Ratings for Dr. Brian N. Carter

Dr. Carter has been my family physician for 16 years. He is an excellent diagnostician, is very kind, and always answers all my questions. He treats me as an informed partner in my own healthcare. I have been through several bouts of very serious health problems, and he has made me feel safe in his care. I have never met a more caring or well trained primary care physician. There is no one better than Dr. Carter.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

WE HAVE BEEN GOING TO DR. CARTER FOR SEVERAL YEARS. HE HAS MISDAIGNOSED TOO MANY HEALTH ISSUES LATELY AND WE ARE CURRENTLY SEARCHING FOR A DIFFERENT DOCTOR. ALSO, THE STAFF THERE SEEMS TO BE CLUELESS MUCH OF THE TIME. THEY ARE VERY POOR AT RETURNING CALLS AND SEEM TO "LOSE" RESULTS QUITE OFTEN. DR. CARTER SEEMS VERY MUCH IN A HURRY TO GET OUT OF THE EXAM ROOM TOO. DISSATISFIED.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

Not happy with my two visits with Dr. Carter. Mostly because of his Nurse and his rushed manner. His RN, Lynn, was horrible. She barely acknowledged my presence, I had to figure out her name by looking at her name tag, she stuck a thermometer in the ear I had an infection in because she wouldn't SPEAK to me so I could tell her my symptoms, I had to ask for my vital signs, she was very short with me when I would try to get information, etc. Dr. Carter is very nice, but he has only spent about 4-5 min. each visit with me, doesn't ask if I have questions for him and rushes me out the door. I am not a picky person or one that requires a lot of time, but to not really get ANY time, care or concern from the RN or the MD is really discouraging. I won't be going back. Going to a Doctor is expensive and I want my money's worth. Granger Family Medicine is not the place to provide that at all. Very disappointing and Lynn would probably be better in a different profession.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

Dr. Carter has a great bedside manner and is absolutely wonderful with my kids. He answers all of my questions in terms I can understand and seems willing to listen to everything that I have to say. He's usually pretty close to on time, though I can sometimes sense that he's rushing a bit when we get to see him. We have had a few issues with the office staff 'forgetting' to get messages to him or his nurse and not returning phone calls so that I feel like I have to hassle them to get the answers I need, though they're very friendly. I'm overall happy with this provider though I wish that I could get the office personnel to cooperate more.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2007

Dr. Brian N. Carter's Credentials

• Univ Of Nv Sch Of Med, Reno Nv 89557 (Grad. 1998)

Champva