Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Hulstyn

Best orthopedic doc in state!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

I had an ACL reconstruction done with Dr Hulstyn about 4 months back. He is knowledgeable, has very good bedside manners and an excellent staff. He takes time to explain and address your questions. My surgery was great and I have recovered pretty good so far. He recommended physical therapist (Tom) for me who is equally great. There is just one thing that bothered me and that was the wait time, most of the times (unless the first appt in the morning), I had to wait anywhere between 30 to 60 minutes which is quite a bit. But overall a great orthopedic.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

Just got home from surgery of meniscus. So far everything went great. My husband and I thought Dr. Hulstyn as knowledgeable. Caring and took the time to talk to both of us and explain everything. I came to this Dr after gong to someone else. The reason I changed to Dr Hulstyn was because I had first gone to a Dr whose office was like going to a drive through fast food, So if you want TLC and a true professionsal see Sr H. His assistant was efficient and both offices Providece and Eg were wonderful.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2012

Excellent orthopedic physician. Has done 2 surgeries on 2 of our children, making a house call on Thanksgiving and not charging us for a follow up visit when we didn't have health insurance. Excellent knowledge, caring, and what a physician should be.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2009

Great surgeon, good bedside manner, took the time to explain my surgery (torn ACL and meninscus) and possible outcomes/recovery time. Surgery was without complications and recovery was just as predicted. Definitely recommend this true professional.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2009

PUNCTUAL, COMPASSIONATE AND KNOWLEDGEABLE MEDIAL MINISCUS GREAT BEDSIDE MANOR AND CONCERN. HE sURGERY WENT SMOOTHLY, CAME BACK TO CHECK ON ME SEVERAL TIMES AND ALSO CALLED HOUSE AFTER RELEASE. OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS AND FRIENDS HAVE USED HIM FOR OTHER SURGERY..SHOULDER, ELBOW AND KNEE. A DEFINITE RECOMMEND

flag | Submitted February 4, 2009

This docter is the best ! i was refered to him by the er staff and RI Hospital and would use him again.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2008

Clinically superb surgeon ! Cares about his patients and listens well...explains things thoroughly and is first rate all around !

flag | Submitted December 19, 2007

Dr. Michael J. Hulstyn's Credentials

• Dutch

• Brown University Program In Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Commercial Insurance Company