Ratings for Dr. Marni J. Sanders

Ive seen her twice. Both times put me in Tears Doesn't treat you like a human. Spends less than a minute with you while giving you big news. Terrible bedside manner.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

I have gone to this doctor for years out of necessity only. I was never crazy about her personality or bedside manner, but stayed with her because she had all my records and I liked that she was affiliated with LIJ. She is very cold and it seems like she really doesn't care much about you or anything you have to say. I had been going to her because I didn't have another doctor to go to, but something finally happened that caused me to leave. I went for a routine mammogram (that she sent me for) and they found a lump in my breast. Subsequently, I needed to have a surgical biopsy. The doctor NEVER ONCE called me to find out how I was doing after the biopsy or called me with my biopsy or mammogram results. I called her office several times over the course of a few days to get my results to see if I had CANCER or NOT! Not once did she get on the phone with me or return my call. Instead, I was made to wait over a week to find out whether or not I had breast cancer and here is the best part- They sent me a letter in the mail to let me know that my biopsy was benign! Thanks a lot! I wasn't even worth a phone call to let me know whether or not I had BREAST CANCER?! I had to worry about this for almost a week longer than I should have and they couldn't even give me the common courtesy of a phone call to tell me whether or not I had CANCER! I had to get my results from my radiology office where I had the mammogram done and they were appalled that I had not once heard from the doctor. I have worked in the medical field for 15 years and have never seen a doctor with a poorer bedside manner or concern for their patients. This was the last straw for me. I will be going elsewhere from now on. Don't settle like I did. I should have known better, but I will never go back there again.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

I appreciate reading these other comments that bring to light how terrible this doctor Marni Sanders is. That has indeed been my feeling about her for the 3 years I've been going to this practice. Avoid her! Not bc she wants you to (yep - you will get those vibes from her!) but because it will be good for you to avoid her and all her insults! I hope she's on vacation when I deliver.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

Saw her twice during my pregnancy - once in office, when she neglected to tell me some test results concerning my pregnancy that were very important (one of her colleagues called and explained them) and then in the hospital after delivery - when she couldn't be bothered to wait for me to get out of the bathroom to look at an oozing and inflamed incision. I'm sorry that me being a patient is infringing on your social life.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

I had dr sanders an hour before she was coming off her shift at hospital . iwas in active labor and ready to push and she seemed totally apathetic! She had her hair down as if ready to go on a date nd proceeded o talk and laugh with the nurses. I started to push and of course this being my first I wasn't good at it. She then said in a condescending tone. Look if you don't wanna do this we will have to use the vacuum. Really? That's what you say when I'm scared to death? Her attitude was disgusting and unprofessional. Then an angel appeared. Dr Duncan walked in and took over. People say she's cold but I don't care. She did her job. She was focused and the nurses cheered me on. I was infuriated with sanders!! Ugh. If I have a second I may switch practices if she's there. Just in case she's on call when I deliver. I hope she enjoyed her night out because it was obvious she was hoping i won't deliver on her shift! Thank god I didn't -insert choice words here-

flag | Submitted August 24, 2013

I went to see Dr. Sanders for my first OB visit after finding out I was pregnant. While knowledgeable, she barely spent any time with me and rushed through the entire appt. She was kind of rough with the exam also. I was just hoping for more being that this is my first pregnancy and I'm terrified.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2011

I went to Marni Sanders to specifically reduce my blood flow from my mensus as I had just gotten out of the hospital for acute anemia. Dr. Sanders put me on Femcon and my menstruation became heavier than I had ever experienced in my life. I called Dr. sanders and her reccomendation was to increase the dose. I clearly thought this was irresponsible as I had just been given a blood transfusion two weeks earlier and could not risk any more unnecessary bleeding. Dr. Sanders was confrontational on the phone and unprofessional to say the least. I went elsewhere and found a doctor with more experience and responsibility. My personal feeling is that Dr. Sanders was not just unprofessional, but also unstable.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

I was a new patient coming in for a problem and dr sanders came highly recommended. But when I got there, she refused to see me unless I had my previous medical records. I waited an hour to see her and when she finally saw me, she wasnt much help. I'm looking for someone else

flag | Submitted January 17, 2011

I liked Dr. Sanders my only issue was that she spoke too fast for me lol however she was very knowledgeable and very comforting.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2010

Dr. Marni J. Sanders's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1998)

Top Urgent Care Centers in New Hyde Park, NY