You may also like

Rate Dr. Joy B. Chastain

Dr. Joy B. Chastain's Ratings

I've seen Dr. Chastain and her group several times in the past several years for anything from acne and moles to laser and cosmetic procedures. Everyone is always incredibly polite and knowledgeable. I feel completely at ease seeing Dr. Chastain or any of the nurses there. Her team constantly keeps me in the know and up to date. I definitely recommend Dr. Chastain and her awesome team to everyone I know.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2879682].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Had a squamous cell carcinoma, removed on April 6, 2015 . The appointment scheduling, information mailing and pre procedure instructions were all handled efficiently and completely. On the day of the surgery ( by electrodesiccation & curettage), the wait from appointment time was 5 minutes. Ashley and Melissa performed the procedure and were pleasant, informative , professional , and knowledgeable. Answererd all my questions and consise in their post surgery instructions and the following steps for followup.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2768375].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

I didn't even make it past Abby the one who answered the phone. She was awful. She was sacastic and rude. I've heard good things about the doctor but if this is what I would have to deal with upon calling the office each time, I think I will keep looking.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624249].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

I never actually saw Dr. Chastain, but I did see several PAs at the office. Time was never taken to look at the health concerns I had, and communication was terrible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2519910].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2014

Great office! Staff is always helpful! Yes you do occasionally have to wait in the waiting room but I chalk that up to how good they are! When you're good you're in demand!!! :)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2512753].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

Have been to her as a patient 4 or 5 times for skin rashes or moles. Maybe once had to wait 45 minutes, but usually no more than 20 minutes. The staff is a lot more outgoing than a few years ago, but I've never had anything other than a good experience. Dr C is very smart and sweet to anyone who is not hostile to begin with. Often wonder about the type of people who write scathing reviews. The problem is certainly not with Dr C.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2512215].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2014

I have been a loyal patient at this office for many years, but have recently seen a drastic drop in the level of patient (customer)service. I appreciate the knowledge of the staff, but feel very confident their knowledge level can be easily matched by another dermatological office. I would like to be considered more than an account number and a general inconvenience by the receiving staff. I believe it is time for me to look elsewhere...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2434245].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

I absolutely love the staff and it is always a wonderful experience. i was brought back on time and the nurses were extremely helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2434244].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

The WORST, most unprofessional staff I have ever seen!!! They were very rude and not nice. I would NEVER, EVER recommend this office to anyone....not even my worst enemy!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][939571].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

I have been to Dr. Chastain's office once and I will not return. I received lab work and was told they would get back to me within a few days. I was planning to leave the country soon and was reassured my medicine would be available before then. When the next week approached, I called to find my results, and was transferred to three different voicemails. The woman answering the phone was very impatient with me, even as I explained I was leaving the country within the next day and was told my medicine would be available beforehand. My mother called the office and explained the situation. They said they had my results and would call me that day. I never received a call before I left for my trip. It was impossible to get a real nurse on the phone who genuinely wanted to help. Also, I was very concerned about my biopsy results, as it could be serious, but the nurses did not seem to share the same concern for me or a willingness to help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][939569].votes_count ]]