Ratings for Dr. Joy B. Chastain

I have been seeing Dr. Chastain for a while now. I have always been satisfied with my visits whether for my annual skin checks or an occasional rash. Her whole team is awesome!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

The doctor herself was helpful and knowledgeable, however, their billing service is a nightmare! I paid a bill back in OCTOBER with proof of payment and they say “it is not yet paid” my bank has confirmed it has cleared to their office. The office was of no help in trying to understand but rathe simply, it isn’t paid yet...beyond frustrating! So unless your money is not important on how spent I would be careful!! The knowledge of skincare is on point but not the billing!!! It also took an extremely long time to be seen waited in the wait area for over 45min on a scheduled appt. the office person Heather was and is of no help but rather just sent me to their bank to clarify.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

I found Dr. Chastain to be a very thorough and impressive doctor. She took the time to listen to my past history and gave me excellent care. Her nursing staff and front office were very nice and helpful. I would recommend Dr. Chastain to my family and friends. Only waited about 15 minutes before I was called back. I feel good about my visit.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

I've seen Dr. Chastain and her group several times in the past several years for anything from acne and moles to laser and cosmetic procedures. Everyone is always incredibly polite and knowledgeable. I feel completely at ease seeing Dr. Chastain or any of the nurses there. Her team constantly keeps me in the know and up to date. I definitely recommend Dr. Chastain and her awesome team to everyone I know.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Had a squamous cell carcinoma, removed on April 6, 2015 . The appointment scheduling, information mailing and pre procedure instructions were all handled efficiently and completely. On the day of the surgery ( by electrodesiccation & curettage), the wait from appointment time was 5 minutes. Ashley and Melissa performed the procedure and were pleasant, informative , professional , and knowledgeable. Answererd all my questions and consise in their post surgery instructions and the following steps for followup.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

I didn't even make it past Abby the one who answered the phone. She was awful. She was sacastic and rude. I've heard good things about the doctor but if this is what I would have to deal with upon calling the office each time, I think I will keep looking.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

I never actually saw Dr. Chastain, but I did see several PAs at the office. Time was never taken to look at the health concerns I had, and communication was terrible.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2014

Great office! Staff is always helpful! Yes you do occasionally have to wait in the waiting room but I chalk that up to how good they are! When you're good you're in demand!!! :)

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

Have been to her as a patient 4 or 5 times for skin rashes or moles. Maybe once had to wait 45 minutes, but usually no more than 20 minutes. The staff is a lot more outgoing than a few years ago, but I've never had anything other than a good experience. Dr C is very smart and sweet to anyone who is not hostile to begin with. Often wonder about the type of people who write scathing reviews. The problem is certainly not with Dr C.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2014

I have been a loyal patient at this office for many years, but have recently seen a drastic drop in the level of patient (customer)service. I appreciate the knowledge of the staff, but feel very confident their knowledge level can be easily matched by another dermatological office. I would like to be considered more than an account number and a general inconvenience by the receiving staff. I believe it is time for me to look elsewhere...

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Dr. Joy B. Chastain's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)