Ratings for Dr. Neil Allen

Neil Allen is the best neurologist I have seen in all my 74 years. He isn't bound by the rules imposed on health care providers from the large Health Care Corporate Systems. He is independent of any corporate control. That is to say, doctor Allen will give you what ever time it takes for your visit. Not the fifteen minute rush job where the doctor never touches the patient and only types notes into a computer. Doctor Allen will truly become involved with your medical problem and give you the correct diagnosis, because he and his staff are concerned about the well being of people. I am particularly pleased with him because he prevented me from having unnecessary surgery. During my exam he even had two assistants come into the exam room to verify his results. I went to him for a second opinion before surgery. And, to my surprise his opinion completely disagreed with my first neurologist and surgeon; saving me the loss of pain, recovery time and stress. I could have spent the entire summer recovering from unnecessary surgery. Doctor Allen's easy to understand explanation of his examination results made it possible for me to know which doctor to believe. He communicates well with his patients. If I ever need a neurologist again he will be THE neurologist I go to.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

I saw him for head injury and would not recommend him to anyone !!!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

I did not find him very interested in help, seeded more interest in referral s

flag | Submitted October 25, 2014

I have seen Dr. Allen for four years and am confident in his diagnosis and treatment. I often research my symptoms and come prepared with questions. He answers accurately with ease and is open to trying new medications. He spells out the potential side effects and is available to answer simple questions over the phone. He is very direct which, at first, was somewhat intimidating but I have since grown comfortable with his style and feel secure under his watch. If you are willing to hear the truth and follow a treatment plan in a no nonsense manor, Dr. Allen is the Doctor for you, I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

This had to be the WORST experience I have ever had with a doctor. There is suspicion that I have MS. Dr. Allen was recommended to me by someone I trust. They had my test results for two weeks with ZERO response. After 8 phone calls, they finally found my results and when he finally got around to calling me back, his curt attitude on the phone was the most disheartening doctor/patient phone call I have ever had. He did not even know why he was calling me - I was asked "What can I do for you?" and when he didn't explain specifically what the test results said and I asked for further explanation and what my next steps were, be abruptly told me he had to go and hung up on me! I have MORE questions than ever now, I have no explanation as to why I am having the issues that I'm having and have been left with anxiety and panic attacks because of his attitude and rudeness. Perhaps it is time he retires and my quest for answers and a proper and PROFESSIONAL neurologist continues.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

Neil Allen is an extraordinary physician, in the best sense of the word. He is VERY smart, caring, knowledgeable and, having "been around the block" a few times, able to be creative in diagnosing and prescribing. His no nonsense style is, perhaps, not for all, and his staff is something less than a well-oiled machine.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012

I had an appointment with the Dr. on Jan. 7 2010, after waiting 3 to 4 days I heard nothing. Today is Jan 26, 2010 and I have not spoken to a Dr. yet. After calling the answering service8 to 10 times finally a operator told me that my EEG was normal. Now the answering service is handling my medical information. This is apalling.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2010

Dr. Allen is an unusual Dr. but probably one of the smartest around. He ordered what seemed like a strange test for me, and instead, it lead to my diagnosis and treatment. He doesn't only look inside the box and he is definitely someone you would want on your case. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2009

Very thorough examination. Did 2 additional tests and got to the cause of the problem. I am thoroughly satisfied, and highly recommend this physician.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2008

This doctor did some kind of "adjustment" to my back, and I screamed in pain. Then, he had the nerve to do it again. Dr. Allen made my back worse! He had no business treating my back like that. That was way too aggressive for me (someone with Autoimmune Diseases)! When I told him that his "adjustment" was too rough, he replied "no pain, no gain." I went to him because I had two numb toes and other symptoms. Please beware of this doctor!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2007

Dr. Neil Allen's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1965)