Ratings for Dr. Michael W. Gorum

I would recommend Dr Gorum to anyone !!! He did two of my cervical fusions the last one the most complicated with a decompression ... A very skilled and confident physician who puts you at ease .

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

Very arrogant and rude! Blew us of like we were an inconvenience! Would not recommend him to my worst enemy!! He may be a good surgeon but there are so many other physicians that are just as talented and treat people with more respect and like they matter.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

I had been diagnosed with a C4 disc nerve compression. Other surgeon wanted to operate immediately. I had pain in my arm and hand and numbness. Dr. Gorum saw the herniated disc on the screen, but said that I needed an exam anyway. He discovered that all of arm and hand pain was coming from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome by examining my fingers. Sent me for an EMG and I had severe carpal tunnel syndrome. He did a great job and my hand is no longer hurting and I am regaining the use of it from the numbness. He is a great doctor and did not just jump to surgery like the other one wanted to. Highly recommend him!!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

I had two visits with Dr. Gorum and both times he was extremely rude. I have a well documented history of medical conditions for which he had no solutions, no options and no advice. Arrogant doesn't begin to explain his attitude.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012

Very rude doctor. He was late doing my husbands surgey. My husband went home from the hospital about 1 hr after surgery and he was out of it. My husband still had problems with his neck. This doctor is just a money hungry doc. I would get a second opion before letting him operate. I take that back I wouldn't go to him again at all

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

Staff wa nice but the MD was rude!!! Not helpful. After a second opinion I needed brain surgery. Would not recommend!!!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

Extremely good doctor and staff. I had major spine surgery and am very pleased. They also forgave some of my co pay. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2007

Dr. Michael W. Gorum's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)