Ratings for Dr. Ashkan Ghavami

Dr ghavami and his entire staff are amazing, my entire process was very smooth starting the consultation and into surgery. One of his nurses called me the following day after surgery to check in with which gave me peace of mind knowing I was not alone.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2016

Had a primary rhinoplasty with Dr. Ghavami. VERY UNHAPPY WITH MY RESULTS. I talked about and gave inspiration for the type of features I wanted in my nose asked about what my limitations were for me specifically, my results were completely realistic ACCORDING to Dr. Ghavami during our pre-surgery consultations. In fact, he kept saying that the inspiration photo/look I showed him, that the tip was too boxy and that he would give me an even better nose. I don't think he even listened to what I was saying, because he just wanted to quickly finish and hop onto the next patient. I asked for a very realistic, nature result. Very slight narrowing of the top and nostril, even if it looked a little boxy so that it would have a natural shape. Now, my nose looks VERY VERY VERY artificial. Dr. Ghavami shaved down my nasal bone/height so now my nose looks curved and not straight like it used t and I NEVER asked to have the height of my nasal bone lowered. The only thing that I can do now is put cartilage in a revision surgery to build up the height but the BONE can not be put back obviously. My tip looks pinched in and the shape of the tip of the nostril looks very artificial. Especially from oblique and profile view, completely out of balance with my features/face. Just because Dr. Ghavami is a "celebrity plastic surgeon" known to work with celebrities, does not mean he is GOOD with REAL, average joe patients. It seems like he's only interested in doing his best work if you are a) a celebrity/public figure b) if you sign up to release your photos and videos of your procedure for his use. I do plan on making a YOUTUBE video to document my review, my post-op and pre-op nose where you can see such a starking difference with the tip shape and NASAL bone that has been shaved down. After I expressed my displeasure, post-op, Dr. Ghavami kept telling me to wait and wait to see results (which I understand is natural). However, a year later my procedure in my post-op consultation, he was just like due to your ethnic nose there is only so much you can do, etc etc and for your nasal bone, I suggest a filler (UH, NO thank you, don't want to be injecting my nose with fillers every 6 months) and basically he just seemed to want to get the post-op consultation over with. He kept ignoring the fact of me mentioning to him that I never asked for my nasal bone height to be shaved down. Dr. Ghavami is just arrogant and I was foolish to believe that arrogance to equal SKILL, and a quality of a good surgeon. Dr. Ghavami is only interested in giving his time, skill to A-listers and celebrity patients as he receives more publicity, and clients. Will be doing thorough research for my revision. I would HIGHLY recommend that you do your research BEFORE going to Dr. Ghavami and don't let his "I can do this is. I can do a better job than this. I'll give you a fantastic nose" speech and the fact that he's been featured on TV into thinking he will actually listen and give you good results.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

I had a consultation with Dr. Ghavami just 2 days ago for a Mommy Makeover. The atmosphere in his office is pleasant and welcoming from the moment I walked in. I was greeted by Ren, who works in the front office and had scheduled my appointment. She was informative and very sweet. I was also in and out in the exact amount of time I was told I would be, which is always nice. Dr. Ghavami was warm, charming and made me feel relaxed right away. Smart and skilled, you can see why he is in such high demand. I had been to 7 other doctors before seeing him, all of whom wanted to leave me with more scars for my requested procedures. Much to my very pleasant surprise, Dr. Ghavami explained why that wouldn't be necessary. He got to the point and answered all of my questions. I felt secure that he would take the best care of me while giving me top notch service. I then met with Sadaf, who went over what to expect after the procedures. She was just as warm and lovely as well! I did not, for one second, feel any less important than say, any of his celebrity clients might. I left the consultation feeling inspired and 100% positive that he was the Surgeon for me. I can't want to get my work done!!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

I got my rhinoplasty 6 weeks before my wedding. ALL my girlfriends called me crazy but Dr. Ghavami said that it was possible to do (although he did tell me that those will not be my permanent results). I put my trust in him and he delivered! Both Dr. and staff are all very knowledgeable and I definitely recommend him over any plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills!!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

