Ratings for Dr. Paul W. Winterton

Wish I'd never stepped into this mans office. I went in for a simple knee surgery that should've had a speedy recovery. His careless work is heartbreaking for myself, my family and our future. I've since seen multiple doctors that confirm how overly aggressive he was in that operating room. Not to mention now that I've found other orthopedic knee specialists I've realized he's happy to do any surgery that gives him a paycheck. Just take a look if you don't believe me. He has I believe over 50 things listed he treats. I would never let anyone I care for go to this doctor. Please do your research, he's completely disrespectful, doesn't handle stress and pressure well & the negative reviews are very accurate. I wish I'd spent more time researching before settling for Dr. Winterton. He may seem friendly in the beginning but I promise you, he doesn't care about anything but the paycheck.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

He is the best surgeon. I have had a few knew scopes done and a major knee surgery. He explained everything before and after surgery. He had pictures to show me so it was easier to understand. He is compassionate. He explains everything to my family and is so nice. I have recommended him to family and friends.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

Most is all said below, and accurate, but Paul Winterton is the worst of the worst. Unconcerned and very rude. He will ask if you have any questions, but if you ask a question, he will just walk out of the room disgusted and not answer it. I thinkhe lacks the skills as a surgeon and should stop servicing the unaware public. He cleaned up both of my knees, and one is a little better, but the other one is worse. If I get on my knees, I don't have the strength to get up anymore. I only had knee pain before I saw him, but now I feel disabled because I have no strength in them anymore. It is like he forgot to connect my muscles back, I don't know, because after the procedure, you are are on your own. If you call him, he will just say, "It takes time. call me in 3 months." I did this for over a year until I realized he had no intention taking my call, and I was always very nice to him. The only good thing I can report about him is that he wears a clean and starched white lab coat. I think he is crazy and should be on the top 10 list of the worst doctors in the business. Even his staff says they do not like him because of the way he treats them. I realized all this after the procedure. GO ELSEWHERE!!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

CAUTION!!! Absolutely terrible experience! Everything was rushed and he ignored me when I said I was still in extreme pain after 3 months and had concerns. Even his staff told me that you need to be really forceful with him and make him spend the time and that didn't work either. No follow up tests at all. I'm now seeing another Dr. that is surprised at how bad my knee is. CAUTION!!!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

This sadly doesn't even deserve a 1 star. Dr. Winterton is brash and rude and seems like he has no idea what he is doing in the operating room. I wish I'd had proper warning before I let him operate. I am so upset I had to learn the hard way.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

I have never been treated so horribly as I was by this man! Hands down the most disrespectful, condescending, arragant man I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. I regret ever stepping foot in his office and hope others don't have to go through what I did. Dr. Winterton it seems is nice until you have any complications. If you are not a simple take the money, do the surgery case he will turn on you. He says every thought that pops into his head no matter how inappropriate it is. When I didn't feel comfortable with his decision to redo the surgery 6 weeks later he completely flipped. He had the nerve to call me up at home, tell me how I ruined his day, put his office in chaos, stressed out an entire OR staff during a knee replacement, made him lose sleep etc etc etc. Absolutely unprofessional and ridiculous behavior. I've never heard of any dr calling a patient at home and yelling and threatening them. It's time for him to stop talking and do a little listening himself. He does not communicate because he's too busy running in and out of the patients rooms and can't finish a thought. It is the doctors responsibility to make sure the patient understands things not the other way around. Every time there was a decision to be made he'd ask me what to do. Man up and be the professional you're supposed to be. He is very quick to put all decision making on the patient and constantly remind you it was your decision and agree with you. I now wonder if I'd said the opposite if he would've agreed with that as well. One of the decisions I made was not the right one but I'm not an orthopedic surgeon fronting as a specialist in knees so that's when the dr should tell you that's not what should be done. Dr. Wintertons office has a very spastic & chaotic feeling and he did not handle complications properly. He did make sure to tell me over and over again that it was my fault not his. I'm sorry but if you care about your body please proceed with caution. I never would've dreamt this would happen to me. I read the reviews before hand and wish I had taken more from them. It sounded like just poor bedside manor but he has problems far beyond poor bedside manor. I've truly never witnessed such bizarre and crazy behavior from someone believed to be a professional. Dr. Winterton, after 15 years as a doctor maybe you'd realize that patients cancel sometimes and they certainly deserve a second opinion if they so desire. So maybe don't threaten your patients with legal binding medical documents when they simply ask you for an X-ray, MRI or bloodwork before cutting back into them! Thank you for making my decision so easy to never come near you again!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Dr. Winterton was eager to get me into surgery rather than do an MRI or physical therapy. Nor did he suggest lifestyle changes (such as losing weight or exercise). He performed a knee scope and I felt worse after the surgery. Even with exercise and physical therapy it took me 6 months to feel almost normal again. He was very unkind, condescending, and abrupt. I have since switched to another surgeon who recently did a 2nd scope on the same knee and he confirmed that Dr. Winterton was very aggressive and removed more than he needed to. Because of that, I am worse off than I should be. I highly recommend avoiding Dr. Winterton and finding another doctor.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

Dr. Winterton did a wonderful job fixing my ankle. I had major ligament repair/reconstruction and three months after surgery I was back on my feet. Now 8 months out I am cycling, lifting, and practicing Tae Kwon Do and Jiu Jitsu again. I wasn't too concerned with a surgeon holding my hand after surgery or being chatty with me in the office. I wanted a surgeon that knew what he was doing and knew how to fix my problem...and he did both. I would recommend him anytime. Remember surgeons are in the business of fixing your broken bodies and don't have all the time in the world to hold your hands.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

Horrible doctor!!!! Every time I go in for an appointment I wait at least 45 minutes to an hour to see the doctor. What is the point of making an appointment at a certain time only to wait a long time. The staff is super unorganized. The doctor barely even spends more than 5 minutes with you and will charge you a huge doctor fee to see him. I had one appointment where he only saw me literally for 2 minutes and charge me a lot of money. He always seems in a rush and is going from patient to patient. He really doesn't spend the necessary time with you to help you. Honestly I made a huge mistake not researching a good doctor before going to this doctor for my shoulder orthoscopic surgery.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2013

Dr. Winterton is knowledgeable and appears to be a skilled surgeon. However, his in office post-op care leaves a lot to be desired. He is quick and abrupt, even condescending. Immediately after surgery, when speaking to my family, he told them he "did not have time to explain to you what it took me fifteen years to learn." I was given cortisone injections at a post-op visit and was not given any instructions concerning the injections by Dr. Winterton. His MA told me to expect relief within 6 hours. Instead, I was in exquisite pain for 48 hours after the injections, which I was told later by the physical therapist is normal. I wish Dr. Winterton had told me this while he was performing the injections rather than trying to sell me his "essential oils" which come from a multilevel marketing company associated with NuSkin. (He pushed these "essential oils" at every single visit.) I would not recommend Dr. Winterton, unless you're interested in multilevel marketing.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012

Dr. Paul W. Winterton's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1993)

Sask Health