Dr. Christen Allaman

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Christen Allaman

I've been under Dr. Allaman's care, and just had cataract surgery. I am really happy with it, and very happy with the experience, skill and humane care during the entire process.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

My cataract surgery was done on Feb. 20 and this has been one of the easiest surgeries I have ever had. Dr. Allaman is a compassionate man who cares for his patients. His staff is also wonderful and helpful with anything I needed. Thank you for allowing me to put my trust with my vision in your hands.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

I had cataract surgery in July & August 2017. After such a positive experience with my first eye surgery, I didn't fear the second at all. The most difficult thing about the surgery was taking the pills before and after. Dr. Allaman was highly recommended to me by Dr. Babad. I was very nervous about the surgery until I met Dr. Allaman and his great staff. He and his staff made me feel very comfortable. Everything was explained and put my fears to rest. I have only the highest praise for Dr. Allaman and his team. I was made comfortable before surgery and was so impressed by how painless and quick the surgery was. I had no pain during or after surgery. . I have a HDTV and after both eyes were done, I was so surprised and thrilled to see how clear and bright the picture was with a 3D effect. Everything was bright, clear, and beautiful. Thank you, Dr. Allaman for the gift of sight! Dr. Allaman and his staff and the surgery center are the best. I had a friend who said the surgery was a 'piece of cake." Thanks to Dr. Allaman and his professional and caring team, it was 'a piece of cake with frosting'! The surgery was done amazingly fast and painless. I had no pain or discomfort in either eye! I highly recommend Dr. Allaman. Thank you! Margaret Dalton

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Dr. Allaman restored the sight in my left eye from 20/70 to 20/30. Mow my world is clearer and brighter! He is very knowledgeable and helpful. His office and staff are cheerful and efficient.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Doctor Allaman lasered a hole in my eye and I loved it! 10/10 would get glaucoma again just to get treated by Dr. Allaman. Also ridiculously well dressed.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

I thought Dr. Allaman was terrific! He and his office staff were exceptional! I did a lot of research before going to him and after my research he came out on top. Of course research and vibs from the real doctor after your initial interaction with them may not always be the same but he was great! He made me feel very comfortable from the start. He reviewed my charts and offered different approaches to what could be done. At first I was very leery to have someone operate on my eyes but after a couple of consultations I was excited to have him do it and couldn't wait for it to be done! The surgery was easier (for me) than expected and the results were/are outstanding! I can't remember the last time I could see this well without glasses. I'm now waiting to have my other eye done with great anticipation! Dr. Allaman, his staff and the surgery center were all first rate and I would highly, highly recommend him to anyone!! Thank you Dr. Alaman!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

I went in to my Opthamologist for a regular checkup each year because of my diabetes and was told I have cataracts. I had no idea, only that I had a lot of trouble seeing distance while driving and couldn't see anything clearly, including my big screen TV. I really thought something was wrong with my TV as it was blurry, even when I sat very close to it. I was referred to Dr. Allaman and when I mentioned him to friends, they all said he was their Dr. too! I concur with them that he is the best! I was very nervous to have eye surgery, but everyone I knew said it was painless and you won't believe the difference in your sight. That is all true for me too! All the staff and Dr. Allerman were and are very professional, kind, and thorough. My surgery on my left eye went so well and the difference in acuity, brightness, sharpness, and the distance I can see clearly is truly amazing! I still have to have the right eye surgery, but seeing the difference from from the left eye (done) and the right ( to be done) is incredible! It is so revealing how badly I was seeing, and didn't even know it! I can sit far back from my big screen TV and see so clearly it is such a pleasure! When I cover my Lft eye to look out of the right eye (the eye not having surgery yet) and see the TV screen, how blurry and dim it looks) I can hardly believe I was seeing so poorly! Thank You so much Dr. Allerman and staff, for giving me back my eye sight, that is better than I have seen for many years! I am 70+ years young! Looking forward to the surgery on my right eye and have perfect vision in it too! Thanks a million Dr. Allaman and Thanks to all your Staff!!! I'm so happy I had this surgery!!!! Please don't be afraid to have this procedure, as it is painless and the rewards are so worth it! I had the the regular lens paid for by Medicare/Medicaid. It couldn't possibly be any better! This eye is 20/20! I'm sure the next right eye surgery will be just as successful! Will update that after that surgery. Sincerely, Lynn Beckmann

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

My mother had been putting off having anything done about her eye problem. By the time we found out she needed cataract surgery, everything was a blur for her. She had stopped driving, was having a hard time with her balance and getting around. The morning after her cataract surgery, she came to me & grabbed my face and kissed me. Saying "I can finally see you again!" We both sat & cried with tears of joy. We are forever grateful to Dr. Allaman & his staff for giving my mother back her sight. Thank you, thank you.....

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Thank you Dr. Allaman and excellent staff for helping correct my cataract problems with surgery and your previous and ongoing care for the health of my complicated eyes! My vision is now the best in years!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

I had cataract surgery about 1 year ago. I am a was 46 at the time. I went from practically blind in my left eye from an injury to perfect vision. After 25 years I no longer need to wear contacts in either eye. I went with the premium lens and am very happy with that. I would recommend Dr. Allaman to anyone needing an eye surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

Dr. Christen Allaman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Christen Allaman, a Board Certified Ophthalmologist, completed his undergraduate studies at the University of California, San Diego. After receiving his Medical Degree from Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, he served a first-year residency in internal medicine at California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco. Realizing his talents and international interests would be best served in the field of ophthalmology; he completed a residency at the Eye and Ear Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. In 1996 he joined Keith McKenzie, M.D., in private practice at Eye Care Medical Group, Santa Cruz, California, and in 1998 became the corporation’s president. Dr. Christen Allaman is President and Medical Director of Cypress Outpatient Surgical Center ensuring that only state-of-the-art, compassionate care extends throughout his office and the operating theatre. He has also performed volunteer cataract surgery and diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases in Bolivia, Fiji, Guatemala, and Nicaragua. When he is not taking care of patients, Doctor Allaman enjoys sports, particularly skiing and surfing. He also enjoys adventure travels with his family.

• English
  • Spanish

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1992)

• Cataract surgery