Ratings for Dr. April Barbour

I have been going to Dr. Barbour for years, she is personable, compassionate , cares about her patients, and extremely knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Dr. Barbour IGNORED my letter, omplainting of rude and indiferent treatment by her Internist group last February My letter below (sent February 24, 2011) Dear Dr. Barbour I am writing to complain about my indifferent, rude, and unprofessional treatment today as a “new patient”.I am suffering from serious hypertension and had a reading of 160 over 110 today (which I related to your staff). The staff had mischeduled me and would not allow me access to my primary care provider, in spite of my condition. I was told my PCP (Dr. Reenivasan) could not give me any medication since she did not have my health statistics. I was told that the ‘best option” would be to go to the emergency room to get some medicine to “tide me over.” This is very frustrating, since I did go to Suburban Hospital’s emergency room and was told to see my PCP. I was very uset, and told them I was concerned for my health and scared of having a stroke. I felt the staff was very indifferent to me. DON'T GO HERE!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

Dr. Barbour has been my PCP for over 5 years, but I have never met her. I have scheduled appointment specifically on days when she is in the office, but she has never taken the time to come see me. She was also the PCP for my sister and my mother. My mother went to her with loss of hearing and balance problems, which Dr. Barbour chalked up to old age. After a second opinion and a round of tests, it turned out that my mother had a brain tumor. Dr. Barbour, you are officially fired!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2010

Found Dr. Barbour to be more concerned with keeping costs down than patient care.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2010

Dr. Barbour was my PCP for several years, but I saw her only once at my very first appointment. She was never available to see me again, even when I was in need of urgent assistance. Every time I tried to make an appointment, I was scheduled to come in one or two months later (by that time I would use the services of any other available doctor). When I recently called her office again, I was told that I am now considered a new patient since I have not visited her office in the past two years! For obvious reasons, I am not going back.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2009

I am not a fan of GWU in general (the staff are often rude, appointments can run really late, etc) but I have stayed because I really like Dr. Barbour. She is attentive, quick to respond via their patient online system, and treats patients respectively. It's very busy there, and I realize the docs often don't have a lot of time, but Dr. Barbour really tries to give you all her attention. I'm not too keen on having to see the medical students there, although some of them have not been too bad. The patient online system is very nice, and I like how Dr. Barbour always makes sure you get hard copies of lab and test results mailed to your house. She is generally easy to reach via telephone. Overall, I would highly recommend her as a physician. Her best quality is that she doesn't patronize and if she doesn't know something, she will tell you.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

Dr. April Barbour's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)