Ratings for Dr. Lewis D. Lipscomb

Dr Lipscomb has great bedside manner and is very knowledgable. He is an excellent physician!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Left another Dr. who wasn't addressing my issues (and didn't seem to care). Dr. Lipscomb took the time to listen and explore possibilities to what was causing my pain. Years later continue to see him. He's great and I recommend him to all my friends.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

Referred for transvaginal ultrasound because Lipscomb thought he felt "something" during a pelvic exam I really didn't want or need (there for oral contraceptive refill). What he felt was my backward tipped uterus which is incredibly common in women generally and well documented in my files (i.e. he didn't bother to read or think). Getting raped by a transducer is not fun but this was all treated as costless...no apology. And at the end of this ordeal, I am informed that he (Lipscomb) won't be prescribing oral contraceptives anymore (let's be honest...that was the entire reason for the visit). This all goes to show just how pointless and unreliable pelvic exams really are. Of course when the doctor making the mistake benefits from same...

Submitted November 28, 2013

I first saw Dr. Lipscomb at Womancare. He was very professional and amazing during delivery. I was glad when he opened his own practice as many of the other MDs at Womancare were terrible and very unprofessional. His new staff is wonderful, caring and knowledgable.,he gets to the root of problems not just throwing pills at you. He is priceless!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2013

Wonderful man! Wonderful doctor, I would recommend him to family and friends.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012

Dr Lipscomb is nice at first...I liked him when delivering my daughter. And THEN I had an ectopic and incredible pain and he treated me for bowel problems??He came to my hospital room after surgery and said I was a liar about how long another doc was in my room, and then held my hand and said he just wanted to be trusted. This guy is CRAZY! I wouldn't trust him with my dog. He's very emotional don't leave your reproductive health in his hands. If he's just delivering a baby he does fine. If you have an emergency or surgery..look out. His fellow staff also failed me by missing an horrible infection and bladder/uti infection. Funny my records said my wounds were clean, and 1 month later, I'm still battling infections. I've been in the ER 3 times from a simple surgery. Dr Helman and Dr Lipscomb shouldn't be allowed to practice medicine.

Submitted June 25, 2010

Dr. Lipscomb delivered my baby. When I was pregnant and had to visit all the doctors in the practice, he was my least favorite because I thought he was a bit goofy. But in the delivery room he was great and made me completely comfortable. He is now my favorite and would recommend him to anyone. He has great bedside manner, but his nurse does not. I'll be happy when she retires, because she can be a bit antagonistic in my opinion. Also, make sure to make your appointments at Womancare first thing in the AM or after lunch, otherwise you'll be waiting...

flag | Submitted September 17, 2009

I have been going to womancare since i was 14 years old (25 now) and I absolutely love Dr. Lipscomb. My only complaint is the back office staff. Overall they are very rude on the phone and told me I would be considered self-pay ($200 for a physical) since I did not have my insurance card on me, which they had SCANNED in their system. There was a brief lapse in my insurance, which was quickly corrected and I was assured by the insurance company that the lapse would be treated as if it never happened. Because I could not provide the physical copy of the card, they refused to let me be seen. Womancare has gotten a little too big for their britches and I am sad to say that I will now be looking for a better office where ALL employees treat patients fairly and kindly. Love Dr. Lipscomb; it is Womancare as a whole that I have a problem with.

Submitted August 26, 2009

Dr. Lewis D. Lipscomb's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Winston-Salem, NC