Ratings for Dr. Cornell M. Cohen

Dr Cohen is NOT a good cardiologist. My husband had a stress test and we could not get an appointment to see Dr. Cohen for 1 month. They kept rescheduling because he was not going to be in on day of appointment. Finally after 3 months we finally get to see Dr. Cohen and he tells us that the stress test showed my husband had a MAJOR heart attack and needs to go immediately to the cath lab. We asked why didn't you or someone call us sooner? Dr Cohen's answer was that he is too busy to read every report and relies on his staff to do so. Turns out that the angiogram was negative, thank God, and the doctor told us that the doctor that read the stress test read it WRONG! OMG My husband could have died had this been a true heart attack because of Dr. Cohen. If you care about yourself, or your loved one, DO NOT go to this doctor. He is a jerk. Many people I know left him because he missed so many signs.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

I could have died because of this man. My health ins. Lapsed. I was unable to make an office visit and had jonprescriptions left for my 2 BP/ heart medications. One evening my rose extremely high which was considered anhupertensive crisis. I called the after hrs. Emergency # explaining my situation. He is not my Dr. But apparently was on call that night. He returned my call . I asked if he could call to the pharmacy to give me a temporary on refill on my meds and he refused. He said I needed to be seen which was not possible at that moment.. I seriously ciuld have had a strok or worse. My husband rushed me to the ER. They took good care of me at LIJ in Bayshore.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Dr Cohen does not work many days during the month. Maybe 3 or 4. So it is very hard to get an appointment to see him. Plus he is very hard to get hold of when you leave a message. His staff is very rude. If he is not in office much, and you cannot get an appointment, what are you supposed to do if you run out of your medication? They will not renew unless you see him. If you can't see him because they have NO appointments, how do you get your renewals? Not very comforting to know you can't get an apt to see Dr. Cohen for a few months. Plus, they won't make an appt. more than a month because they don't know his schedule more than a month. It's a no win situation. He knows, and just laughs and says there is nothing he can do.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2014

Office staff is very rude! Each time you go they have a huge turnover. This doctor will not renew prescriptions over the phone you have to make an appt to see him and he is not in the office alot so you must wait at least a month or 2 before seeing him and the wait in waiting room is over an hour. He was told about his staff but it didn't seem to bother him. I will not be going back to him - there are so many cardios around. Don't waste your time.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

Dr.Cohen is the best cardiologist you will ever meet. He is extremely patient,explains everything and goes over it again and again until you understand what he said, you never feel rushed. He spends ALOT of time with you. Goes over your entire medical history. Talks very slowly. He doesn't let you leave until he is satisfied that you understand everything he said and he doesn't push meds on you unless you really need them. He is also very knowledgeable and can ask him anything. He is the last of the best doctors you will ever meet.We had gone to another cardio practice (Suffolk Heart)nearby and they wanted to do procedures and tests and meds that we did not feel comfortable with.We were highly recommended to see Dr. Cohen and glad we went.All of the procedures and meds the other cardio practice wanted to do were not needed and in fact Dr.Cohen said would have been a big mistake.He makes you feel like 'family' and he is always reachable by phone - he is a real gem in the cardio world.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2012

He is excellant. He help save my fathers life after his own doctor left him for dead. Dr. Cohen took time to explain everything to us. He never left the room until we were done with all our questions. He made sure that we didnt need anything else before he left. Not like other doctors who cant wait to get out of the room. He spoke very honestly about everything. I felt that he did care about my father and was committed to doing what he needed to help him. My family loved him. Dont look any further if your looking for a doctor and are not sure of which to choose you just found him.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2009

Dr. Cornell M. Cohen's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1994)