.Allaman leads a well organized clinic and is a highly skilled experienced eye surgeon. I can honestly rate them 5 star all the way around.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

I was nervous about surgery on my eyes, BUT DR. Allaman is an expert at surgery, and a wonderful human Being. All His staff is wonderful also. Gratitude to all.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

I live in a senior mobile home park. When I told my friends I needed Cataract surgery I got only one reference - Dr. Allaman. So filled with gratitude today! Thrown my glasses away--worn glasses since the 6th grade. His staff is kind and very knowledgable. Thanks Dr. A !!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Dr. Allaman and his A team did a magnificent surgical job installing toric lenses in both my eyes. They listened to and accommodated my many special needs, now I've got the best vision I've ever had in my whole life!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Today it's hard to believe that 8 months ago cataracts had so impaired my vision I could barely read with glasses. Cataract removal and multifocal lens implants changed all of that. Here I am today at my laptop writing this--my glasses a thing of the past. Thanks, Dr. A.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

WOW! Best surgery every! So very excited! Thank you so very much Dr. Allaman for the most positive experience ever! Had no idea what I was NOT seeing until I was wheeled out of cataract surgery and instantly could see crystal clear. I am so blessed and thank you and your staff for handling me so professional and caring. Thank you for the gift of site and for treating me so kindly! I will be forever grateful!! Another excellent thing about it is you were right here in Santa Cruz! Thank you ! Thank you! Thank you!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

I have just completed my cataract surgery with Dr. Allaman and could not be more pleased. The results are amazing. Just as amazing is the fact that the entire procedure from beginning to end was handled in a friendly. informative, and supportive manner from the receptionist and the techs right to the top - Dr. Allaman. I would recommend him and his team without hesitation. By the way, I'm writing this review without glasses or contact lenses. SHARON L. SMITH - APTOS

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

My eyesight had deteriorated to the point where it was almost impossible to read the giant "E" on the eye chart. After Dr. Allaman performed refractive cataract surgery and implanted a Premium Intra-Ocular Lens, I now have 20/25 vision in my right eye and can't wait until my left eye is done. Dr. Allaman has worked a miracle in my opinion and the procedure is quick and painless. I can't describe how grateful I am to him and his wonderful staff!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

Many thanks to Dr. Allaman and his excellent staff. Because of his excellent work I am theoretically glasses free. I will use a prescription though, that clears up my vision even better in my lazy eye. I could wear a contact in it if I wish! Amazing, exciting, and life changing. I had cataracts removed and multi-focal lenses inserted. Truly an awesome experience to see colors and see food!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Dr. Allaman and his staff were a blessing.The cataract surgery was quick and completely painless. I don't have the words to describe the results...incredible, amazing, unbelievable! I had been missing out on so much of the beauty of this world! I used to only drive in the slow lane because I couldn't see exit signs until I was almost under them, and I was therefore nervous to drive in unfamiliar areas. Now I drive all over. Put yourself in the hands of this wonderful doctor!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

Dr. Christen Allaman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Christen Allaman, a Board Certified Ophthalmologist, completed his undergraduate studies at the University of California, San Diego. After receiving his Medical Degree from Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, he served a first-year residency in internal medicine at California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco. Realizing his talents and international interests would be best served in the field of ophthalmology; he completed a residency at the Eye and Ear Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. In 1996 he joined Keith McKenzie, M.D., in private practice at Eye Care Medical Group, Santa Cruz, California, and in 1998 became the corporation’s president. Dr. Christen Allaman is President and Medical Director of Cypress Outpatient Surgical Center ensuring that only state-of-the-art, compassionate care extends throughout his office and the operating theatre. He has also performed volunteer cataract surgery and diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases in Bolivia, Fiji, Guatemala, and Nicaragua. When he is not taking care of patients, Doctor Allaman enjoys sports, particularly skiing and surfing. He also enjoys adventure travels with his family.

• English
  • Spanish

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1992)

• Cataract surgery