Dr. Samuel S. Mendicino

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Samuel S. Mendicino

I was referred to Dr. M. by my orthopedist. He carefully assessed my condition, tried non-operative options, and when they failed performed surgery. He was there at every step and informed me of the risks and what to expect before surgery. Fortunately I healed without problems but was aware of what could go right or wrong. Definitely recommend.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Just be careful that he doesn't charge you what he didn't perform. I just went one time in order to figure it out.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

Dr. Samuel S. Mendicino

Dr. Samuel S. Mendicino's response
Our practice does not charge for activities we did not perform. If you feel charges were incorrect, please feel free to contact the office. We would be more than happy to explain your charges or if we were in error refund any mistakes.

Submitted March 21, 2018

Dr. Sam was down to earth and explained everything to me in terms a lay person could understand. He helped with a problem that others could not. Good doctor and office.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Love Dr. Mendicino and can't sing his praises enough. I have come in to see him for a few issues such as heel pain and broken toe and each time it is a pleasure. He takes the time to really listen to you instead of looking at your chart and rushing you out the door like most doctors which is why I recommended him to my mom. She agrees if you need the best of the best look no further then Dr. Mendo, you won't be disappointed.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

I injured myself while running and searched for a doctor who wasn't far and could see me soon. I came across Dr. Sam and so glad I did! He was wonderful, very friendly and offered tips of runner stretches I could do to avoid further injury. Cross my fingers I won't have a reason to see him but if I should will book immediately! Thank you for everything

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Dr. Mendicino was very professional and personable which put me at great ease. He took the time to explain my condition and ways to prevent the strain I placed on my foot due to daily activities. A good friend referred him, however I still wanted to do my own research and was blown away by his credentials. Although there are other podiatrists in my area it was well worth the drive to see Dr. Mendicino! I will certainly see him again for future foot and ankle injuries.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Mendicino 's office. I was referred to him by another podiatrist because of complications of a surgery performed by someone else. I had been in pain for years. Dr. Mendicino was straight forward, to the point, and honest about correcting my problem. After explaining the risk I had surgery and now my pain is gone. His entire staff was helpful and supportive and would recommend him/them highly.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

with such great knowledge, you would think he would have a better support team,, his nurse is so bad ,,always rushing, you on and off the x-ray machine,, almost pushing you into the next room ,,and they will not bring themselves to clip you toe nails while there,,, is that not part of foot and ankle service. while he explained every thing , he would not take any comments that were negative of his work.. he needs to review his work ethics toward his job and patients... come back to earth and remember that the people need to be able to talk to their doctor when a problem and not use his nurse to block him from talking to them... no matter what...

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Dr. Mendicino is a wonderful doctor. He is knowledgable and explains everything in lay trms. He solved a problem of mine that 3 other doctors failed to even diagnose. His staff was friendly and supportive.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

The office staff when I called never kept me on hold and I had an appointment within 2 days. Dr. Mendo (what people call him) did a second opinion and had me hold off surgery and now Iam better. Glad I went!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

Dr. Samuel S. Mendicino's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Mendicino has been in practice since 1985 and is board certified in foot and ankle surgery by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery(ABFAS). He has served as the President of the ABFAS, a member of its' Board of Directors, residency training and examination committees. He serves as the Board's examination chairman and has served as an oral examiner. He is a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons and is active in several of the College's committees and functions. Dr. Mendicino has served as chairman of the Surgical Skills and Annual National Scientific Seminar committees and is an instructor at many of the College's Surgical Skills Courses. He is a past president of the Texas Podiatric Medical Association and has been published in several scientific texts and journals. Dr. Mendicino recently completed 2 terms of the Chairman of the Department of Surgery at West Houston Medical Center. Dr. Mendicino has been involved in post graduate medical education for over 30 years. His the director of residency and fellowship training at West Houston Medical Center's Podiatric Medical and Surgical Residency Program and its Fellowship in Reconstructive Ankle and Foot Surgery. He has been active in international education and has demonstrated surgical procedures or lectured to orthopedic, podiatric, and trauma surgeons in Germany, Austria, Italy, and Lebanon. He lectures at local, state, and international surgical conferences. Dr. Mendicino provides non-surgical care as well as perform elective, traumatic, arthroscopic, endoscopic, pediatric, and reconstructive surgery of the foot and ankle. He has completed specialized training in advanced nerve decompression for the treatment of lower extremity neuropathy and total ankle joint replacement.

• English
  • Spanish

• Dr. William M. Scholl College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1983)
  • University of Pittsburgh (Grad. 1979)