Ratings for Dr. Rosaline Salo

My 14 year old daughter saw Dr Salo for anxiety. The Dr was very judgemental and assumed, that because of which high school she went to, our daughter was being a drama queen. My daughter had suffered from what I thought was a non epileptic seizure. I asked her if there was such a thing and she basically cut me off and said there was no such thing. After the "seizure " my daughter couldn't form her words properly and was told by Dr Salo that not to speak to her until she could speak to her properly. Incredibly rude and uncaring. My daughter left the office before the appointment ended and fled the building. I then got hauled into her office and was lectured for a further 15 minutes and was extremely worried about her safety. She ended up self harming. I was astounded by her attitude and would not recommend dr Salo at all!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

I saw her when I was maybe 14. Worst experience ever! I was having a rough time adjusting to my changing home life and depression and she basically said smarten up, or you'll be hooking on the street. My mom even heard this! Rude and condescending and should NOT be dealing with children and adolescents. Not helpful at all. Cold and mean.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

This doctor writes prescriptions and sends you packing. She shows no care or concern. After asking some questions regarding medication doses and showing her a little online research of my own, she told us we could deal with our family doctor and that she didn't want to see us again. NON supportive. Told me the issues I was having with my son were my parenting. Although she may be knowledgeable, she has bad manners and talks down to you. I wanted a doctor not a drug dealer. She gets a 0 from me.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2011

was a complete b***h towards me. i did not at all feel safe in her office. i know the truth needed to be told about stuff and that was fine but the whole thing where she didn't listen to me she really did frighten me when she started to say big words she made me feel bad as a person and should really die i came for help and thats what i got. personally i don't recament this dr at all. im 17 and came out for help and she was no help.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2011

dr salo was not a good dr at all, she switch my sons meds up and had no follow up, she was told about his change and that he was going into the hospital, she was contacted many times and never heard a responce back..it has caused much stress in my life as now my son has been put into foster care because of everything that happend when his meds changed..she has cause much stress on our lives..i thought dr were supposed to help you, not ignore your help when its needed

flag | Submitted February 18, 2011

Nasty, short tempered, and takes offence to discussing options. Lady before me left in tears.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2010

Really makes my son feel cared about. Always gives him positive feedback. Straight forward. A good match for us. My son feels safe and relaxed in her presence. Sets more time aside than any other Phychiatrist we have seen in the past. She is firm, but listens well, to thought out suggestions.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2010

She is a very rude arrogant physician! She has no ability to assess a youth's situation from an unbiased, respectful position. No other mental health professionals will work with her due to her rudeness and completely inappropriate manner! As a parent I would take my child to a vet before ever taking him to her again!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2010

Best for teens. very candid with them about the effects of their actions and the consequences - tells it the way it is!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2010

I took my 15yr old son there and each time we both felt as if we were being lectured. By the end of each session my son would be very upset and would have been better off never going into her office

flag | Submitted October 10, 2009