Ratings for Dr. JAMES L. Hartje

Dr Hartje diagnosed me when I was thirteen. Several doctors couldn't find the issue he took one look and ordered tests. He came to see me every day. A very busy man. He gets right to the point and that's what you pay for. I owe my life to this man for I was in bad shape. He was always there when I was at the hospital after the surgery for even non related issues to make sure I was ok. I am no longer in Sioux City but if we're there would see no one else.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

Hartje misdiagnosed my daughter. His demeanor was detached, abrupt, and possibly unprofessional.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2011

Dr Hartje performed my colonoscopy dressed in blue jeans and a black t-shirt. His nurses and technicians were all dressed appropriately in scrubs. My husband thought he was a janitor, not a doctor. I was not impressed by him.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2011

I have had several procedures done by Dr. Hartje. He is a very good Dr. He is, by nature a quiet man, but I have always been satisfied with his communication with me.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

I have seen Dr Harje several times for different reasons. I've always had a pleasant experience with the 4 procedures. He is straight forward and to the point.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2011

Got a procedure done but he said he didn't find anything. Got a second opinion only to found out a wasted my time and money him. He is extremely unprofessional and when I went in for an post op appt. he was wearing worn jeans and a black tee shirt like he was just getting off a construction job. Just not a good doctor at all!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

I was sent to Hartje after my family doc came up with a possible diagnosis. Hartje thought I couldnt possibly have this disease because I am not diabetic and refused to do the test. THREE YEARS later a doc in omaha diagnosed me with the same disease. I suffered for 3 years because Dr. Hartje was too proud, stubborn and "busy" to perform tests for a diagnosis that he didnt come up with first. Additionally, I have never met a less personable human being.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2007

Dr. JAMES L. Hartje's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)

AHC