This Dr is an arrogant person I ever met all he wants is your money! At first is all nice then when he gets your money forget all about nice , oh but he is not like that when you have money but if u dont have that much money he acts really stupid with you ,

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Its obvious this surgeon is practicing on some of his patients. My mom had rhinoplasty done by him. Shes been stressed out because her nose looks terrible and she now has breathing problems. Dr Ghavami told her she looks great. Something is terrible wrong with this doctor and his staff can be a bit rude!. The ratings on his web site are almost 5⭐i wonder WHY! Im writing this because my mom is to kind hearted to speak negative of him in public or on the web. She feels god will reveal him.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

For a long time I wanted to fix a few things about my nose. I was finally ready to consider this procedure and I immediately found Dr. Ghavami per a recommendation from a friend. I spent a few weeks viewing his website and looking at the photo galleries. I wanted something natural, and soft that was individual to my concerns, my desired results, and me. Dr. Ghavami and his staff did exactly that! I never felt uneasy or unsure about his skills and recommendations. This doctor has amazing skills, but more so, he has a talent to understand facial dimensions that are independent to each patient. He made recommendations to me that I wouldn't have considered, for example a chin implant and minor cheek fat transfer. The results are wonderful and balanced. I recently went to my one-year post op appointment and looked at some before pictures; the results are more amazing when doing comparisons. He goes above and beyond and his love for this kind of work is evident in the results that I achieved. I can’t speak highly enough about Dr. Ghavami and his team. They are welcoming, knowledgeable, professional, caring, patient, and supportive. This team is incredible, and unassuming. My experience was seamless from beginning to end. From the initial consultation, to follow up consultations, to the day of, to post opt visits, to the healing process, and now to the one-year post operation. I never felt apprehensive. The front desk staff is considerate and accommodating, the office manager is wonderful, the nurses are patient and caring, and Dr. Ghavami is one of the best. I can’t thank them enough for all they did for me, year round.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

He is only motivated by money. His staff are not that friendly. they want $350.00 for the first visit to see the doctor. $175.00 is due before you even set foot in his office and the other $175.00 is due once you come in. based on what I red. I will stay a way!!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

STAY AWAY FROM GHAVAMI I got my revision done with Dr. Ghavami in august 2014, (only mistake I made was that I rushed, and made my decision so quickly…I wish I had done some research  ) the only concern I had with my old nose was that it was long and ghavami assured me that he cud fix that and will give me the result I want. BUT He made my nose looking too bulky as you could see in my pix.. my whole nose is different now, It is wider and big now, my tip looks so bulky and looks like snogged into my face..i feel like my nose is soo pushed down like an alien look  …he knows that he messed up my nose and he told me that he will do another revision to fix my nose with no additional cost or he will give me my money back (Which was a lie which he denied later) ...he also said that I should start contorting my nose with makeup so I can cover my nose till the next surgery…This was the time when I decided that I want my refund back and his staff (ROSE his wife who is his office assistant) said that she is not giving me my money back and if I want to go for revision I have to pay additional $4000 more ……… I've been so depressed for the past year. I have pretty much hidden from everyone. he has really ruined the last year of my life. He has taken all my self-esteem. I don’t usually write reviews or post my pics but if my one review can stop at least one person from going to Ghavami, I will be happy. I also like warn other people to drop your thoughts even consulting with him

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

I had a rhinoplasty eat with Dr Ghavami are year ago now and he completely botched my nose and face. I feel like I've lost a year of my life. He completely stone my self esteem. I wanted a minor things done and he just did what he wanted and end made it look worse. He not only changed my nose but he smashed it down pressing my lips down and changing my whole lower face and smile. I'm now seeing other doctors for a revision rhinoplasty. When I've spoken to him about this and I tell him I now cannot breathe and I hate my nose he told me that it looks great and I need to breathe slower. he has the worst bedside manner have any doctor I've ever met. I feel like he only cares about money. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Submitted June 10, 2015